Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am fine with having Jacobs on our roster on the practice squad. Send him to NFL Europe to get more experience and do some more scouting. Give him game reps for a few years. He might be better than other QB's that we could take. He has the size and skills to be a pretty good player in this league. I'm all for stockpiling young talent. Reid and his coaches have proven that they can develop hardworking young players into good NFL talent (McNabb, Westbrook, Corey Simon, Reggie Brown, LJ Smith, Trent Cole, Mike Patterson, Trotter, Lito, Sheldon, Andrews, Sam Rayburn, Derrick Burgess, Hank Fraley, Doug Breznezski, Jamaal Jackson, etc.). Reid is a QB guru, and he can make these guys better. I agree that Jacobs is a project, but he's a small investment that could pay large returns.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• I agree that William Thomas has been a great Eagle, and he deserves our respect. He has never been the best LT in the league, but he has been well above average, and has had pro bowl seasons. There have been few injuries, and he's been durable. Thomas has never held out on his contract, and he just comes to work and does his job. I don't recall many games where he was dominated. He is a great Eagle, and he is entitled to our respect.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Any realistic expectations for tonight's game?

Comment

• I expect an ugly game. I figure the Eagles will come out and use LJ Smith a lot to loosen up the inside of the field, then they'll try to run screens away from Peppers, that may or may not work. The key will be the Eagles stopping the run. If they can do that, then they have a chance to make the Panthers 1 dimensional and can double Smith. It's all about stopping the run, doubling Smith, and pressuring Delhomme. I think the offense can score 17-24 points. If the defense shows up, that point total could win it.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
            Any realistic expectations for tonight's game?
            The score will indicate a closer game then it really was. I say 28-20 Carolina. Foster and Williams wont have great days but will get the yards when needed.

Omar Gaither is starting at WLB today, not Matt McCoy, per CSN. I dont see this as a knock against McCoy, they know the season is over, they're trying to get the young players to test the waters early..

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358
              I expect an ugly game. I figure the Eagles will come out and use LJ Smith a lot to loosen up the inside of the field, then they'll try to run screens away from Peppers, that may or may not work. The key will be the Eagles stopping the run. If they can do that, then they have a chance to make the Panthers 1 dimensional and can double Smith. It's all about stopping the run, doubling Smith, and pressuring Delhomme. I think the offense can score 17-24 points. If the defense shows up, that point total could win it.
              I think Philly's biggest weapon is Westbook. If he get can past the DL he should be able to gain some decent yardage against their LBs. Those little outlet passes he gets will help him too... he wouldn't even have to face a lineman... just beat the OLB and he's in the secondary easily.

What's your scoring prediction on the game?

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358
                I expect an ugly game. I figure the Eagles will come out and use LJ Smith a lot to loosen up the inside of the field, then they'll try to run screens away from Peppers, that may or may not work. The key will be the Eagles stopping the run. If they can do that, then they have a chance to make the Panthers 1 dimensional and can double Smith. It's all about stopping the run, doubling Smith, and pressuring Delhomme. I think the offense can score 17-24 points. If the defense shows up, that point total could win it.
                I think Philly's biggest weapon is Westbook. If he get can past the DL he should be able to gain some decent yardage against their LBs. Those little outlet passes he gets will help him too... he wouldn't even have to face a lineman... just beat the OLB and he's in the secondary easily.

Lol, tisk tisk D-Unit, youre trying to get insider info so you know who to bet on, lol.

Comment

• D-Unit, let's just say I wouldn't put any money on this game because both teams are easily capable of crapping the bed. I can't even predict a score because both offenses are inconsistent at best. My recommendation is to not bet on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    Originally posted by D-Unit

Lol, tisk tisk D-Unit, youre trying to get insider info so you know who to bet on, lol.
                    That's no secret. I'm down BIG! Can't think on my own anymore.

What do you think BBD? I need your expertise kind sir.

Comment

• Walker will get less snaps and Bunkley will play a lot more. Finally.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• I'm telling you D, this is not a game to bet on. I'm a gambler, but I only take games where I think I can win. I'm not about to make a big money play on a game with few certainties.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358
                          I'm telling you D, this is not a game to bet on. I'm a gambler, but I only take games where I think I can win. I'm not about to make a big money play on a game with few certainties.
                          I'm not gonna bust the bank on this game, but I do want to catch up some.

High scoring or low scoring?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense

I agree with Bsaza, I don't know if you wanna touch this game. The Panthers are such an up and down team...which one shows up?

My brain tells me the Eagles cover. Theyre at home, they have a RB who can slice up Carolina, they have a defense that can pressure Dellhomme into stupid decisions, and they don't have to worry much about the run game. Also, they all of a sudden have playoff life, which will give them a spark.

But my heart says, whats the chances that the Panthers blow 2 games in a row? They had their letdown game last week, they should come out stronger this week, and John Fox always had Reid's number. They also have the secondary to take out Philly's WRs, and a front 4 that can pressure a backup qb into dumb decisions.

I hate to give you an answer, because if Im wrong i feel partially responsible for you losing out on some dough, but if you really want to know who Id go with, scroll down. If not, exit the page.

Carolina, they'll make less mistakes and win an ugly game. I can see a push though.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense

I agree with Bsaza, I don't know if you wanna touch this game. The Panthers are such an up and down team...which one shows up?

My brain tells me the Eagles cover. Theyre at home, they have a RB who can slice up Carolina, they have a defense that can pressure Dellhomme into stupid decisions, and they don't have to worry much about the run game. Also, they all of a sudden have playoff life, which will give them a spark.

But my heart says, whats the chances that the Panthers blow 2 games in a row? They had their letdown game last week, they should come out stronger this week, and John Fox always had Reid's number. They also have the secondary to take out Philly's WRs, and a front 4 that can pressure a backup qb into dumb decisions.

I hate to give you an answer, because if Im wrong i feel partially responsible for you losing out on some dough, but if you really want to know who Id go with, scroll down. If not, exit the page.

Carolina, they'll make less mistakes and win an ugly game. I can see a push though.
                              That was a good caution! Made me smile... I actually thought about not looking, but that only lasted .25 seconds long. haha.

I might go crazy on this one... Philly at the Half getting 2 points, Carolina game giving 3 and taking the Under 37. 3 bets.... nothing back breaking, but could help.

Comment

• Apparently, Bill Simmons, the Sports Guy, is taking the Panthers (-3) and the under (37) as a parlay. Not the worst move in the world, but I can't trust either team to be consistent enough to make this happen. If you're gonna bet this, at least take a parlay and a high risk/reward to compensate yourself. I'd consider putting $20 on that parlay if I wasn't an Eagles or Panthers fan...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information