Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do guys think about L.J Smith getting a new deal, i would not mind keeping him he is okay, if he did carry the ball a little closer to his body that would improve him by alot. Come next year, and we are in a good position to draft a boarder elite/great tight end do u guys think we would keep L.J

This year there are not really any good tight ends, beside Olsen from Miami that stand out

2 more days untill thursday when FA begins, and no word on stallworth, you guys think he will be Tagged at 7.65 million

Comment

• I think LJ will receive a new deal either during training camp or during the season, depending on his production. He has been very good for the Eagles, and he has gotten better each year. I'm sure he could go and start for many other teams. He is fully incorporated into the scheme, and he is no longer a liability with blocking. There were other more pressing needs for extensions this season, but LJ will likely get a new deal.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Stallworth will not get tagged. He is not worth $7mm+ per season, and everyone in the league knows this. He will not sign an extension with the Eagles because that means the team will lose its third round pick as part of the trade with NO. Stallworth will test the market, and the Eagles will make their best offer. He will then make his decision, and we will live with it.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• yo i just noticed this Bsaza you need to change your sig. It should have cosdine in there instead of Lewis, or maybe someother SS when the season begins

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316
            yo i just noticed this Bsaza you need to change your sig. It should have cosdine in there instead of Lewis, or maybe someother SS when the season begins
            I don't really have that capability right now. I didn't make the sig in the first place. I will change it when Michael Lewis is officially gone, and when next year's starting lineup is finalized. It is not high on my priority list right now...

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway
              I know Willis and Waters are popular on this thread, but what other MLBs would you want if both were unavailable? It doesn't matter what round it is in, as long as you think they would be a great player for this team.
              Siler and Bishop. That's it for me.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• The more I think about it, the more I think the Birds should probably trade down. If Willis isn't there at 26 there isn't a lot of great value at the end of Rd. 1 that couldn't be eclipsed by picking up an early-mid 2nd rounder and an early 3rd
                Wish List at 19:

1. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
                2. Chris Williams
                3. Kenny Phillips
                4. Devin Thomas

Comment

• Originally posted by Dillen
                  Originally posted by eaglesalltheway
                  I know Willis and Waters are popular on this thread, but what other MLBs would you want if both were unavailable? It doesn't matter what round it is in, as long as you think they would be a great player for this team.
                  Siler and Bishop. That's it for me.
                  Yeah I was gonna mention Bishop, he would be a great pickup early second day if we have yet to draft a MLB.

Comment

• There actually are rumvlings that Stallworth may be Franchised, but that would ruin the rest of our off-season. The only thing I see happening if he would be franchised is that we would trade him. Does anyone know what he would be worth in terms of draft picks, and would another team be willing to give up the pick(s). I don't think he would be worth more than a first rounder, but you never know.

Comment

• Stallworth was traded for a 4th rounder and Mark Simoneau. People weren't exactly jumping out of their seats for a chance at a speed WR with a hamstring injury history. The Eagles wouldn't get anything much better. Let him walk or give him a long contract. Franchising him would be a huge mistake.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• Absolutely agree. As I said before, Stallworth is not worth $7mm+ per season, so why give that to him? There is zero benefit to franchising him other than crippling the team. Make your best offer, let him make his visits, then go from there.

Comment

• It would be dumb to franchise him if we intended to keep him, I agree there, but if we franchise and trade, which I still wouldn't like, we would at least get a draft pick for him, with no hit to the salary cap. The point is, if we franchise and trade him, we would still have the same amount of cap room, but we would have more picks to help our team out. I still think he will be re-signed during FA, but this is another option that I have heard news about lately that I thought you all should know about.

Comment

• Another thing I found out. I was in the New Orleans thread and asked them about the Donte trade. Most of them agreed that if the Eagles re-sign Donte in FA, they would get next year's third rounder. I am not sure if the fourth rounder from this year is included, but I would assume not. They may have been feeding me bull, but it seemed like thats what they really thought. This is good news if it is true. We have a bunch of extra picks from trades lined up for next year. We have two fourth rounders and an extra 5th and seventh, I think. We would be able to work a trade to replace that third if this is the case. If we lose our 4th this year along with next year's third, that would not be fair to me, but we could work a way to get into the fourth this year with a trade of some sort.

Comment

• As I recall it, Stallworth came for Simoneau and a conditional 4th rounder. The deal was that if the Eagles signed Stallworth to an extension, the Saints would get a third rounder instead of a 4th. I'm sure if there were other considerations, it would have been discussed. I recall this was a pretty huge trade at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway
                                It would be dumb to franchise him if we intended to keep him, I agree there, but if we franchise and trade, which I still wouldn't like, we would at least get a draft pick for him, with no hit to the salary cap. The point is, if we franchise and trade him, we would still have the same amount of cap room, but we would have more picks to help our team out. I still think he will be re-signed during FA, but this is another option that I have heard news about lately that I thought you all should know about.
                                Yeah, until you franchise him and get a trade worked, but he doesn't agree to the contract extension with the other team so you don't get the Ravens 2005 3rd rounder and 2006 2nd rounder.

**** Corey Simon.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information