This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    Ilaoa can probably be stashed on the practice squad if Buck shows enough burst. Don't forget that...
    Yeah i would be willing to bet money thats where he ends up. There may be a 10% chance he gets a touch this year. At best, and i like the guy

Comment

• I think we deal Moats, and keep Westbrook, Buck, Hunt, and Ilaoa. I do not think Ilaoa would last on practice squad, someone would want to give him a shot. Plenty of teams could use a good receiving back who is also a powerful runner. Teams like the Browns.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
        I think we deal Moats, and keep Westbrook, Buck, Hunt, and Ilaoa. I do not think Ilaoa would last on practice squad, someone would want to give him a shot. Plenty of teams could use a good receiving back who is also a powerful runner. Teams like the Browns.
        He is a 7th round pick that would have to learn a completely new system, the idea that he'll be able to pick up even the eagles system by the time training camp ends is foolish considering he came out of Haiwii. Honestly i had his name highlighted for someone who i would like the eagles to draft from the beginning and called my friends hyping the guy as soon as he was drafted, but lets be realistic hear. He is a practice squad player for the first year. Unless he is some sort of Special Teams dynamo.
        In the end i would like him to eventually learn how to play FB (although i dont know what the blocking posiblities are for someone his size. Making him a perfect west coast type player.

Comment

• I think Ilaoa will be on the practice squad. RB's in the NFL are a dime a dozen. Most teams carry 3-4 on their roster and another on their practice squad. I don't think any NFL team is going to use a waiver priority spot to pick up a 7th round draft pick with interesting, but not necessarily projectable, skills.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Cant you sign a player off of another teams practice squad? If so Ilaoa isnt safe there either. I think Buck is stiill the #2 back. remember when moats missed a pass block and they benched him forever. They dont like putting rookies in the backfield. Plus miss a block and Mcnabb goes down.

Comment

• You can sign a player off of someone else's practice squad, but it counts as a waiver claim. Teams don't just use waiver claims for nothing. It can mean big things at times. Ilaoa wouldn't be safe on the practice squad, but I think it's better than him on the active roster and not playing. He has to lose some weight and gain some muscle, and he might need to make a position switch, too. I'd rather not have him taking up a valuable spot. Practice squad is much better.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Couldn't we also IR Ilaoa like we did with Gocong last year, with his "stinger"? That is if it shows that he would be better served with a full year of conditioning /learning the system under his belt. But if he shows enough early, he may be better served to just stay on the practice squad.

Comment

• That is also a possibility. I see that happening to Kolb for sure.

Comment

That is also a possibility. I see that happening to Kolb for sure.
                    It will def be weird if Kolb goes down with some sorta injury. However, i think it might be more likley for the eagles to just cut Holcumb.

Comment

• Either Holcomb gets cut or Kolb gets put on the IR with some sort of weird injury. Either way, the team is not carrying 4 QB's on its roster.

Comment

Either Holcomb gets cut or Kolb gets put on the IR with some sort of weird injury. Either way, the team is not carrying 4 QB's on its roster.
                        Yeah, so do you think Bloom or Johnson will end up as the returner. (or other)

I am rooting for Bloom, it is always funner to have an unknown, also i like to be able to claim "That the eagles have the best downhill skiier in the league". Thats why i enjoy having Alfonseca on the Phillies so i can point out that they lead the league in both fingers and toes.

Comment

• I'm not sure who will be the returner. I figure both will get a fair shot. Bethel Johnson has more experience as a WR, but Bloom is more marketable to fans. I feel like both are fighting for roster spots. I cannot say who is the better option. I say wait for training camp and the preseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neo View Post
                            He is a 7th round pick that would have to learn a completely new system, the idea that he'll be able to pick up even the eagles system by the time training camp ends is foolish considering he came out of Haiwii. Honestly i had his name highlighted for someone who i would like the eagles to draft from the beginning and called my friends hyping the guy as soon as he was drafted, but lets be realistic hear. He is a practice squad player for the first year. Unless he is some sort of Special Teams dynamo.
                            In the end i would like him to eventually learn how to play FB (although i dont know what the blocking posiblities are for someone his size. Making him a perfect west coast type player.
                            Running back is one of the easiest positions on offense to learn. Running backs as a whole have the lowest intelligence level of any other position in the NFL. As long as Ilaoa isn't a complete moron, he could pick up a small role in an offense pretty quickly.

Comment

• that is true, rbs dont need much intelligence, its give them the ball you want to run to this whole if its not there makes some magic happen. Blocking can be taught or has to be taught what to do on wat plays.

But other than taht its heres the ball run be a player. Hell the linemen have to be smarter than the rb, and people dont give credit that linemen are smart.

Comment

• i love all this talk about Iloa, If he turns out to be something good he will be loved here. Right now i think he is a practice squad player but will get his chance to beat out Tapeh/Moats/BUckhalter/etc.

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information