Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the team can somehow turn this around and make the playoffs and win at least one playoff game, Reid might save his job. But lets not bank on that, lol. There are definitely a few head coaching candidates that would be considered, depending on how Todd Bowles turns the defense around, he might be a candidate. Now we don't have a lot of history to go off of here, but Lurie doesn't seem to like going after college coaches, Reid was an NFL assistant, and when they went through the interview process, I don't remember hearing any college coaches that were being thrown around. If you're looking for likely possibilities, I'd look for prominent NFL coordinators. Now this is just my gut feeling here, but I'd imagine Lurie would still look for an offensive-minded head coach, but that's just my opinion.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
      If the team can somehow turn this around and make the playoffs and win at least one playoff game, Reid might save his job. But lets not bank on that, lol. There are definitely a few head coaching candidates that would be considered, depending on how Todd Bowles turns the defense around, he might be a candidate. Now we don't have a lot of history to go off of here, but Lurie doesn't seem to like going after college coaches, Reid was an NFL assistant, and when they went through the interview process, I don't remember hearing any college coaches that were being thrown around. If you're looking for likely possibilities, I'd look for prominent NFL coordinators. Now this is just my gut feeling here, but I'd imagine Lurie would still look for an offensive-minded head coach, but that's just my opinion.
      I'd hate to see it...really hate to see it... but I wouldn't put it past Rob Ryan being interested in coaching his father's Eagles.

Comment

• I would not want Rob Ryan anywhere near this team to be completely honest. I think he feeds off of us his brothers success and gets too much hype because he coaches the team with the "star". When I'm thinkin of big time coaching candidates right now I think of guys like:

Greg Roman: OC SF 49ers- Has coached with Harbaugh since Stanford and has shown that his offense can be physical. He runs the ball, and his teams are great with play action. His team does not have the weapons we have and his offense would only improve. The line in SF is much more physical than ours however. Would be interesting to see what he would do with the defense, having worked with Fangio and being apart of mainly 3-4 teams.

Rex Ryan HC Jets: Rex is a great defensive coach, he has his baggage due to his mouth but he seems to do that because of how much drama follows his team in New York and I feel he tries to bring the pressure to him rather than the team. The guy built that NY team up from being a very mediocre football team to 2 straight AFC title games. He is a defensive mastermind and is more of a 3-4 guy as well but I feel he would do some great things with our pass rushers. Someone is going to give him another shot as a HC.

Mike Zimmer DC Cincy- The fact that this guy isnt a head coach yet is crazy. He is a very good coach and was a hot candidate last year. He runs a 4-3 and has turned that defense in Cincy into a very solid unit. He would be in heaven with the pass rushers we have here and I feel he would bring the attitude and style they have in Cincy and the AFC North here to Philly.

John Gruden- His name will surface for all of the big time coaching gigs each off season. The guy is a great coach and has a west coast background, which our offensive playmakers are comfortable with. He understands that you need a great defense from his days in Oakland and in Tampa. He stuggled after his first year in Tampa because he couldnt find himself a QB and he would have his chance to take one in this years draft that he felt comfortable with if he so chooses.

Bill Cowher- Same as Gruden, when there is a high profile job...his name is going to come up. He was a great coach in Pitt and would bring a great mentality and the experience needed. There would be guys like Eric Mangini as well to run the defense that he helped make an elite 3-4 unit in Pitt. I believe the guy is going to get back into coaching sooner or later and Philly has deep pockets and I would imagine he may live in Penn.

David Shaw HC Stanford: Was Harbaugh's OC at San Diego and at Stanford and Stanford has not skipped a beat after he took over. He still has a very physical defense and runs a physical offense...the same one you see over in San Fran. He has learned under the coach who I feel is the best in the game right now and I would welcome him with open arms if we looked in the college game.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
          I would not want Rob Ryan anywhere near this team to be completely honest. I think he feeds off of us his brothers success and gets too much hype because he coaches the team with the "star". When I'm thinkin of big time coaching candidates right now I think of guys like:

Greg Roman: OC SF 49ers- Has coached with Harbaugh since Stanford and has shown that his offense can be physical. He runs the ball, and his teams are great with play action. His team does not have the weapons we have and his offense would only improve. The line in SF is much more physical than ours however. Would be interesting to see what he would do with the defense, having worked with Fangio and being apart of mainly 3-4 teams.

Rex Ryan HC Jets: Rex is a great defensive coach, he has his baggage due to his mouth but he seems to do that because of how much drama follows his team in New York and I feel he tries to bring the pressure to him rather than the team. The guy built that NY team up from being a very mediocre football team to 2 straight AFC title games. He is a defensive mastermind and is more of a 3-4 guy as well but I feel he would do some great things with our pass rushers. Someone is going to give him another shot as a HC.

Mike Zimmer DC Cincy- The fact that this guy isnt a head coach yet is crazy. He is a very good coach and was a hot candidate last year. He runs a 4-3 and has turned that defense in Cincy into a very solid unit. He would be in heaven with the pass rushers we have here and I feel he would bring the attitude and style they have in Cincy and the AFC North here to Philly.

John Gruden- His name will surface for all of the big time coaching gigs each off season. The guy is a great coach and has a west coast background, which our offensive playmakers are comfortable with. He understands that you need a great defense from his days in Oakland and in Tampa. He stuggled after his first year in Tampa because he couldnt find himself a QB and he would have his chance to take one in this years draft that he felt comfortable with if he so chooses.

Bill Cowher- Same as Gruden, when there is a high profile job...his name is going to come up. He was a great coach in Pitt and would bring a great mentality and the experience needed. There would be guys like Eric Mangini as well to run the defense that he helped make an elite 3-4 unit in Pitt. I believe the guy is going to get back into coaching sooner or later and Philly has deep pockets and I would imagine he may live in Penn.

David Shaw HC Stanford: Was Harbaugh's OC at San Diego and at Stanford and Stanford has not skipped a beat after he took over. He still has a very physical defense and runs a physical offense...the same one you see over in San Fran. He has learned under the coach who I feel is the best in the game right now and I would welcome him with open arms if we looked in the college game.
          That's actually comforting to hear because I love Rob and I don't want him to leave. Guys play hard for him and he's been able to make adjustments that work. He's been great at developing young talent and UDFAs.

One of these days Zimmer will get his chance. But you guys do know that the problem isn't the coach or the defense right? It's Vick.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information