Meriweather vs. Griffin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meriweather vs. Griffin

Who would you rather have for the Eagles, Brandon Meriweather or Michael Griffin. Personally, I highly dislike Griffin but many people think he's more talented than Meriweather.

I think both would fill a need, but they're not the only 2 prospects the Eagles are considering. There will be opportunities for them to move up and move down to get the player they really want. They haven't said anything about wanting a specific player, so it could be anyone at this point. I would like to see a defensive pick.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I would pick Griffin, but this belongs in the Safeties thread.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I would love either.

Comment

Either is fine, but if you had to pick one, which would you pick?

Comment

I think Merriweather is more talented by a bit, but Griffin fills a need for us, and is a good guy as well as a good player.

Comment

i personally would rather have meriweather, but both woud be good

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

Whay has Meriweather beccome the "hot pick"? Griffin played at N equally good school, if not better, won a national championship, and has zero off-field issues.

Plus, he can play SS or FS. Griffin is like a B-Dawk clone. Dawk had the same knocks on his coverage skills coming out of college, but he turned out great.

I have the same feeling about Griffin. The kid is just a football player, whilw I feel like Meriweather will be out one day "makin' it rain" somewhere in Philly.

Comment

the reason i like meriweather is because he can step in and play a little corner and i heard hes pretty goo din he run
                  Last edited by jonbrodo17; 04-28-2007, 07:56 AM. Reason: typo

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

His versatility is one of the positives about him, but he has other negatives that make me want Griffin more.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Kool Aid View Post
                      Whay has Meriweather beccome the "hot pick"? Griffin played at N equally good school, if not better, won a national championship, and has zero off-field issues.

Plus, he can play SS or FS. Griffin is like a B-Dawk clone. Dawk had the same knocks on his coverage skills coming out of college, but he turned out great.

I have the same feeling about Griffin. The kid is just a football player, whilw I feel like Meriweather will be out one day "makin' it rain" somewhere in Philly.
                      I don't think Meriweather would "make it rain". His issues aren't as bad as many seem to think, but they are a concern. I Agree with everything else you said though.

Comment

My mind says Griffin, but my heart says Meriweather.

Comment

He was involved in a shoot-out, and stomped on an opposing player's head.

Comment

Also, if you want to stop the run, then Griffin is your man. Just look at his tackle numbers.

Besides, this is news that Meriweather is good against the run. Maybe it's true. Maybe he is a short, Bob Sanders-type, but little guys like that are rare. Plus, just take a look at how often Bob Sanders is injured, being a smallish safety who stops the run.

Just thought it was a comparison worth making, especially since the Eagles were beat in the Super Bowl , and against the Saints, with the run. Meriweather probably couuldn't hold up as a SS, which is our bigger need over FS, where we have both Dawk and Considine.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Kool Aid View Post
                              He was involved in a shoot-out, and stomped on an opposing player's head.
                              From what I read, this "shootout" occured when somebody broke into his house and shot Willie Cooper, then Meriweather pulled out his handgun, which he has a permit to carry, and shot back at the guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information