Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Eagles have to evaluate their needs and players available at safety and LB and pick the BPA. If it's Willis, so be it. If it's Landry, why not? It's possible they've targeted another defensive playmaker for the squad that we haven't mentioned yet. I'm really looking for an immediate impact player to help shore things up. LB's tend to take a year to be ready for the system. If that tradition holds true, I'd rather have a first round safety, grab a good LB in round 2, then move along. I don't know a ton about Waters, but his size and projected speed looks pretty good. Not bad, Cunningham!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358
      I think the Eagles have to evaluate their needs and players available at safety and LB and pick the BPA. If it's Willis, so be it. If it's Landry, why not? It's possible they've targeted another defensive playmaker for the squad that we haven't mentioned yet. I'm really looking for an immediate impact player to help shore things up. LB's tend to take a year to be ready for the system. If that tradition holds true, I'd rather have a first round safety, grab a good LB in round 2, then move along. I don't know a ton about Waters, but his size and projected speed looks pretty good. Not bad, Cunningham!
      Ha I do what I can. I know we've been playing anchor in the middle defense with Trotter as MIKE but I think once he's gone we need to go in a new direction. A speedy lighter MIKE might be just what our defense needs. Like a Demeco Ryans of sorts. What I think that would add is some quicker penetration and if we could get to the ball carrier faster even if he didn't make the tackle and got blocked the ball carrier would have a lot of trash to move around. That's my biggest problem with our defense it doesn't swarm to the ball, and thats what all the best defenses must do. Also another thing I would like is a mammoth defensive tackle upwards of 320 pounds. Patterson is good and pulls double teams his way but neither he nor Walker really clog the middle. Before the draft I was hoping we would trade up and take Ngata, and then later I was hoping for Gabe Watson even though he had motivational problems.

Comment

How about David Harris? He reminds me a lot of Trot. I don't know exactly where he is projected to go but my guess mid 2nd round. With the emergence of Reggie Nelson it is looking likely that we might be able to get the best safety prospect IMO in LaRon Landry in the 1st. And I'm also warming up to the thought of Brian Leonard but since he is probably gonna be a 3rd rounder we won't be able draft him unless we don't re-sign Stallworth. I'm really hoping we do, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77
          How about David Harris? He reminds me a lot of Trot. I don't know exactly where he is projected to go but my guess mid 2nd round. With the emergence of Reggie Nelson it is looking likely that we might be able to get the best safety prospect IMO in LaRon Landry in the 1st. And I'm also warming up to the thought of Brian Leonard but since he is probably gonna be a 3rd rounder we won't be able draft him unless we don't re-sign Stallworth. I'm really hoping we do, though.
          i think harris is projected to go in rounds 3-5 right now, but he is on the rise...with all this linebacker talk i cant wait to see what gocong has to offer next year

Comment

I would like to see Patrik Willis, I don't know why but i am not to high on the eagles picking pozlunzy he'll be a good player just not in our defense, and how about qb day 1 any opinions not saying they should just putting it out there...

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

Couple things.

I don't want anyone like Trotter. I used to love him to death, but then he hasn't been that good this year. I want a 3 down LB that isn't the hugest liability in pass coverage.

Willis is my favorite pick if Landry is off the board.

I don't want a QB day 1. They don't need one. I know McNabb will be ready for TC, and he's going to be on the team for awhile longer. Day 2 QB though, definitely.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

I deffinetely agree that trotter is underperforming, not only can he not cover anyone, he doesn't get a lot of force going into the line of scrimage, and he is being a loud mouth. I deff. want willis

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

I was just going over our list of upcoming FAs and was wondering what your guys' thoughts were on them. I included my thoughts below.

Barber, Shawn LB UFA - Could be brought back as a backup again, hard to say.
                  Buckhalter, Correll RB UFA - Won't be brought back, he made an admirable effort but the Eagles will go in a different direction.
                  Garcia, Jeff QB UFA - Probably wont be back, Feeley will backup McNabb and we will draft a QB on Day 2 for 3rd string.
                  Hood, Roderick CB UFA - Very possible he won't return plenty of teams looking for CB help.
                  James, William CB UFA - Might be brought back but only for minimal money
                  Lewis, Michael S UFA - Won't be back, will sign long term elsewhere
                  Mahe, Reno RB UFA - Most likely will be here again
                  Mikell, Quintin S UFA - Should be brought back for his value on ST and as a reliable backup.
                  Short, Jason LB RFA - Will get minimum tender and come back for STs
                  Thomas, Juqua DE UFA - Probably wont be back
                  Thomas, William OT UFA - Won't be back, Eagles want to get younger on the line.

Sig by Kramer

Comment

I mostly agree with you on the FA's, they won't bring William "Ta" Thomas but i would like to see him back even though he's old

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

• I'd like to bring back Barber. He's a good nickel LB.

Hood's gone. He hasn't had a great year, but he could start for atleast 5 teams in the NFL. He'll probably get something like 5 years $25M.

I like Juqua. He's effective in a whole lot of places, DE, joker, rush backer. He's a great 4th DE, but I think someone will overpay for him.

Tra Thomas isn't a free agent. I have no idea why everyone is under the impression that he is every single offseason. It's annoying as hell. He's 31, OTs last long, even though he has injury concerns. Out of the tackles, Runyan is the problem, not Tra.

I dont really care about Buck, Garcia, James, Mahe, and Short. Mahe will probably be brought back because he's a good returner.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• I don't really want to draft a qb in the draft this year, I would like for Omar Jacobs to get his shot for 3rd backup.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06
                          I don't really want to draft a qb in the draft this year, I would like for Omar Jacobs to get his shot for 3rd backup.
                          same here...i want to give omar a shot

Comment

• Originally posted by Dillen
                            Tra Thomas isn't a free agent. I have no idea why everyone is under the impression that he is every single offseason. It's annoying as hell. He's 31, OTs last long, even though he has injury concerns. Out of the tackles, Runyan is the problem, not Tra.
                            Ooops, I don't know why I had him in there, I was going off of this list. I just checked the NFLPA site and it confirms he is signed through 2008. Is it possible he exercised some kind of option clause to get out of his contract similar to Dawkins' previous deal?

Sig by Kramer

Comment

• I think william thomas deserves some more love from us, he has been a great player forever and if anybody else notices he is the one yelling inside the huddle of the big circle around the eagle, i wouldn't mind omar jacobs getting a shot but there was a reason he was cut and a FA for so long

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

• Originally posted by jonbrodo17
                                I think william thomas deserves some more love from us, he has been a great player forever and if anybody else notices he is the one yelling inside the huddle of the big circle around the eagle, i wouldn't mind omar jacobs getting a shot but there was a reason he was cut and a FA for so long
                                Because he's young and raw, a huge project. That and the fact that the Steelers had no need for him. I was huge on Omar in college, he just made a huge mistake coming out early. He needs time to learn and develop, and he's the perfect QB of the future for us. It's really not THAT urgent.
                                Nick Foles are you really my daddy??!..?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information