X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there i had to mutalate it a little bit but its complete

Comment

My overview:
      Kevin Kolb- WTF??? Jesus this is the worst pick I've seen the Eagles make in a long time. Not only is it a reach, but it's not a position of need. We already have AJ Feeley and Kelly Holcomb on the roster. If we really wanted Kolb we probably could have gotten him with our last third round pick.

Victor Abiamiri- I really like this guy, but would have preferred Charles Johnson. Whatever, this is a really good pick, we needed a good, balanced DE, and I think we found one here.

Stewart Bradley- I love this guy, but the pick has many interesting implications. 1. What does this mean for Gocong? If we play Takeo at SAM and Bradley is naturally a SAM, then where does Gocong fit in? 2. Would we keep 3 SAM's? 3. Or, would Gocong switch back to DE, which poses a problem in itself since we just drafted Abiamiri, plus we have Cole, Kearse, Howard, Thomas, and McDougle. McDougle is gone tomorrow I expect. We now have two developmental prospects at SAM. Cool pick though, I like him a lot.

Tony Hunt- I like this pick, we needed a power running back because Bruce Perry can't hold onto his roster spot and just isn't big enough. Hunt is an excellent player and should add another dimension to the game every time he steps out onto the field.

What I would like to see tomorrow: Defense, defense, defense.
      We had plenty of opportunities to draft safeties, cornerbacks, and MLB's, which we didn't do today. We really need to take care of this tomorrow, and we need to make some noise and get in the 4th round. Our biggest needs are still unanswered after the first day of the draft.

So far I would give our draft a C-.

Comment

Hopefully the eagles can trade into the early forth and grab Tanard Jackson or if Tanard is gone Brandon Siler.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

Draftmaster G, I dunno if you're being sarcastic but If you are than you're taking it too far. If you're not then you're probobly one of those McNabb haters who thinks he sucks and if so then ur a Tard

Comment

If we were going to draft a QB we shoulda traded up to draft Quinn but w/e. It could become a great pick or it can be the next Jerome McDougle.

Alz, Abriami (i dunno how to spell) is a pretty good pick

I really wanted to draft Marcus McCauley, so i was upset, when i found out he was a 3rd rounder

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

Here is what I would grade our picks as:
              Kolb:C-. He is the perfect fit for our offense, he just needs to learn to take the smap under center. He has slightly above average arm strength and good accuracy. He is also able to scramble and make some plays with his legs. He has great intelligence, and is a team leader. The only problem I have with him is this is about a round or two too early to pick him, but apparently the Eagles thought someone valued him in the second, so they took the opportunity to get him.
              Abiamiri:A. This is my favorite pick so far. Abiamiri is a very intelligent football player and person with the intangibles that will make him a steal in this draft. He is stout at the point of attack, which is something we need out of our DEs, and our whole D-line really. He will improve our run defense a lot when he is playing. Victor is also capable of reaching the QB and getting sacks, which is something that there can never be a shortage of in this defense. He has the best overall abilities of any of the DEs that were taken in the second round, and will be a steal and an eventual starter for us. He may need to bulk up a little bit, but so does most of the DEs in this year's class.
              Bradley:B+. This is another potential steal for the Eagles. Although this probably means that Gocong will not be playing much LB, it is a great pick nonetheless. Bradley was expected to go much higher, adn the Eagles got great value out of picking him. He has the best size of any LB going into this draft, and will be a perfect SAM for the Eagles. Depending upon his performance leading up to the season, he may start at SAM, with Trotter at MIKE, and Spikes at WILL. Bradley is great against the run, and solid against the pass. He has good enough coverage skills for a LB in our scheme, and can make plays on the ball, though he is not known for interceptions. He may switch to MIKE for the Eagles when Trotter retires, but that remains to be seen.
              Hunt:A-. Well, we finally got the big back that everyone has been craving. Although he is not spectacular, he is a solid RB. I think if he would have been drafted by the Bills or Packers, he would be a surprise starter who would possibly have over 1000 yards his rookie season. He is just a consistent all-around back. He runs well, has good vision, catches well, and blocks very well. The only problem is he isn't very elusive. But we don't need an elusive RB when we have Westbrook. Hunt will be our short-yardage back who can grind our the clock and help us win. You know the saying, "If your team can run the ball and stop the run, it is looking pretty solid." (It goes something like that.) The Eagles addressed both of those spots with Bradley and Hunt.
              Overall, this draft gets a B for me. It may seem a bit high for most of you, but we'll see how it pans out.
              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

If we can somehow get Tenard Jackson out of this day IMO it will be a good draft. And we didn't really need a top talent this year with last year we got 2 top 10 talents, so I like what we did so far but it's not THAT good.

Comment

at 1st i hated Kolb, but it has grown on me that this guy is a great fit, what i like most is that we wont be scrambling to get a QB when donovan retires, I think that he can become a pretty good player. I love the Ambriani (i cant spell) and i wanted McCauley over Bradley but u can never get enuff line backers. I also obviously like hunt

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

I really like Gaddis, I had him going to us in the 3rd in several mocks. Not sure Celek was better value than Ben Patrick there, that is an eyebrow raiser. I would have liked Wendling there too.

Comment

I'm still not happy about about the Kolb pick but so far I believe that they've really picked some players that can really contribute. I like Bradley and Hunt because we now have a definite SLB and a bruising RB that will play. I like Gaddis too because I think he'll come in and compete for the nickelback. Not too sure about Celek because Ben Patrick was still there but I dont know anything about Celek so whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                        Here is what I would grade our picks as:
                        Kolb:C-. He is the perfect fit for our offense, he just needs to learn to take the smap under center. He has slightly above average arm strength and good accuracy. He is also able to scramble and make some plays with his legs. He has great intelligence, and is a team leader. The only problem I have with him is this is about a round or two too early to pick him, but apparently the Eagles thought someone valued him in the second, so they took the opportunity to get him.
                        Abiamiri:A. This is my favorite pick so far. Abiamiri is a very intelligent football player and person with the intangibles that will make him a steal in this draft. He is stout at the point of attack, which is something we need out of our DEs, and our whole D-line really. He will improve our run defense a lot when he is playing. Victor is also capable of reaching the QB and getting sacks, which is something that there can never be a shortage of in this defense. He has the best overall abilities of any of the DEs that were taken in the second round, and will be a steal and an eventual starter for us. He may need to bulk up a little bit, but so does most of the DEs in this year's class.
                        Bradley:B+. This is another potential steal for the Eagles. Although this probably means that Gocong will not be playing much LB, it is a great pick nonetheless. Bradley was expected to go much higher, adn the Eagles got great value out of picking him. He has the best size of any LB going into this draft, and will be a perfect SAM for the Eagles. Depending upon his performance leading up to the season, he may start at SAM, with Trotter at MIKE, and Spikes at WILL. Bradley is great against the run, and solid against the pass. He has good enough coverage skills for a LB in our scheme, and can make plays on the ball, though he is not known for interceptions. He may switch to MIKE for the Eagles when Trotter retires, but that remains to be seen.
                        Hunt:A-. Well, we finally got the big back that everyone has been craving. Although he is not spectacular, he is a solid RB. I think if he would have been drafted by the Bills or Packers, he would be a surprise starter who would possibly have over 1000 yards his rookie season. He is just a consistent all-around back. He runs well, has good vision, catches well, and blocks very well. The only problem is he isn't very elusive. But we don't need an elusive RB when we have Westbrook. Hunt will be our short-yardage back who can grind our the clock and help us win. You know the saying, "If your team can run the ball and stop the run, it is looking pretty solid." (It goes something like that.) The Eagles addressed both of those spots with Bradley and Hunt.
                        Overall, this draft gets a B for me. It may seem a bit high for most of you, but we'll see how it pans out.
                        A C- for the Kolb pick? I agree I do like him as a player but that pick was a horrible reach. The 4th round is where he should have been picked. He would have been available to us later. We passed on such great players who could have contributed immediately. That pick brings our whole draft down, and compared to what we did last year a B seems ridiculously optimistic.

Comment

Don't know too much about Barksdale.

Comment

Siler's still available...we shall see...

Comment

Interesting, Illoa with our last pick. So Hunt AND Illoa now? Sounds like a greater commitment to the running game, finally giving Westbrook some help in the backfield...

Comment

YEs Ilaoa I called that shiz at the begeninig of the year yes, He can catch block as FB, and run for those 2-3 yard up the tackle we need, anyone see us going back to the three headed RB

YO I think we should have picked Waters instead of Bradley, How about that S from Clemens

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information