Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only scenario id see Gruden coming in was if Reid was leaving after this season. Gruden isnt coaching anywhere this year.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• The rumor was that Gruden was coming in to replace Reid, who had a mysterious personal issue to deal with. So the entire coaching staff was in place, and Gruden was going to come in. Makes no sense. If Reid was leaving, they'd bring Gruden in before hiring the new DC. Additionally, Reid stayed with the Eagles even when 2 of his sons were going through horrible crises. It was all bunk all the time.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        The rumor was that Gruden was coming in to replace Reid, who had a mysterious personal issue to deal with. So the entire coaching staff was in place, and Gruden was going to come in. Makes no sense. If Reid was leaving, they'd bring Gruden in before hiring the new DC. Additionally, Reid stayed with the Eagles even when 2 of his sons were going through horrible crises. It was all bunk all the time.
        I dont know how long Reid is going to be around, so who knows. I would like to him to stay, I like AR a lot, but hes been coaching for a long time.

Like i said, the only way i see Gruden coming in would be after this season.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• If the Eagles regress this season or fail to get out of the first round when the team is fully healthy, then it might be time for the team to make a change. Roseman is a gambler, and Reid is not "his" guy. I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if the team made a change.

Gruden would be a pretty strong choice, given his ties to the organization, the West Coast philosophy, and the fact that he has a ring already.

I like Reid as well. He has had a really strong 12 year run with the Eagles. I'm not ready to see him go just yet.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Several former Eagles are now in the fold as coaches:

Mike Zordich is now the Safeties coach. Mike Caldwell is now the LB coach. Duce Staley is the RB coach. Doug Pederson is the QB coach.

Zordich was a technician who got by on anticipation and technique when he was a player. I think he can only help the development of the

Caldwell had 2 years under JJ as a player and worked on sub packages. I recall him being a sound tackler and understood the timing on blitzes well. He will be a strong addition.

Pederson was destined to be a coach from the start. Reid mentored him in GB and made him the starter in 1999. He knows the Holmgren/Reid WCO very well, and he knows plenty about being a QB in terms of mechanics and footwork.

Staley was always a heady player. He knows the Reid offense and what is expected. Adding him as a mentor to Shady will only help.

I like that these former players are in position specific roles for the team. It shows that Reid is refilling the pipeline. He has lost so many coaches already to OC/DC and HC roles, he needs to continue to recruit the appropriate talent.

Comment

Several former Eagles are now in the fold as coaches:

Mike Zordich is now the Safeties coach. Mike Caldwell is now the LB coach. Duce Staley is the RB coach. Doug Pederson is the QB coach.

Zordich was a technician who got by on anticipation and technique when he was a player. I think he can only help the development of the

Caldwell had 2 years under JJ as a player and worked on sub packages. I recall him being a sound tackler and understood the timing on blitzes well. He will be a strong addition.

Pederson was destined to be a coach from the start. Reid mentored him in GB and made him the starter in 1999. He knows the Holmgren/Reid WCO very well, and he knows plenty about being a QB in terms of mechanics and footwork.

Staley was always a heady player. He knows the Reid offense and what is expected. Adding him as a mentor to Shady will only help.

I like that these former players are in position specific roles for the team. It shows that Reid is refilling the pipeline. He has lost so many coaches already to OC/DC and HC roles, he needs to continue to recruit the appropriate talent.
              I saw that Deuce was more of a quality control coach, but perhaps my reports I read were wrong, either way though, he isn't really an "addition" (he was here last year as a coaching intern), so he is just moving up in the organization. Its nice that he is sticking around and will be able to help Shady and the other RBs even more.
              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-pass-rusher/

Unfair. I loved Phillip Hunt coming out. Him and Brandon Graham is just too much of teh sex.

Comment

• With all the DLine talent and Washburn, the Eagles have to improve defensively this year...

Comment

With all the DLine talent and Washburn, the Eagles have to improve defensively this year...
                    I do expect a marked jump in the level of play of the defense, as long as they can stay healthy. Remember, we didn't really see the secondary as anywhere near as big an issue until Nate Allen was injured (also helped mask that our front 4 weren't getting enough pressure on QBs). He helped cover up some of the issues at LCB last year, despite being a rookieWith Washburn, I expect the DL to improve, Bradley will be fully healed, as well as the rest of the LB corp having more experience. If Nate Allen recovers well, he should improve as he has his rookie year behind him.

Comment

• The problem wasn't that Nate Allen was injured - it was simply because Dimitri Patterson was pressed into service. This man simply does not have the physical talent to be a starting cornerback in the NFL. The Eagles will only improve on defense next year if they either draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft OR sign an impact free agent CB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zello View Post
                        The problem wasn't that Nate Allen was injured - it was simply because Dimitri Patterson was pressed into service. This man simply does not have the physical talent to be a starting cornerback in the NFL. The Eagles will only improve on defense next year if they either draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft OR sign an impact free agent CB.
                        I'm not saying his injury was the problem, but while he was healthy, he helped mask the issues that were present at the LCB position, and as soon as he went down, his security blanket in Allen was gone and it exposed him more. I am fully aware of the gaping hole at LCB, but Allen helped mask it and made up for the deficiencies there while he was in.

Comment

• What do you guys think of the role of Brandon Graham next season? He disappointed me so far, and the ACL is also a big questin mark for him and now the signing of Hunt, I don't know how much playtime he'll get.
                          "Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."

Comment

• I don't know if he'll be 100% at all next season, but I'm excited to see what Jim Washburn does with him when he can play. Also, what does Phillip Hunt have to do with how much PT Graham gets? Hunt is far from a lock to make the roster, let alone start.

Comment

• Hunt? I just find it strange that the FO keeps bringing in more and more DEs :)
                              "Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."

Comment

• Originally posted by tenorx View Post
                                Hunt? I just find it strange that the FO keeps bringing in more and more DEs :)
                                The Eagles desperately want to have what other 4-3 teams have: i.e. a decent pass rush with just four guys up front.

They're just trying to throw s*** against the wall and see what sticks. That's why they've drafted like 50 billion DEs in the past few years and signed 30 million more. Eventually, they hope, one of these guys will work out.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information