Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I like the idea of them trading down and collecting more picks. The only thing I would change is to draft a WLB with their 3rd round pick. They can't possibly go through another season with that same group of LBs. Maybe take a shot at a guy like Dontay Moch.

    Comment


    • Draft day is finally here doods! Can't wait to see the end result of Thursdays draft. I'll check in and hopefully it's cheers we all share.

      Sig by Bone Krusher

      Comment


      • Well, that pick is....interesting. I don't hate it, but I feel like it was such a reach and I'm sure they must have exhausted possible trade downs. Would've loved for the Saints to have traded with us.

        Watkins is quite old, but I feel like he will be a solid contributor to an already talented offensive line.

        Comment


        • Damn! Horrible pick for value and need with Jimmy Smith on the board.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
            Damn! Horrible pick for value and need with Jimmy Smith on the board.
            Jimmy Smith would have been a terrible pick. I think the biggest crime we committed was not trading up for Prince when he was in our grasp and not drafting Cameron Jordan at #23.

            At least trade back to get Watkins. Or draft Carimi.

            Jimmy Smith is not what our team needs right now. He's Aqib Talib 2.0 and thats not going to help us. Although he is quite talented, we can't afford to take a guy with such character concerns.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
              Jimmy Smith would have been a terrible pick. I think the biggest crime we committed was not trading up for Prince when he was in our grasp and not drafting Cameron Jordan at #23.

              At least trade back to get Watkins. Or draft Carimi.

              Jimmy Smith is not what our team needs right now. He's Aqib Talib 2.0 and thats not going to help us. Although he is quite talented, we can't afford to take a guy with such character concerns.
              I kept waiting and waiting.

              Maybe this means we will go hard after Aso in FA.



              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                Jimmy Smith would have been a terrible pick. I think the biggest crime we committed was not trading up for Prince when he was in our grasp and not drafting Cameron Jordan at #23.

                At least trade back to get Watkins. Or draft Carimi.

                Jimmy Smith is not what our team needs right now. He's Aqib Talib 2.0 and thats not going to help us. Although he is quite talented, we can't afford to take a guy with such character concerns.
                It's our biggest position of need and Smith's a top 10 talent. His character concerns are overblown, and what Aqib Talib has been doing lately has 0 correlation with anything Jimmy Smith will do in the future. Brandon Flowers had character concerns too. A lot of CB's are assholes, that's expected, and many of them don't have squeaky clean records. I'm jealous of the Ravens, they got a real talent.

                Now Jaiqwan Jarrett? I'm trying to give the Eagles the benefit of the doubt but what the hell are we doing? A safety? Not a strong position of need and a reach as well.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                  It's our biggest position of need and Smith's a top 10 talent. His character concerns are overblown, and what Aqib Talib has been doing lately has 0 correlation with anything Jimmy Smith will do in the future. Brandon Flowers had character concerns too. A lot of CB's are assholes, that's expected, and many of them don't have squeaky clean records. I'm jealous of the Ravens, they got a real talent.

                  Now Jaiqwan Jarrett? I'm trying to give the Eagles the benefit of the doubt but what the hell are we doing? A safety? Not a strong position of need and a reach as well.
                  Aqib Talib and Jimmy Smith both had concerns about drug abuse. Brandon Flowers's only concern was a picture on his facebook with alot of money in it, but it was never fully disclosed on what the money was for (stolen, drug money, etc.) that was overblown, whereas Jimmy smith's concerns definitely have some substance to them; 2 Abortions (being irresponsible), multiple failed drug tests.

                  Comment


                  • We really ****** up. Jarret in the 2nd? Henry in the 4th? Did we even pick up an impact player? a 27 year old rookie 23rd overall?

                    How the hell are going to stop Miles, Dez, Romo, Jones, and Demarco Murray?

                    Comment


                    • I am not a fan of the Eagles draft, which sucks because I really like the Eagles and Andy Reid. Watkins to me is just not a first rounder. An older than average interior offensive line prospect? I'll pass. Jarrett is ok in the 2nd I guess, but I don't start to get excited about a prospect until Marsh in the 3rd and it'll likely be a while before he is able to contribute.

                      Casey Matthews has some playmaking ability and should contribute in the Eagle's defense but he is limited athletically and nowhere near the player Clay is. Dion Lewis and Lesean McCoy in the same backfield is intriguing and perhaps Havili will play the bruiser part. You can't knock two late round flyers on offensive linemen. Overall, I don't think the Eagles got very much out of their 11 picks. I don't think you'll be seeing much of this class for a while.

                      Comment


                      • Watkins is a guard. Age doesn't matter. Most first rounders don't return to their squad, a guard likely will, and a guard with little wear on him like Watkins will play into his mid thirties.

                        Age is often-times overblown. Watkins is a day one starter who will be there for a while.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                        Next Up: 2012

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Vick2Jackson View Post
                          We really ****** up. Jarret in the 2nd? Henry in the 4th? Did we even pick up an impact player? a 27 year old rookie 23rd overall?

                          How the hell are going to stop Miles, Dez, Romo, Jones, and Demarco Murray?
                          Im not scared of Romo or any of the other guys.

                          The eagles passing on Jimmy Smith in the 1st and Brandon Harris in the 2nd makes me think that they will go hard over Aso or Jonathan Joeseph when the time comes for Free Agency



                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                            Watkins is a guard. Age doesn't matter. Most first rounders don't return to their squad, a guard likely will, and a guard with little wear on him like Watkins will play into his mid thirties.

                            Age is often-times overblown. Watkins is a day one starter who will be there for a while.
                            I agree with you on age being overblown, especially in this instance. Our offensive line isn't going to have the quality players that we have in place now for the next 5 years and Vick isn't going to be in his prime for the next 5 years. If we're gonna win, we're gonna do it now and RG was the one missing piece on the offensive line.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                              Im not scared of Romo or any of the other guys.

                              The eagles passing on Jimmy Smith in the 1st and Brandon Harris in the 2nd makes me think that they will go hard over Aso or Jonathan Joeseph when the time comes for Free Agency
                              ... lol you're not scared of any of their guys? A top 10 QB, a top 5 WR in Miles (when he was Romo) and probably the best young receiver in the game and will probably emerge as one of the top receivers period next year in Dez.... and two hoem run threats at running back. And you're "not scared". Not to mention we have Samuel who both Dez and Miles will physically abuse and the **** Patterson. Jarret at SS? Our best player in the secondary is Allen. We need to do something or NY and Dallas will continuously own us. Especially Dallas.

                              Put your bias aside.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Vick2Jackson View Post
                                ... lol you're not scared of any of their guys? A top 10 QB, a top 5 WR in Miles (when he was Romo) and probably the best young receiver in the game and will probably emerge as one of the top receivers period next year in Dez.... and two hoem run threats at running back. And you're "not scared". Not to mention we have Samuel who both Dez and Miles will physically abuse and the **** Patterson. Jarret at SS? Our best player in the secondary is Allen. We need to do something or NY and Dallas will continuously own us. Especially Dallas.

                                Put your bias aside.
                                Romo is a hack, I do not think Romo is a top 10 qb in this league and I think he is what really sets the Cowboys back.....Not scared. I can pick 10 guys in this league that I would pick before Romo and thats not an exaggeration

                                Dez cant stay on the field, whether it be injuries.....and hes always getting in trouble so who knows what the **** is going on with him.....not scared.

                                Miles Austin is good when he has a QB that can get him the ball.....so not scared.

                                They dont run the ball for some ******* reason, they think its more efficient to drop back and throw the ball 35+ times a game, so why should i be worried of 2 home run threats that they dont use?

                                They dont have an offensive line worth the ****, so why should I be worried about their skill guys? The line is the first part that has to work for an offense, without them nothing else happens.


                                Not worried about the Cowgirls, our blitz schemes will cause problems for the cowboys line, a healthy Allen will help big time in the secondary and I expect us to make a push for one of the top FA CB's....if theres anyone in the east that scares me its the Giants because of their pass rush.

                                And just to name the 10

                                1) Peyton
                                2) Brady
                                3) Rodgers
                                4) Brees
                                5) Big Ben
                                6) Rivers
                                7) Ryan
                                8) Vick
                                9) Flacco
                                10) Cassel/Bradford/Cutler/Schaub?

                                ****! i might even take Sanchez knowing the guy can win in the playoffs

                                all guys I would take over Romo if I was building a team.
                                Last edited by SickwithIt1010; 05-04-2011, 09:47 PM.



                                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information