Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atleast Reid wasn't a dick and ran the ball. If he gave Westbrook the ball consistently he'd be a top 10 player in the league.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Scotts new mock has the Eagles taking PSUs LB Paul Poslusny...im hating this pick idk bout you guys

Comment

I don't dislike Poz as a player, but he's not the kind of guy we need for our D at this point. Poz has had problems shedding blocks this season, so he can't flow to the ball and make plays. Hard for the Eagles to get much improvement on their D with LB's who have trouble shedding blocks. I think Poz will be great somewhere, probably as a combo ILB/OLB in a 3-4 D. However, I'm not sure his style of play fits with our D, and our DLine can't keep the LB's clean to make plays as is. Not a good idea IMO.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Posluszny is a terrible pick for the Eagles, especially in that situation.

The Eagles do not need a WLB. McCoy hasn't been consistent, but he hasn't played bad at all by any means. He's been their best linebacker this year. Something like 60 tackles, 6 TFL and 3 FF. Paul isn't strong enough to play MLB or SLB. The problems with Eagles LBs is speed and the ability to shed or overpower blocks. Paul doesn't really upgrade either.

Willis or Landry would be much better picks. Willis would be better because he could play all 3 spots, is pretty fast and very strong. I can't believe you didn't give the Eagles Landry. Dawkins has been declining. Lewis sucks and will leave in FA. Considine was good as the 3rd safety. Passing on an elite safety for another undersized LB, especially one that isn't needed, is downright dumb.
          That was my post to the mock draft. It's seriously a horrible pick.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Also, Mike Bartrum is retiring. Awesome. :x

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by Dillen
              Also, Mike Bartrum is retiring. Awesome. :x
              I'm gonna miss him, great long snapper. He also had a nose for the endzone.
              Over half of his receptions were for touchdowns.

That injury I guess sealed the deal, Howard can be a utility man for us until we find another long-snapper. I just don't like the idea of Howard getting hit on the back of the head repeatedly.

Comment

Whats up

Hey everyone I am new to these boards but I have known about scott's site for over a year now. I look forward to discussing the Eagles draft/FA plans with you all in the future. GO E A G L E S!

Sig by Kramer

Comment

Dillen, I like Willis a lot, and I think his skill set would fit well with the Eagles situation. He could be a potential future replacement for Trotter in the middle, with Gaither stepping in at SAM. Willis is probably the best LB prospect to suit the Eagles needs, but I have said for months now that S should be tops on their list due to the age of Dawkins and the issues with Lewis. Is Considine the answer? I'd rather not find out without a backup plan in place...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358
                    Dillen, I like Willis a lot, and I think his skill set would fit well with the Eagles situation. He could be a potential future replacement for Trotter in the middle, with Gaither stepping in at SAM. Willis is probably the best LB prospect to suit the Eagles needs, but I have said for months now that S should be tops on their list due to the age of Dawkins and the issues with Lewis. Is Considine the answer? I'd rather not find out without a backup plan in place...
                    In that situation I would go Landry over Willis 100 times out of 100, but the point was just to show that there was more than only one pick that would have been 50 times better.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

I wont be surprised if the Eagles go winless the rest of the year so I'm curious, do you guys think we'll end up with a top 10 pick? If so what would you do, trade down to the middle of the round or stay?

remember, if the Eagles resign Stallworth we lose our 3rd round pick, so I'm thinking if they traded down to the middle of the pack they could probably get 2 2nd rounders and a first, and address the defense

Comment

I think Poz will be a fine player, but not for the Eagles, and not in round 1. If he were to fall to the second round, the Eagles would likely have to pick him. Otherwise, there are some pressing needs on D that are more significant than WLB. I would say safety is a concern, and a CB on day 1 is probable. I also wouldn't mind another DE as part of the rotation. Poz is probably 12th on my list of prospects for the Eagles right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Incinerator
                          I wont be surprised if the Eagles go winless the rest of the year so I'm curious, do you guys think we'll end up with a top 10 pick? If so what would you do, trade down to the middle of the round or stay?

remember, if the Eagles resign Stallworth we lose our 3rd round pick, so I'm thinking if they traded down to the middle of the pack they could probably get 2 2nd rounders and a first, and address the defense
                          If they get a top 10 pick they better not trade it away unless they're getting way too much they should. To be honest, I'm sick of settling to get extra players. Get a stud.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

I don't think the Eagles would trade back for value unless they got a team overpaying, or if they didn't have their guy there. The team has never shied away from moving up to get the player they want (McDougle, Andrews), so I don't see them not taking a stud player in the top 10 if he were there and valued appropriately.

Comment

I wouldn't mind if the Eagles traded down 2 or 3 picks assuming we will be picking in the top 10 which I am, so we could move up in the second. Here's my ideal situation for the draft:
                              Round 1- Laron Landry LSU
                              Round 2- Anthony Waters Clemson
                              I really like Patrick Willis but the safety quality past the first round isn't as good of quality as the linebacker quality. What I like about Waters is that he's pretty fast which we could really use and since he got injured for his senior season then he could very well be available in the second round.

Comment

I would have to say LB is our #1 need and I do agree that Willis is the best fit for us, I think he has great potential as a 4-3 MLB for Trot's eventual replacement, also I would like to see them give Gaither a shot at SLB. We NEED to be deeper at LB.

Sig by Kramer

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information