Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Herremans is a decent OG he is no Steve Hutchinson or Alan Fanneca in their prime. When Shawn Andrews was on at OG he was a monster, Herremans isnt even close to what Andrews was when at his peak. Herremans outperformed yes when Andrews head was in the clouds or was fighting a back injury. Really if Herremans is as good as you said he is he would of been the starting RT last year not Justice. Andrews was going to be put out there because of how good he performed. And I like justice but if you cant beat Justice out of that spot there is no way Herremans>Sh Andrews at his peak.

    We have One pro bowler on this OL and even then Its an average line. I see Kolb getting sacked 40 plus this year easy maybe even 50. Teams like Dallas are going to have a field day on us. I mean really Mcglynn is a guard. Center is alot harder then OG but will see. Hell I hope I am wrong but I am not sold on this line yet. Peters is great most of the time but has moments, Also prone to injury as he has missed a game or 2 each of the last 3 seasons. Justice is a good RT but I wouldnt call him even a top 10 RT in the league. Cole is good as a guard and hope that either Mcglynn can do what you say Or we sign/trade for a starting C and let him move back because as a center he is too slow out of his stance.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by igglefanz View Post
      Herremans is a decent OG he is no Steve Hutchinson or Alan Fanneca in their prime. When Shawn Andrews was on at OG he was a monster, Herremans isnt even close to what Andrews was when at his peak. Herremans outperformed yes when Andrews head was in the clouds or was fighting a back injury. Really if Herremans is as good as you said he is he would of been the starting RT last year not Justice. Andrews was going to be put out there because of how good he performed. And I like justice but if you cant beat Justice out of that spot there is no way Herremans>Sh Andrews at his peak.

      We have One pro bowler on this OL and even then Its an average line. I see Kolb getting sacked 40 plus this year easy maybe even 50. Teams like Dallas are going to have a field day on us. I mean really Mcglynn is a guard. Center is alot harder then OG but will see. Hell I hope I am wrong but I am not sold on this line yet. Peters is great most of the time but has moments, Also prone to injury as he has missed a game or 2 each of the last 3 seasons. Justice is a good RT but I wouldnt call him even a top 10 RT in the league. Cole is good as a guard and hope that either Mcglynn can do what you say Or we sign/trade for a starting C and let him move back because as a center he is too slow out of his stance.
      Why move Herramens out of LG? Why make two spots weaker? Justice is actually (to my surprise) a good player and Jaun Castillo and Andy Reid knew that. Why weaken the LG spot? And Herramens never had the raw talent that Shawn had, but Shawn played next to Tra Thomas who was one of the best in the game while he was here and Herramens metrics were better than Shawn Andrews. Herramens is a really good offensive guard, not an elite talent but he is definitely underrated and together with Jason Peters they form one of the best left sides in football.

      Comment


      • Also that play you put that is nice on that play he has a good pocket to step up into. It took all he had to throw the ball 35 yards. That is a good throw but that doesn't prove arm strength Hell limp arm Garcia can throw a ball that far. That there is my point. If he has a pocket things can be good but if pocket collapses think Mcnabb struggled its gonna be worse then that.

        Comment


        • The Eagles success this season relies on two areas of the team, the secondary and the O-line/Kolb. If the line can give Kolb enough time, as well as generate holes in the run game, taking pressure off Kolb in the passing game, the offense should have a high level of success, similar to last season. The secondary is going to rely a bit on the pressure the front 4 gets, and if whoever starts at RCB can cover their responsibility well enough for the pressure to affect the QB, the lack of talent at RCB will be minimized. Also if Nate Allen can come in and do what he should do, I think that boosts the secondary a great bit.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

          Rest in Peace, themaninblack

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Thumper View Post
            Obviously, I'm just amazed at how some people are acting like the Eagles fell off the face off the earth, like McNabb and Sheldon Brown MADE this team and that without them the Eagles are doomed. That just isn't right, the team as a whole is more talented than they were last year. I'm not saying the Eagles are Dallas bound but c'mon the Eagles aren't finished.
            I don't think people are acting like the Eagles fell off the face of the earth, but in a division as competitive as ours it's quite possible we end up at the bottom.
            .......

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              Woah woah woah, our line is FAR better than Washington's line. If anything the Eagles have the best offensive line in the division, Dallas has a mediocre LT, LG and RT and last season even though the Eagles line was banged up all season they still outperformed the Giants offensive line. the Eagles QBs were hit 67 times and the Giants QBs were hit 74 times. Eagles Qbs were sacked 38 times and Giants QBs were sacked 32 times. So the Giants QBs were hit one more time than the Eagles. The Eagles also passed more than the Giants did. Also if you look at Footballoutsider's offensive line statistics you will see that the Eagles offensive line was markedly better than the Giant's offensive line at run blocking, this is also shown by NFL.com when they point out that the Eagles runners averaged 4.3 yards per carry and the Giants averaged 4.1 (FO outlines a larger difference). The offensive lines in this division have gone downhill quick.


              Also I don't understand why people question Kolb's arm strength he showed he had enough to succeed in the NFL. I hate to use one play as an example, but this is a perfect example of Kolb's arm strength, it really shows that Kolb has what it takes in terms of arm strength, it's as pretty a deep ball as you will see.


              Kolb doesn't have a cannon for an arm but he can sling it deep just fine.

              Why don't you bring up the cowboys line stats if they are so mediocre?

              Also 35 yard throw most qbs should be able to do...and a lob at that.

              Comment


              • The Cowboys outside of Gurode and Davis are a mediocre line, Doug Free and Marc Colombo are average and will get eaten alive bt Trent Cole, Darryl Tapp and Brandon Graham and Kyle Kosier is mediocre as well. With Flo gone they will be a much worse line because Adams was actually one of the best run blocking tackles in the game and he shut down Trent Cole twice last year.

                Also, have you guys looked at the training camp pictures? Nothing really interesting. But Charles Scott is effing HUGE, he looks like he is in shoulder pads already, holy crap he is big.

                Comment


                • Seriously Mcglynn and playing in the interear does not make me confident.

                  Sig by Bone Krusher

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
                    Seriously Mcglynn and playing in the interear does not make me confident.
                    Why? You've never seen him play before. From what I understand he is a player with a solid anchor, is good in pass protection and plays mean. He isn't a world beater by any stretch but I think he could be serviceable, he is smart and agressive and he is much quicker than Nick Cole. I really think McGlynn is one of those players who isn't going to be great, but he will be a good starter and since he isn't overly big or powerful he really doesn't pop on the practice field but I think in live game scenarios he will be a good player.

                    Also the Eagles played Alex Hall as a DE today.

                    Victor Abiamiri can't even run until August and will likely miss the season after micro-fracture surgery.

                    Max Jean-Gilles had lap band surgery to lose weight, he said that after he hurt his ankle last year he wasn't able to work out so his weight balooned even more and he was pushing 400 pounds and he decided that wasn't healthy, he is down to 375 and is expected to lose about 50 more pounds by July. I really like this, this move will improve his conditioning and it will allow him to be more mobile and get to the second level. Plus it will help his long term health which is always a good thing.

                    The OG the Eagles claimed off of Tampa Bay failed a physical and Greg Isdander is now back from what I understand. Also the UDFA from LSU failed his physical and is now replaced by Darryl Jackson, 350 pound NT from Kean U.

                    Big Stew reportedly moved well today as well, thats really good news.

                    Comment


                    • EATW your boy Victor looks like he is going to be cut...just can't stay healthy.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                        EATW your boy Victor looks like he is going to be cut...just can't stay healthy.
                        Along with his buddy Trevor Laws, but his issue is more with sucking than getting injured.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                          Along with his buddy Trevor Laws, but his issue is more with sucking than getting injured.
                          There's a common denominator here. Let me find it...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                            There's a common denominator here. Let me find it...
                            Oh I know! I know! They both played for Notre Dame.

                            Comment


                            • That doesn't mean anything, look at Brady Qui-


                              Nevermind.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                                Oh I know! I know! They both played for Notre Dame.
                                I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.

                                Although I did love Laws when he came out, so I can't be too happy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information