Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry to change the topic but I haven't heard anything about michael bush, if i recall he was having a great college year and at 1 point was considered to be a heisman finalist then he got his season cut short but by the best possible way (if there is any, he broke his leg) and i thought he would be a great complementary back to westbrook, comments?

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

• Originally posted by jonbrodo17
      sorry to change the topic but I haven't heard anything about michael bush, if i recall he was having a great college year and at 1 point was considered to be a heisman finalist then he got his season cut short but by the best possible way (if there is any, he broke his leg) and i thought he would be a great complementary back to westbrook, comments?
      I really like Michael Bush. He is probably going to be taken in the second round after the combine I think. While I wouldn't like the pick of him in the second, worse picks could be made.

Comment

• As for the trade bsaza, I'm just telling what I heard. It may be right, it may be wrong, I'm thinking about starting a thread for everyone in the league to help figure this one out.

Comment

• If we do pick up Michael Bush with our second rounder it would be sending out the message that we are going to stay commited to the run.

I would however still prefer safety or linebacker at that point.

Comment

• The Eagles don't have to spend a high round pick on a RB to make him successful. Buck, Tapeh, Moats, and BWest are both later round picks, and Mahe was a UDFA. The team is great at finding bargains later in the draft and focusing on more "important" positions. RB's can be had at any point.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieDan
              If we do pick up Michael Bush with our second rounder it would be sending out the message that we are going to stay commited to the run.
              Very true. I'd still rather have Dwayne Wright in the 3rd/4th.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by Dillen
                Originally posted by JackieDan
                If we do pick up Michael Bush with our second rounder it would be sending out the message that we are going to stay commited to the run.
                Very true. I'd still rather have Dwayne Wright in the 3rd/4th.
                Wright reminds me a lot of Buck when he came out, though he is more well known and had a stronger college workload...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Kolby Smith, UL's Mike Bush replacement, now he is a lot like Buck.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by Dillen
                    Kolby Smith, UL's Mike Bush replacement, now he is a lot like Buck.
                    Buck barely got a chance to shine at Nebraska during his time there. Wright is at least a known commodity. Smith will also be well known next season. Wright is flying under the radar, but he runs REALLY hard...

Comment

• bsaza, half of those guys are third round picks and one is a FB. Buck was a later round pick, thats it. As for Tapeh, in most years, the #1 FB isn't even chosen on the first day. The point is, most of their talent is early, but I would not use a pick on Michael Bush, he would not fit our system as well as Brian Leonard. Leonard is the only RB or FB that is worth a second round pick for the Eagles. Besides, Bush will be gone by the early second round anyway, and I might kill myself if we trade up for Bush.

Comment

• Restructuring contracts

What are the chances that some Eagles would restructure contracts to free up cap space? Who would possibly be willing to do this and how much cap space could it possibly save?

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway
                          bsaza, half of those guys are third round picks and one is a FB. Buck was a later round pick, thats it. As for Tapeh, in most years, the #1 FB isn't even chosen on the first day. The point is, most of their talent is early, but I would not use a pick on Michael Bush, he would not fit our system as well as Brian Leonard. Leonard is the only RB or FB that is worth a second round pick for the Eagles. Besides, Bush will be gone by the early second round anyway, and I might kill myself if we trade up for Bush.
                          I consider top picks first and second rounders, mid rounders for selections in the 3-5th rounds, and late picks in the 6-7th rounds. that is my personal classification system. Besides, both Westbrook and Moats were late third round picks. I'll give you Tapeh's FB status, but he was a FB/RB in college.

Leonard is an intriguing prospect, but he is similar to Lawrence Vickers, who the Eagles passed on last season because they liked Tapeh. I don't see the Eagles taking a RB on Day 1 this season. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Re: Restructuring contracts

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway
                            What are the chances that some Eagles would restructure contracts to free up cap space? Who would possibly be willing to do this and how much cap space could it possibly save?
                            I'm sure the team would love to restructure, but who is a target? Trotter and Kearse have big deals, but there won't be long-term savings because they won't be with the team longer than 2 more years each. Howard just signed a long deal, so restructuring might not matter. 4 real targets I have are Westbrook, McNabb, Lito, and Sheldon. Westbrook has 3 years left on his deal, and I'm sure something could be worked out there. Sheppard and Brown both have 4 years left and are definitely targets. I don't think the Eagles should mess with McNabb's contract with his injury status up in the air.

If it will help the team and such, Banner will make the contracts work out.

Comment

• I think it would be hard to restructure any deals that would free up major cap room. But if we could get Donovan to do so, that would go a long way to help out this franchise. I doubt it happens, same thing with Westbrook. He just signed a contract extension last year. I don't think he would be willing to restructure, especially after his first 1,000 yard rushing season, and all of the other stuff he did for this offense. I too, don't think Howard would restructure a deal. Another option could be Kearse. He is the most likely out of all of the guys you mentioned, because Lito and Brown are relatively young, and they still may want to make as much money as possible.

Comment

• Trading Tra Thomas would free up $5M.

Just saying.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information