X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dillen
    Trading Tra Thomas would free up $5M.

Just saying.
    I don't want to mess with that line myself, not yet.. I doubt William Tra is back in 08 but Justice I don't trust
    Sheldon Brown: Will deflect passes for money to feed family

Comment

• i've always liked "william" (tra) and i doubt they would restructure deals but worth a shot

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

• Originally posted by broadstbullies
        Originally posted by Dillen
        Trading Tra Thomas would free up $5M.

Just saying.
        I don't want to mess with that line myself, not yet.. I doubt William Tra is back in 08 but Justice I don't trust
        As of right now we don't really know what we have with Justice because Reid didn't play him. What we need to do is start splitting time between the two this season. We need to get Justice ready to become a starter. I am wary about throwing him into the fire this early. If Reid would stop being so stubborn and play his damn rookies we might know what we have, but until we do I wouldn't get rid of Thomas.

Comment

• last year the eagles drafted 6 out of the 8 players they had showed interest in (bunkley, justice, jean-gilles, avant, bloom, and ramsey.) 3 of the 8 were brought to philly for visits (bunkley, justice, and jean-gilles) also, 2 of the eagles UDFA were on the list as well, Hank Baskett (who we traded for) and OT Pat McCoy. so here are the various prospects the eagles showed interested in:

at the Shrine Game:
          Idaho St. QB Matt Gutierrez
          Michigan WR Steve Breaston
          Texas DE Brian Robison

at the Senior Bowl (so far):
          Texas OT/OG Justin Blalock
          Arkansas OT Tony Ugoh
          Georgia Tech OT/OG Mansfield Wrotto

Cal CB Daymeion Hughes
          Fresno St. CB Marcus McCauley
          Texas Tech OG Manuel Ramirez
          Louisiana-Monroe SS Kevin Payne
          Kansas St. RB Thomas Clayton
          Clemson WR Chansi Stuckey
          Notre Dame OT Ryan Harris

visited their school:
          Albany OT Jacob Hobbs

Special Ties:
          Notre Dame CB Mike Richardson (one of our asst. coaches Trent Walters coached him at ND)

these are all the players we have looked at so far...this was on the EMB last year and is on the EMB this year and on football refuge...why are we lookin at a majority of OL right now? if we draft an OL early on...

Comment

• One reason could be that the Eagles always draft linemen. If they don't look at linemen among everyone else, their targets will be identified. One year doesn't really make a pattern. Ugoh is a pretty damn good player and could easily play RT for the Eagles after Runyan leaves/retires.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• you have got to be kidding me on Ugoh right? hes been knocked on many draft sites, including this one, since his awful performance at the senior bowl...his stock has dropped. and im just saying im sick of them drafting OL even though i know its reid's philosophy. but we have bigger needs on defense now

Comment

• This site isn't the be all, end all of analysis. Senior Bowl is important, but not everything. I never said he would be a first round pick, and I'm not saying he should be. I'm just stating the obvious: the Eagles always draft OLinemen. They have aging OT's. The NFL expects the team to throw a lot of smoke out there, and they stay very tight lipped about who they're looking at. If the team didn't look at OLinemen, the rest of the GM's would think something's up. Follow?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• im not dumb, i just pretty much agreed in my last post. ok? that is why we drafted justice and we also have pat mccoy and stefan rogers. plus herremans is more of a tackle than a guard

Comment

• Originally posted by mpt117
                    im not dumb, i just pretty much agreed in my last post. ok? that is why we drafted justice and we also have pat mccoy and stefan rogers. plus herremans is more of a tackle than a guard
                    I'm not saying you're dumb. My point was that the team generally throws out a lot of smoke to prevent their real intentions from being discovered. Remember the "shocker" Shawn Andrews pick? Same kind of thing. They'll have a nice board out there and will take the BPA that fits a need. I'm not worried about them taking a bunch of Olinemen in this draft.

Comment

• all i want for them to do is LB or Safety in the first 2 rounds then idc...i want Willis def in round 1

Comment

• Originally posted by mpt117
                        all i want for them to do is LB or Safety in the first 2 rounds then idc...i want Willis def in round 1
                        If they did this, I would be happy as well. No argument here.

Comment

• I think we should definitely go LB and safety in the first two or three rounds. I am beginning to come around that Willis may be left for our pick, but if not, we could get Waters in the third, with Griffin in the first and a DE in the second. I really think Leonard would be a good fit for our second pick in a stiuation where ther are no DEs or LBs worthy of a second round pick if we get Griffin. I know it won't convince you guys, but I would love to have him on our team.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway
                            I think we should definitely go LB and safety in the first two or three rounds. I am beginning to come around that Willis may be left for our pick, but if not, we could get Waters in the third, with Griffin in the first and a DE in the second. I really think Leonard would be a good fit for our second pick in a stiuation where ther are no DEs or LBs worthy of a second round pick if we get Griffin. I know it won't convince you guys, but I would love to have him on our team.
                            Looking at the Eagles draft history under Reid, there is no way Leonard is our second round pick. Not Leonard, not any RB/FB. I can see someone later on in the draft, but not that early. The team has holes to fill at LB, S, DE, and potentially DT. They could also use a developmental QB prospect super late, another WR if Stallworth is gone, and BPA from there. If Leonard falls, the Eagles could snag him, but I'm not sure if he fits a need with Tapeh doing well and Westbrook being the man...

Comment

• This might convince some of you on the Leonard pick, but if not, I can't say I didn't try.
                              Keep in mind this is IF Leonard would be picked by us.
                              Round 1:
                              Willis, Griffin, Carriker, or another DE
                              Round 2:
                              Weddle, Wendling, Leonard, or DE. ( I don't see any LBs that I like in the second that would be around for our pick. If you think there would be tell me.)
                              Round 3:
                              Leonard, Waters, DE, S.
                              Trade for a fourth, hopefully using any combination that includes the bowtie.
                              Round 4:
                              Waters, DE, CB, Run-stuffing DT (If we don't get one in FA), TE (maybe)
                              Round 5:
                              CB, DT, TE, OL
                              Round 6:
                              CB, DT, TE, QB to groom (maybe), OL
                              Round 7:
                              CB, DT, TE, QB, OL
                              This is a very likely draft considering the depth at the posititions of our need. I would be very happy with a draft like this and I hope the rest of you would be too. Enjoy, or hate, whichever you prefer.

Comment

• You know, its funny you wrote that, because I was doing the thing above as you wrote this. The only thing I disagree on is WR, even if we lose Stallworth.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information