Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillies signed So Taguchi to a small, 1-year deal. Good defensive player, and I guess a decent bat off the bench. I think for that price, he's a good gamble.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• I like the Taguchi signing, I hope they consider Livan Hernandez who will eat up 200+ innings in the back of the rotation

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

• I am a fan of the Taguchi signing, as they had to have inked someone following the Rowand departure. I guess this is what we are looking at next year:

SP:

Cole Hamels
        Brett Myers
        Jamie Moyer
        Kyle Kendrick
        Adam Eaton

RP:

J.D. Durbin
        Travis Blackley
        Mike Zagurski
        J.C. Romero
        Ryan Madson
        Tom Gordon
        Brad Lidge

C:

Carlos Ruiz
        Chris Coste

1B:

Ryan Howard

2B:

Chase Utley

SS:

Jimmy Rollins

3B:

Greg Dobbs
        Wes Helms
        Eric Bruntlett (can play 2B and SS)

OF:

Jayson Werth
        Shane Victorino
        Pat Burrell
        So Taguchi
        Chris Snelling?
        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• That looks about right, but I think Jason Jamarillo is going to be the backup catcher.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• I know there was another pitcher the Phils signed recently, but I can't remember his name. I think him and Eaton will batlle for the last starters spot. Can anyone help me remember his name?
            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• you are thinking of Chad Durbin. he played in detroit last year and he could be a bullpen guy or our 5th starter

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

• I would prefer if Durbin was not our 5th starter. Middle relief seems to suit him better. By year's end, I would expect Josh Outman and/or Carlos Carrasco to be in the majors and pitching for the Phils.

Comment

• Thanks, it was killing me that I could not remember his name, and I agree that one of those two will see some pitches in the majors by season's end.

Comment

• I think Outman will be moved up faster because Carrasco is less MLB ready, and he also has higher upside. No need to push him and ruin him.

Comment

• I can't find an exact quote but I am prettty sure Pat Gillick said that Carrasco and Outman won't be ready until 2009, now maybe he will try to bring one up, probably Outman

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

• Gillick really isn't in charge of that stuff. Arbuckle really does the internal scouting and prepares reports for Gillick. Of course, Pat makes the final call. I think Outman will be ready a la Kendrick. Carrasco will be brought along slower, which is probably wise at this juncture.

Comment

• If either of them can have a Kendrick-esque rookie season, it would be great, because the future would look very bright for starting pitching for the Phillies.

Comment

• forgot about Durbin already! Put him in for Blackley then.

Anyway, unless major injuries and plenty of them occur, I don't see Carrasco making the Bigs next season. He has so much to work on right now including control and he doesn't hide his pitches very well yet (slows his arm down when throwing, tips pitches) as well as consistency. He's young and he may have been rushed a bit to AA though it makes sense as he did dominate A-Ball.

Outman on the other hand, has similar issues to Carrasco though he's a bit more mature. He just needs to work on control a bit more, then he will be ready for a ML career.

Believe it or not, if Andrew Carpenter does really well for the first half of the 2008 AA season; I would bet he goes to the Bigs before either of the two top prospects. He is Kendrick-like as he doesn't really have overpowering stuff but the control to be a starter.

I would guess, that the order of succession for injured starters would be:

Chad Durbin
                            J.D. Durbin
                            J.A. Happ
                            Travis Blackley
                            Josh Outman
                            Carlos Carrasco
                            Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• hopefully if it got that bad. they would make a similar kyle loshe swap

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

• It wouyld take some kind of bad luck for it to get that bad for the Phils. The furthest I see it going down to at any one time would be Happ or Blackley. On another note Roberson was traded to the Orioles for cash considerations...thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information