Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the addition of Omar Jacobs, he is awesome. Marty's good at developing quarterbacks, he was the qb coach for some of the greats like Steve Young and Brett Favre.

Comment

i think that garcia has gotta be near as good as romo if not better and the cowboys didnt have greg ellis and they beat the colts
      we got a fair shot

Comment

Originally posted by utfootball1
        i think that garcia has gotta be near as good as romo if not better and the cowboys didnt have greg ellis and they beat the colts
        we got a fair shot
        :shock: WHAT?!?!

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

PROBOWL
          arm acc and strength doesnt just float away besides the expericence is another factor
          all he has to do is throw a screen 2 westbrook
          the colts dline is fast and over agressive

Comment

Garcia hasn't been good since he was in San Fransisco, which was like 3 years ago. He is nowhere near Romo right now.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by Dillen
              Okay, so Eagles lose to Titans, McNabb tears his ACL, the season is over, and Andre Waters died this morning. What a great weekend.
              Probably is over, if we had an easier schedule we could finish like 9-7 but we have Carolina, ATL, Indy and some more division games so well probably finish like 6-10 or 7-9. Im usually optimistic but maybe we should start looking at some potential draft picks.

Comment

People have been saying that McNabb is out for 7-8 weeks into next year also. If this is true i say we draft a QB in the 3rd round or even 2nd if we get one we rly like, the start him for experience the first half of the season, then in like 4 or so years when McNabb retires we put him in

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan
                  People have been saying that McNabb is out for 7-8 weeks into next year also. If this is true i say we draft a QB in the 3rd round or even 2nd if we get one we rly like, the start him for experience the first half of the season, then in like 4 or so years when McNabb retires we put him in
                  Not to bad an idea. Do you think we will resign STallworth though because that would really influence my draft outlook

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan
                    Carson Palmer tore his acl in the playoffs last year but was back to start this season, McNabb tore his acl but I'm confident he will be back early next season.

That being said, Romo is much better than Garcia. Garcia has licked nuts when he's played. His stats don't accurately portrayed how bad he has been. He can't keep a drive alive and can't move the chains.

Comment

McNabb wont be out a full 12 months, not even close. Palmer had the trifecta in the playoffs and was able to start the season.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

This sucks for McNabb, I guess we'll get our shot again next season, as long as we don't make stupid mistakes and have miracles happen against us we should have a record up there with the elite teams.

Comment

Wow, we suck that was pathetic. We can't tackle and we can't shed blocks. The only bright spots I could find were that Lito did a good job on Marvin, and Trotter was somewhat solid. Garcia was ok tonight but when we go up against teams with decent rush defenses I expect we will get rocked. That was the only reason Garcia was effective tonight because of how well our run game was working. That was one of the most frustratingly bad Eagles performances I have ever seen.

Comment

I said before the season that I thought we should change DC's. I put a lot of this on JJ and the rest on the personnel department. Obviously, the current scheme just doesn't work. I'm almost positive Johnson is done. The D has been consistently bad this year. No pressure since Kearse left, and I can't put all of it on the players. It looks like teams tee off and try to pick up Trotter, and when they do, they can run for 7-8 yards. McCoy looks lost and weak out there, and Jones is ineffective. Mike Lewis was a great run defender, but such a liability in the passing game, he couldn't do it. I like Considine, but he's not the hitter Lewis is. Dawk is still the man, but he can't carry this D.

My thoughts on the offseason:

Revamp the LB core. Trotter stays, McCoy stays because he's cheap, and Dhani is GONE. Gocong will be around, Gaither competes at SLB and WLB, and we contemplate a major FA signing.

Lewis is gone. This appears to be a given. I'm not sure if Considine is the answer, but we have to find out. Let him start next season and sign a veteran to a 1 year deal to be there just in case.

Tweak the DT's. I like the talent at DE. We have to keep Kearse 1 more year due to the cap, and I think he'll be good. The DE rotation is solid, but we could use another guy as a #4 DE. I think Bunkley will rebound. A draft pick or FA signing will be needed. I have a feeling like maybe Darwin Walker is gone.

There needs to be a defensive overhaul. The offense played fine last night. The D was crap. Things need to change and soon.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Our front seven sucks. It makes me sick to think back to the first 5 games when everyone thought we had an amazing defensive line 8 deep, it was even featured on the cover of Pro Football weekly for christs sake. I honestly don't know how they could give up that many yards and tds to a rookie. Matt Mccoy can't shed a block to save his life. The one bright spot on our defense is the secondary and even they aren't that great. I seriously overrated this team in the beginning of the year. Our offense was pretty good even with Garcia at the helm. I didn't see too many dropped passes (Hank Baskett). Westbrook continues to be a 1 man show and this should be a pro bowl season for him.

Comment

Our offense is fine. The defense is the weak area and needs help. The secondary is good, but when you can't stop the run, your players look poor. Just the nature of the beast. Trust me, if the Eagles could get teams in obvious passing situations by squashing the run, the secondary would be just as good as advertised. The problem is the DT's aren't big enough and get blown off the ball, and linemen get to the seocnd level and take out Trotter. Once that happens, we're done. There needs to be more bulk in the middle to free up Trott, plus we need better OLB's. Reid doesn't consider LB to be a "priority" position. I say he'd better change his thinking and change his DC. Perhaps they can nab someone from the Chicago or Miami staff. I like the way those D's are playing.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information