Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Eagles Draft Day Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
    at 1st i hated Kolb, but it has grown on me that this guy is a great fit,
    same here i hated it at first but i went and watched some highlights and watched his press confrence he grew on me how ever i still think we could have done better.

    Comment


    • #62
      I'm gonna have to admit, I was furious with the Eagles selection of Kevin Kolb. I also happened to be drinking all day so by the time the Eagles picked, I was a little buzzed. Anyways, I found myself defending him today to my friends and family. Here I go running my mouth all upset, and now I'm not as bitter. The guy is our future, plain and simple. I'll take it. As far as Abiamiri goes, that's a fantastic pick. I've watched all of Abiamiri's games and he's an all around great DE. The scary thing is that he's only going to get better. I love the addition. Bradley and Hunt are excellent picks as well. Now that the Eagles draft is over, I'm very pleased with what they got. They could've stepped onto the field with no draft picks and still been a Super Bowl contender this year. I'm a bit upset that they didn't address a run stuffing DT, like Echols from Kansas St. or Walter Thomas. I'll just hold out hope that they address that immediately following the draft.

      Comment


      • #63
        I LOVE the Iloa pick, i wanted him so bad. We shoulda drafted Ben Patrick but i guess they know wat they were doing drafting the other guy


        sig by Jackalope

        RIP VT Students 4/16/07

        Vote McCain '08

        Comment


        • #64
          Great last pick, it should be very interesting to see how they use both Hunt and Iloa. I do hope both get alot of touches.

          Comment


          • #65
            Aside from the Kolb pick, I think this was a very solid draft.

            Comment


            • #66
              This is how I would like to see us utilize our running backs.

              Westbrook - 15-20 carries a game (Mainly long yardage)
              Hunt - 5-10 carries a game (mix of long and short yardage)
              Iloa - 2-3 carries a game (Mainly short yardage)

              This is assuming Iloa makes the team over Buchalter/Moats

              Comment


              • #67
                Iloa has to be used in screen plays, that is the only reason he was solid in Hawaii. Actually we should use all the RB's on screen plays, Westbrook obviously can, Hunt can and Iloa can very well. It could be very good, using a fake screen here, then a real screen here. And defenses would always be looking for it, opening up LJ Smith and the WR's.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                  YEs Ilaoa I called that shiz at the begeninig of the year yes, He can catch block as FB, and run for those 2-3 yard up the tackle we need, anyone see us going back to the three headed RB

                  YO I think we should have picked Waters instead of Bradley, How about that S from Clemens
                  Well, I actually agree with you. I would prefer Waters because we need a MLB of the future, and I want Spikes to play SAM. If Spikes plays SAM then we will have him Gocong, Dhani, and Bradley who are all able to play the position. I guess that means Gaither is our MLB of the future and we aren't going to leave him at WLB, but instead play Takeo there. Picking Ilaoa once we already had Tony Hunt doesn't make much sense, but he was great value where we got him. I still can't believe that we didn't pick John Wendling, he was available until the 6th round and would have been an excellent SS for us. Unbelievable that we didn't take care of that problem.

                  We now have a very crowded backfield. We also have some players we should have dealt for picks but did not. Dhani Jones and Jerome McDougle. McDougle looks like a cut now if we don't get anything for him.

                  I do like that we got Abiamiri out of this draft, him and Hunt are the two picks that are pretty sensible.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    *noob alert siren wails*

                    I'd give the draft a B. I look at it this way, if the order of selections was

                    Abiamiri
                    Bradley
                    Kolb
                    Hunt

                    would anyone really be batting an eye at it? You may say it was a little early on Abiamiri or Bradley, but no one would be having a kiniption fit. And according to Spadaro (yes, I know you have to take him with a grain of salt but he would have as much inside info as anyone in regards to what the FO was thinking) Kolb was at the worst going to Jacksonville before the #57 pick so they had to make the move.

                    They filled their main needs by getting a S (Gaddis), a TE, a legit SAM in case the Gocong experiment doesn't work and can allow Spikes to move to WILL, another back to add to Westbrook and Bucky (Moats is toast), a QB with a nice looking girlfriend (if we traded for Tom Brady nobody could touch our hot QB girlfriend quotient) and a depth CB to groom this season behind Will James who is a more than capable nickel for a season. I am not going to really judge the players they filled the needs with because I am sure they have done a teeny tiny bit more scouting of these guys than I have. They addressed their needs which is all I can really ask. Sure I have favorite players, but I won't condemn them for not grabbing one.

                    As for Mort calling them losers for trading with the Cowboys?!? Oh no, the Cowboys moved up and took Anthony Spencer, how will the Eagles ever recover. If they traded them a stud top 10 pick is one thing, but we are talking about the no 26 pick which Dallas overpaid to get. If he was a world beater the Eagles would be foolish to trade out of he would have been taken before 26. It will be interesting to see a few years down the line to see how the Anthony Spencer for Kevin Kolb-Stewart Bradley-CJ Gaddis deal works out.

                    The only thing I hate about this draft is that I love McNabb, but now I am anxious to see Kolb play to see what we've got.
                    Last edited by the pj; 04-29-2007, 07:21 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
                      Iloa has to be used in screen plays, that is the only reason he was solid in Hawaii. Actually we should use all the RB's on screen plays, Westbrook obviously can, Hunt can and Iloa can very well. It could be very good, using a fake screen here, then a real screen here. And defenses would always be looking for it, opening up LJ Smith and the WR's.
                      The Eagles are a very good screen team, it's not a coincidence that we take RB's who are very capable on screens.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I actually really like the Barksdale pick, I see some potential in him with some good coaching. I don't really know about Iloa..he probobly wont even make the team. Then that Brent Celek pick pissed me off. Patrick was there and we took a guy who's not even ranked in the top 22 TE's on this website. I checked him out and he's just like an average white TE..really doesnt excite me. Finally, I have mixed opinions on C.J. Gaddis. He could have potential but I have visions of him turning out like a Matt Ware type. Overall, I'm not very happy with this draft.
                        High Points- Tony Hunt, Abiamiri
                        Low Points- Kolb WAY too early, Celek over Patrick,
                        I'm fine with Kolb and all and I'm not trying to fight against anyone who thinks he'll be good but we could've gotten him in like the 3rd Round. Right now we could probobly have Jarrett, Abiamiri, and Kolb..a lot more exciting if u ask me

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Hopefully we can pick up, Earl Everett and Rhema McKnight. Those two could have gone in round 3.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by the pj View Post
                            *noob alert siren wails*

                            I'd give the draft a B. I look at it this way, if the order of selections was

                            Abiamiri
                            Bradley
                            Kolb
                            Hunt

                            would anyone really be batting an eye at it? You may say it was a little early on Abiamiri or Bradley, but no one would be having a kiniption fit. And according to Spadaro (yes, I know you have to take him with a grain of salt but he would have as much inside info as anyone in regards to what the FO was thinking) Kolb was at the worst going to Jacksonville before the #57 pick so they had to make the move.

                            They filled their main needs by getting a S (Gaddis), a TE, a legit SAM in case the Gocong experiment doesn't work and can allow Spikes to move to WILL, another back to add to Westbrook and Bucky (Moats is toast), a QB with a nice looking girlfriend (if we traded for Tom Brady nobody could touch our hot QB girlfriend quotient) and a depth CB to groom this season behind Will James who is a more than capable nickel for a season. I am not going to really judge the players they filled the needs with because I am sure they have done a teeny tiny bit more scouting of these guys than I have. They addressed their needs which is all I can really ask. Sure I have favorite players, but I won't condemn them for not grabbing one.

                            As for Mort calling them losers for trading with the Cowboys?!? Oh no, the Cowboys moved up and took Anthony Spencer, how will the Eagles ever recover. If they traded them a stud top 10 pick is one thing, but we are talking about the no 26 pick which Dallas overpaid to get. If he was a world beater the Eagles would be foolish to trade out of he would have been taken before 26. It will be interesting to see a few years down the line to see how the Anthony Spencer for Kevin Kolb-Stewart Bradley-CJ Gaddis deal works out.

                            The only thing I hate about this draft is that I love McNabb, but now I am anxious to see Kolb play to see what we've got.
                            We did need a safety but we needed a SS. Now we have 3 FS's, and one (Considine) is still starting at SS even though we had plenty of chances to get Wendling. Wendling would be good to compete with Considine for the SS position.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
                              Hopefully we can pick up, Earl Everett and Rhema McKnight. Those two could have gone in round 3.
                              I like Everett a lot, but we have a ton of LB's right now. I'm all for bringing him in though but it seems kind of unlikely to me right now unless we deal some of our other linebackers for something.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                I have a feeling one of the RBs (Hutn and Ilaoa) will end up at FB. Both have the size to do it, and both have good hands, but Hunt is the better blocker, so we may be looking at Hunt as our new FB, and Ilaoa as our big RB. I'm upset we didn't get Ben Patrick, he could have gone in the second or third round. We'll find out what happens with him. I think he will be one of the bigger steals out of this draft. I like the Gaddis pick, and the Barksdale pick makes sense. He has the capability to play Nickel for us in the future.
                                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                                Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information