Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree 100%. With Myers' momentum, you can't take him out of the bullpen. The team is winning, and the rotation is holding up better than expected without Myers. Stick with what works. A playoff bullpen rotation of Alfonseca/Geary/Madsen, getting to Gordon in the 8th, then Myers works fine for me.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I hear ya Ruiz with the walk off. It was sweet Larry Anderson on the radio said Ruiz is gonna end this game right now, and he hit a walkoff.
      Originally posted by nvot9
      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
      Indianapolis Colts 13-3
      Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I need to remind myself to get on the streaming internet radio broadcasts when I'm home and the Phils are playing. I miss the announcing. Stupid Nats & O's...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I thank you all for the info. I am a big Phils fan and am going to see my first game on the 28th against the D-backs. I am going down with a couple of buddies and we want to know some of the best places to eat in the city and in the ball park. I will take note of the Schmidters and the BBQ. I can't wait. We were thinking about Chickies and Pete's and this one other place, but I can't remember it, but what would some of the others guys from Philly can tell me. By then Howard should be off of the DL and healthy. But the only thing I am worried about is when he comes back, the line-up will be changed, and it seems to be working very well now. The Phils have come up with some clutch hitting lately, and I am hoping that we will see some more of that on the 28th. It is my first game in Philly, or in any city for that matter, so I don't know what to expect. I do know it will be tons of fun though.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

yea, the ballpark atmosphere is great.

Chickies and Petes is very good and sometimes players go there after the games (once saw Geoff Geary)

I only hope that howard comes back healthy

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

Yes, having Howard back (and hopefully healthy this time) will be a great thing for them. They are surging right now but I have to admit that Greg Dobbs looks to be an excellent situational player at the least.

The bullpen, with two inexperienced (three if you count Myers) players is looking to be pretty improved. I think that if Cole and Moyer can keep up their level of play, it will hopefully catch on to everyone else (i.e. keep it up Eaton).

I can't wait to see what happens this year again!
              Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                Yes, having Howard back (and hopefully healthy this time) will be a great thing for them. They are surging right now but I have to admit that Greg Dobbs looks to be an excellent situational player at the least.

The bullpen, with two inexperienced (three if you count Myers) players is looking to be pretty improved. I think that if Cole and Moyer can keep up their level of play, it will hopefully catch on to everyone else (i.e. keep it up Eaton).

I can't wait to see what happens this year again!
                This bullpen will be nasty if we can get Gordon back healthy as our 8th inning releiver. As long as he is able to keep his level of play high enough, we could have one good bullpen. In the 6th/7th, we could have Geary/Alfonseca/etc, and in the eighth have Flash and Myers could come in and close. I am a fan of Geary, and think he helps out our whole bullpen.

Comment

Phils going for the 4 game sweep and 1 game over .500 today. 1-1 in the second inning. Traded HR's. Looks like Burrell went deep to CF. That's like him hitting to RF...

Comment

Any other places to eat that you guys would recommend? Any places to play some pool or any types of games?

Comment

Shawn Marcum is a beast again. At one point he had 10 innings of no hitter, in a row, dating back to his last 6 IP no hit start.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                        Any other places to eat that you guys would recommend? Any places to play some pool or any types of games?
                        Explore the ballpark to be honest with you. CBP is an amazing place to be if you are a Phillies fan; it's almost like an amusement park, there is so much to do!

I went there for college night (my sister's boyfriend got the tix) and we sat in the crowded 300 section. It was when Gordon blew the save against the Marlins and Bourn got the winning run in the bottom of the 9th. The place was electric.

I recommend starting off with a ballpark hot dog which is pretty much the required thing to do at a ballpark. I recommend Harry the Ks but one thing you have to do is a game. I liked going down Ashburn Alley and went to the place where you throw and see how fast you can go.

-------

Anyway, Adam Eaton has been very solid in back-to-back starts (if this holds up). I was almost on the "Bring Up JA Happ" bandwagon but Eaton is showing the tools that made him such a good prospect in 1996. He's also a pretty good athlete at the plate though that's not really important.
                        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Looks like the Phils won a very nice series this weekend. I hope they can continue this momentum and get things moving to take back some games from the Braves and Mets ASAP. The team has finished strong the last 2 seasons, but it was always too little, too late. They have to be in striking distance come June to make their move.

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                            Explore the ballpark to be honest with you. CBP is an amazing place to be if you are a Phillies fan; it's almost like an amusement park, there is so much to do!

I went there for college night (my sister's boyfriend got the tix) and we sat in the crowded 300 section. It was when Gordon blew the save against the Marlins and Bourn got the winning run in the bottom of the 9th. The place was electric.

I recommend starting off with a ballpark hot dog which is pretty much the required thing to do at a ballpark. I recommend Harry the Ks but one thing you have to do is a game. I liked going down Ashburn Alley and went to the place where you throw and see how fast you can go.
                            I'll keep that in mind, and we picked a good night if we want hot dogs. We're going on Monday, and it is dollar dog night.

Comment

I'll be at Dolphins Stadium thursday night for Phillies/Marlins game. I should have some sort of live report up on my blog.

Originally posted by snuff
                              Yeah, good joke. Awesome.

Comment

Sunofamuthaferickin#@%&&!!!!

Originally posted by snuff
                                Yeah, good joke. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information