This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
    Romo is a hack, I do not think Romo is a top 10 qb in this league and I think he is what really sets the Cowboys back.....Not scared. I can pick 10 guys in this league that I would pick before Romo and thats not an exaggeration

Dez cant stay on the field, whether it be injuries.....and hes always getting in trouble so who knows what the **** is going on with him.....not scared.

Miles Austin is good when he has a QB that can get him the ball.....so not scared.

They dont run the ball for some ******* reason, they think its more efficient to drop back and throw the ball 35+ times a game, so why should i be worried of 2 home run threats that they dont use?

They dont have an offensive line worth the ****, so why should I be worried about their skill guys? The line is the first part that has to work for an offense, without them nothing else happens.

Not worried about the Cowgirls, our blitz schemes will cause problems for the cowboys line, a healthy Allen will help big time in the secondary and I expect us to make a push for one of the top FA CB's....if theres anyone in the east that scares me its the Giants because of their pass rush.

And just to name the 10

1) Peyton
    2) Brady
    3) Rodgers
    4) Brees
    5) Big Ben
    6) Rivers
    7) Ryan
    8) Vick
    9) Flacco
    10) Cassel/Bradford/Cutler/Schaub?

****! i might even take Sanchez knowing the guy can win in the playoffs

all guys I would take over Romo if I was building a team.
    Flacco is trash ask Ravens fans. Romo is a very effective regular season qb, and is great at getting his WR's the ball. But like always after injury people forget about him. The playoffs are a different story. With our current cb's we will get torn apart with deep WR corps like the Cowboys and Giants have.

I think we're going to see a very strong push for Aso because right now CB is our biggest need.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
      Flacco is trash ask Ravens fans. Romo is a very effective regular season qb, and is great at getting his WR's the ball. But like always after injury people forget about him. The playoffs are a different story. With our current cb's we will get torn apart with deep WR corps like the Cowboys and Giants have.

I think we're going to see a very strong push for Aso because right now CB is our biggest need.
      It wasnt his injury that I based my thoughts off of....I wasnt fond of the guy before he got hurt.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

It wasnt his injury that I based my thoughts off of....I wasnt fond of the guy before he got hurt.
        He's accurate, and a good athlete with good mobility. When he's healthy Eagles games against the Cowboys are usually shootouts. I'm not fond of the guy either but he's certainly not a qb you can discount as not being able to get the ball to his WR's.

Comment

Romo is a hack, I do not think Romo is a top 10 qb in this league and I think he is what really sets the Cowboys back.....Not scared. I can pick 10 guys in this league that I would pick before Romo and thats not an exaggeration

Dez cant stay on the field, whether it be injuries.....and hes always getting in trouble so who knows what the **** is going on with him.....not scared.

Miles Austin is good when he has a QB that can get him the ball.....so not scared.

They dont run the ball for some ******* reason, they think its more efficient to drop back and throw the ball 35+ times a game, so why should i be worried of 2 home run threats that they dont use?

They dont have an offensive line worth the ****, so why should I be worried about their skill guys? The line is the first part that has to work for an offense, without them nothing else happens.

Not worried about the Cowgirls, our blitz schemes will cause problems for the cowboys line, a healthy Allen will help big time in the secondary and I expect us to make a push for one of the top FA CB's....if theres anyone in the east that scares me its the Giants because of their pass rush.

And just to name the 10

1) Peyton
          2) Brady
          3) Rodgers
          4) Brees
          5) Big Ben
          6) Rivers
          7) Ryan
          8) Vick
          9) Flacco
          10) Cassel/Bradford/Cutler/Schaub?

****! i might even take Sanchez knowing the guy can win in the playoffs

all guys I would take over Romo if I was building a team.

I see what your saying, but it seems like you are just slighting Romo more due to the fact that he plays for the Cowboys especially since you have to reach to find 10 QB's better. Romo is a top 10 QB, if you don't put him there your putting guys in with huge question marks.

Matt Casell? Romo has had 3, arguably 4 seasons better then him already. Cassell still bombed in the playoffs also. Cutler is an INT machine and still has yet to show up in the playoffs but I can at least see an argument for him. Bradford is a rookie who could end up being a top 3 QB or just solid, things always look bright after 1 season to go off of. Schaub has been all about stats and actually is injury prone, them never making the playoffs has to fall mostly on his shoulders just like any other QB.

Then you have Joe Flacco. You don't think it's gonna be easier on any QB playing for the Ravens? With their defense keeping every team under 20 points look at how many scoring drives you would have to lead. Look at the security you would have once you got up in games. He's been asked to make very little plays ever and rely on the runnin game and defense while Romo and alot of these other QB's had to put the entire team on their back just to stay close.

None of those QB's have had a season throwing for 36 TD's like Romo(Cutler has yet to reach 30), has 2 seasons with a QB rating over 97, as well as the scrambling ability he provides and the ability to make plays. I don't know if he's gonna win a SB, but I just think if your not putting him in the top 10 your putting in guys who have alot more questions about their game then Romo, guys who haven't had nearly as good of individual seasons, or guys who have alot less of a smaller sampler size to evaluate their game off of.

Just my take though, don't wanna turn this thread about the Cowboys.
          Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 05-05-2011, 02:37 AM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I dont like the cowboys at all so that might lead to some of my hate for Romo, but I really dont think he is a top flight QB that so many people try to make him out to be. I feel that over the last couple years he has really been a product of what Garrett has been doing with the offense. I think that the Cowboys should be a running team with the amount of talent that they have in the backfield, but for some reason they find reasons to drop back and throw 30-35+ times a game, and i mean cmon, i could put up 3000 yd 30 td seasons doing that (BIG TIME EXAGGERATION) just trying to make a point.

I dont think the guy has what it takes to be a guy in this league and that might just be my opinion. There are a lot of QBs in this league that scare me a lot more than him, and part of that could be due to his offensive line....it might make him look worse (in my eyes) than he really is.

With my list those guys are players who I would rather start a franchise with over Romo. I may have reached with a couple, but not too much. I really think that the cowboys would be a force to be reckoned with if they had a different QB, they have too much talent to play the way they have.

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• The first Best Actor awarded was Emil Jannings, for his performances in The Last Command and The Way of All Flesh. He had to return to Europe before the ceremony, so the Academy agreed to give him the prize earlier; this made him the first Academy Award winner in history.

award nominees

Comment

• Originally posted by RONALD5 View Post
                The first Best Actor awarded was Emil Jannings, for his performances in The Last Command and The Way of All Flesh. He had to return to Europe before the ceremony, so the Academy agreed to give him the prize earlier; this made him the first Academy Award winner in history.

award nominees
                Get out! Get the **** out!

Comment

• http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=204177&spln=1

Eagles one of the top suitors for Aso...

....LETS GO!

Comment

• The draft was not what I envisioned but heck it's never what I envision. I have heard all the critics go positive and negative so I will gabe to wait and see.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Well I guess I best revive some life into these boards. Kinda sad how quiet it is here.

I am still kinda in shock at the last few days. I think even though we have addressed a few needs there is still stuff to be done.

We need to get DJ signed and into camp asap.

The depth at LB is a bit of a concern I am a big Casey fan but he is taking all the snaps at 1st team MIKE and Chaney is playing on the outside both are projecting to be the 2 in the nickle package.

RT is still a glaring hole with Vick being a southpaw so hopefully we are not done there.

Now the pros I am seeing a few things as a huge plus.

Great DE rotation now with Cole and Babin with Graham coming back and still having Tapp and the import Hunt. DT i feel the same way, great depth and should be ready for the season there.

I am not going to gloat about the CB situation we have. Happy yes but still could change even if Asante is traded we have Hansen, Lindley and Marsh behind 2 great starters.

I am happy with the safeties we have. I think Allen and Coleman will be starters with Jarrett pushing Coleman for time and eventually starting. Not incredible depth but great young players that are going to made to look even better with what they have as of a pass rush and corners in front of them.

Now on offense I am happy with WR situation I think that Cooper and Avant are good enough to fill in what we need matching them with Jackson and Maclin as starters.

Running back I have to see what Havli offers before I really comment here because the eagles do need a big grinding running back. I have said this for years and I think Owen takes over the FB spot. I love Lewis but is another RB a need spot I dont know yet.

Rest of the line I am happy with, still want more depth at T but the guard and Center spot i feel is set with Herrimans, a hopefully healthy Jackson and Watkins. There is depth with Mcglynn and the rookie Vanveldre.

I do like the Vince Young signing. it adds depth and I think he can turn it around here and be a very key piece in this system.

Comment

• obviously the loss of Bradley doesn't really concern you guys now but could you tell me a bit about him, i'm hearing he could realistically play all 4 spots in a 3-4 that sound right?

He chose the #97 so I'm assuming OLB

Comment

• He was a complete beast in 2008 as the MLB in the #3 defense in the NFL that year. He was basically an excellent run-stopper with great blitzing capability and average to above-average range in coverage. He showed flashes of All-Pro capability that year.

The caveat is that he is all that but only when he is healthy. In 2009 he tore his ACL before the season started and missed the entire year, and then came back in 2010 but wasn't nearly as effective. However, ACL injuries often take more than a year to recover from, so perhaps you guys will get lucky and 2008 Bradley will come back in 2011. If not, you have 2010 Bradley: an injury-prone MLB with slightly above-average run-stopping ability but poor speed and inability to cover.

Comment

• Ronnie Brown. Hatechu.

Comment

• Also. Ryan Harris. Hatechu. He's a hell of a player. I always thought he and Clady would grow old in Denver, with Clady anchoring the LT and Harris the right. After all, Harris was at one point our second best lineman. The guy is just below pro-bowl caliber when healthy, and I truly believe that if he were on a bigger market team like Dallas, he would be a multi-time pro-bowler by now. Great signing, sad to see him go. I hope Orlando Franklin can fill the void harris left, but it will be tough to do.

Comment

• Overall, a solid first game. The lack of cohesion showed a little bit in the first quarter, but the gap in overall team talent showed itself almost the instant Stephen Jackson finished his one and only run. (Had he been able to play the whole game, we may have seen a much closer game, at least up until the Bradford injury). What I find encouraging is the offense put up 24 points without even playing anywhere near its best football. I'll also include as encouraging, the O-line. I realize the Rams don't have a defense known for putting pressure on the QB, but there were quite a few plays where Vick had a perfectly clean pocket to work with, and if the O-line unit can stay together for a good part of the season, will only improve as they get more comfortable with eachother.

The defense, outside of the first run to Stephen Jackson,and the second drive by the Rams, looked very good against a solid Rams offense, even without Jackson. I am a little concerned about Matthews, he is a liability out there, I'm just hoping one of his mistakes doesn't cost the Eagles a game or two. Babin showed why he was brought in with two sacks, and the rest of our DL got pressure as well, totalling 5 sacks and at least 12 pressures by my count. Both our young kickers did a solid job as well, I wouldn't say they did a great job by any means, but they didn't make any mistakes that would cost the team a close game. I would like to see Henery get more elevation in his kickoffs though, a talented return man will be able to take one of those low liners back all the way. Once he gets more air under his kickoffs, we could continually see opposing offenses starting inside the 20, because our coverage team looks very good from what I've seen so far.

Very happy with the game though, it could have been a tightly contested game, but the defense showed glimpses and the offense showed bits of why we know this is a playoff caliber team. Seeing the stat about Shady and Vick both running for 100 yards (then in being taken away by the kneeldowns) got me thinking. This offense has the potential, when it is at its best, to have a game with two 100 yard rushers and receivers each, and I haven't looked it up yet, but I'm pretty sure that has never happened before. I'm excited for the Atlanta game, they will be a much better test and a better barometer to see where the Eagles stand in the NFL.
                                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information