Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Jon. There are still minicamps, training camp, and 16 regular season games just to get to the playoffs. I think the Eagles are one of the better teams in the NFC, but if McNabb doesn't come back or has a Culpepper-like collapse, it will hurt the team in a lot of ways.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• yea i know, just trying to be optimistic!

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

• Yea Jon, lets not get ahead of ourselves

Comment

• check out the bears forum, where they are saying they will get McNabb next year, i got my self in a whole lotta trouble....

I was just saying that this is a great window of oppertunity

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

• I really like the Ian Scott signing. I think we've improved the d-line immensely by getting rid of Walker and picking up Scott & Monte Reagor. Bunks should be ready to step it up this year and hopefully Kearse can stay healthy. I'm excited to see what kind of camp and preseason Victor Abiamiri has as well.

I definitely see us as a 10-11 win team this season. HOPES ARE RUNNIN' HIGH!

Originally posted by snuff
            Yeah, good joke. Awesome.

Comment

• the d-line is looking pretty good, the guy who will surprise every1 this year is LaJuan Ramsey, i really think he can fit in nice and play

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

• lets hope so, that is a lot of DT bunk, patt, Scott, Regor, Rayburn, Ramsey, unless reger since he is like a DE moves to the outside on like short yardage situation or run

Comment

• Originally posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
                  the d-line is looking pretty good, the guy who will surprise every1 this year is LaJuan Ramsey, i really think he can fit in nice and play
                  He does have a knack for making the interception ;). Lajuan Ramsey is a good guy and I hope he does well, he's an excellent rotational player.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                    I heard Jimmy boy say that Brown might loose his starting job, to James if he doesnt step it up in Camp. Only becuase Brown is not that confident on the outside like James. James can play the outside better, Brown is the best at playing inside, where he can dish out hard hits.

Also Jim said, it might be possiblity they didnt think of it yet which i doubt, but Brown could be moved to a Safety position after B.Dawk retires. Thats only if Gadis isnt ready, Brown does hit, ask Reggie bush. I think he would make a nice safety like Troy Vincent, only has to add some weight on
                    We are keeping Brown at cornerback, and there isn't a chance in hell that James is going to beat out Sheldon for the starting spot. James is a solid nickel guy, but he isn't even close to Sheldon's talent level. Sheldon had a down year, but when he's on he is great. Johnson is just spewing his usual BS around this time of year about how nothing is set in stone and there will be competition everywhere. There will be competition, but Sheldon will start.

Comment

• i think Sheldon will get the nod but i am not 100% sure, Johnson obviously thinks that James is healthy and is playing like when he was "Peterson" It should be a very interesting competition along with Trotter/Gaither

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

• Brown i think is a good corner but hes not that good playing on the outside, or playing the deep routes, he gets burned every now and then. He does have speed but he play more with technique, nothing wrong with taht but that doesnt work always against burner guys

Brown prob will win but he may get moved to play inside every now and then

Comment

• If Sheldon Brown were truly on thin ice then I believe that the Eagles would've assessed the CB position earlier than the 2nd day during draft weekend. Will James only has one year remaining on his contract. In fact, Joselio Hanson has one year remaining as well if I'm not mistaken. If the Eagles were planning to move Sheldon to FS, then that means we'd have Gaddis/Barksdale opposite Lito assuming we couldn't re-sign Will James or Hanson. We would've gone after someone like Chris Houston to groom him for a year, much like we did with both Lito and Sheldon when Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent were declining. We shouldn't be concerned too much on how Sheldon fell last year; rather, we should focus on how he picks himself up this year.

Comment

• This is a training camp competition. Reid generally throws out competitions in certain spots to get the established players to work harder to keep their jobs and to give hope to the underdogs. This year, he will be opening the competition at LG, MIKE, SAM, CB#2, and CB#3. That's a lot of battling, but it's good for the team. Good for depth, as well.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• LOL highlight of the year goes to Sheldon. That hit on bush made me do a two step. I wish Madden still had the big hits opening video. If Will James is all the way back, i have no problem with him starting. Brown is aggresive and loves the chance to blitz. I'm liking it.

Comment

• This is what being bored at work does to you. Enjoy

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...rsy/index.html

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information