This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    The Cowboys outside of Gurode and Davis are a mediocre line, Doug Free and Marc Colombo are average and will get eaten alive bt Trent Cole, Darryl Tapp and Brandon Graham and Kyle Kosier is mediocre as well. With Flo gone they will be a much worse line because Adams was actually one of the best run blocking tackles in the game and he shut down Trent Cole twice last year.

Also, have you guys looked at the training camp pictures? Nothing really interesting. But Charles Scott is effing HUGE, he looks like he is in shoulder pads already, holy crap he is big.

Doug Free is an unknown at this point. When he was a RT he was very solid and played at a pro bowl level, if you look up his stats for all year he was one of the better offensive lineman period. D posted that link before, I'll post it if I can find it.

Columbo also is much better then average. Dude has always been a beast of a RT, he was rushed back from injury last year which led to him being demolished vs Minny but he should have never been playing to begin with. He's still been an anchor on our line and has never been just average.

Kosier sucks IMO, people will point out how he was one of our best lineman last year and he did get better, but he's always sucked to me. Free is just an unknown, someone could just as easily say he's great as they could mediocre, hard to say for sure which one it'll be but there is alot more evidence to suggest he's better then mediocre.

Just because there is new blood on the line doesn't mean the entire unit will be worse. Do you really think Jerry would cut Flozell if he felt Free would be a downgrade? That's not even his style, and at worst it'll be a wash.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I just think the line will be worse because I think Flozell Adams was actually a good player, I don't really see that in Free. But we'll see, I don't really track back-up tackles from the Cowboys so he could be the next big thing for all I know.

---------------
      Anyways, I hate to bring this up after the fiasco in the NFC East forum but I feel like this is good to hear and that you should all like this as well.
      I think we’re going to be surprised at the success of Maclin this season. From what I hear he’s been living up in wide receiver coach David Culley’s office. Maclin wants to have people talking about him like they now talk about DeSean.

Comment

• McGlynn, is in the same boat as Free, we simply dont know. They could be a disapointment or solid contributors. We will wait and see.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• The Eagles defense dominated the Eagles offense today. I was going through tweets from Geoff Mosher and it was always somebody on defense making a play and flying around and I really think the new players are going to get better, they're small, fast and love to hit and they're really athletic.

Also apparently Ernie Sims has been great thus far, Sean McDermott said "There's a shark in the water right now, and thats Ernie Sims." I really think that if he can channel what he did at Florida State I really think he could be a steal for the Eagles.

Marty Morninwheg said the offense will change to reflect Kevin Kolb's strengths, meaning watch out for Brent Celek and Jeremy Maclin.

Comment

• Good stuff on the camp updates, Thump! Thanks for sharing.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• I'm also reading that new leadership is emerging, on offense I've heard Kevin Kolb, LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson and Mike McGlynn. On defense you have the usual suspects in Asante Samuel, Stewart Bradley and Quintin Mikell.

Kevin Kolb was getting in the face of some young receivers telling them that when the pocket collapses they have to come back, this shows me that he can be a fiery leader and that he isn't afraid to grab someone by the collar.
              LeSean McCoy who is one of the only returning runners was seen directing the younger runners and Mike Bell who are new to the team.
              DeSean Jackson got on Riley Cooper about finishing plays.
              Mike McGlynn is apparently really assertive in the huddle, making adjustments and overall just playing mean. I really expected this from Mike McGlynn.

EDIT: Jeremy Maclin already had defined arms, but I just saw a picture of him and he looks much bigger, he has to be at least 210.
              Last edited by Thumper; 05-01-2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Im liking what I see in this bunch, Kolb, looks like he is a leader. Keep us updated, Thumper.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• It should also be mentioned that right now, Harris is starting at FS, and Tapp was backing up Cole at RE. Also, Victor Abiamiri had (or is having, not sure) microfracture surgery on his knee, which goes a bit of the way to attributing why DE was addressed so early and often in the draft. Chaney and Sapp also are being looked at as SLBs. Keenean Clayton also saw time at SLB as well, though IDK if that is best suited for him.
                  Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                    EATW your boy Victor looks like he is going to be cut...just can't stay healthy.
                    He might be IRed, but I can say that it wouldn't surprise me if they cut him. You know what happeneddd with the last guy that had microfracture surgery on his knee. Granted Runyan was a bit older, but I could see them cutting ties with VA at this point. Needless to say, he wasn't what I expected. I never expect much out of him as a pass rusher, but he underperformed there as to what I expected. He was pretty much what I expected in the run game, however even in that aspect of the game he didn't live up to my expectations.
                    Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                    Along with his buddy Trevor Laws, but his issue is more with sucking than getting injured.
                    Not sure if you mean Laws is my buddy or Abiamiri's, but I liked Laws, and I still like him more than all but 3 of the Eagles DTs. Jeff Owens was a good pick value-wise, but he isn't better than Laws, which is saying something. He doesn't play to his measurables. I can see the Eagles keeping 5 DTs this season though, so both may end up on the final roster.
                    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• The defensive end scenario got complicated now that Abiamiri is hurt, the Eagles had great depth with Abs but now they only have good depth. At RDE I can see it working out with Trent Cole starting and playing all the snaps like he always does and at LDE there will be a rotation of Parker, Te'o-Neshiem (did I finally get it right?!), Graham and Tapp. Then if Cole gets hurt just slide Graham over to RDE and run with a rotation of Jaqua, DTN and Tapp at LE.

Also EATW the reason that Macho is starting is because the Eagles want Nate Allen to fully heal a quad injury. Also none of the rookies are starters right now because Andy Reid doesn't want to heap too much on the rookies, at the end of August I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 rookie starters.

Trevor Laws can't handle the two gap scheme the Eagles run, he just isn't strong enough at the point of attack, he is consistently blown off the line of scrimmage. Thats the reason why the Antonio Dixon took over Laws' spot last season and I don't think Dixon gives it up, Dixon was really impressive last season IMO. And Jeff Owens is a strong run defender, he isn't a good penetrator IMO but he plays really strong against the run and he commanded double teams in college which is why Geno Atkins had 10.5 sacks (2 seasons) with Owens and none without him.

Also worth noting is that McGlynn has taken most of the snaps at center. King Dunlap has looked improved. Alex Hall listed as a SLB has been playing with his hand in the dirt. I've heard nothing from Mike Bell and that Charles Scott is outperforming him at this point. I've heard that Keenan Clayton has been good in coverage which is to be expected. Ernie Sims has made the biggest impression on the Eagles, he is fast and has looked really good.

Comment

• Is Marlin Jackson at camp, and if so, wheee is he playing?

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
                          Is Marlin Jackson at camp, and if so, wheee is he playing?
                          He plays positional drills but doesn't play in team drills to help prevent injury to his knee, team drills have more movement, more players moving around and by holding him out he is less likely to reinjure his knee (remember he only tore it in late October so he isn't as far into his rehab as Stewart Bradley and Cornelius Ingram are.

Comment

• LeSean McCoy is convinced he could beat Floyd Mayweather in a fight...

So look I think I can beat mayweather no shrimp is going to beat me 5"7 please a right from me he's sleep
                            @iHeartKira u stop I'm serious no lil ol man will dominate me I bench press 4x mayweather what's he way 145lbs.
                            I can punch with both hands and I wrestled in junior high he wouldn't last 10min. If u seen me stiff arm imagine it's a jab
                            If I can fend off 260 pound lb's with killer instincts with a stiff arm I swear a jab from me to a 145 man would have him bed ridden

Comment

• Is Jackson going to play corner?

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
                                Is Jackson going to play corner?
                                Right now based on the depth chart that Andy Reid has been using at practice the RCB depth chart looks like this: 1-Ellis Hobbs 2-Joselio Hanson 3-Trevard Lindley

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information