Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like the Phils are rebounding well. Won a series against a talented Cubs team. Decent hitting.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      Kendrick isn't the key to this season. I don't expect him to be a starter on this team after 2009. Between Outman, Carrasco, and Savery and assuming that Myers and Hamels remain long term, plus Andrew Carpenter and Drabek. To me, that screams Kendrick as a #5 down the road at best.
      I agree with you on Kendrick there, but that would take a lot of help to get all or even most of those guys up the the bigs by 2009.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Carrasco and Outman are possible callups this season. Carpenter is dealing well. Savery has a quick road if he picks it up as well. Trust me, Kendrick will not be a significant contributor for the Phils after 2010.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Will he be moved to the Bullpen, released, traded?

Comment

• Traded, released, let go in FA. Something like that. He doesn't have the stuff or the guile to really get people out consistently. His command just isn't good enough. Chances are, he will end up bouncing around the MLB like a Carlos Silva. He'll make a good living as a #4 or #5 SP.

Comment

• If he "overacheives" this year, do the Phils take advantage of this and try to trade him if a team is willing to give up good value, because they know who is filling in eventually?

Comment

• Carrasco and Golson are both hot to start off the year for Reading. Carrasco had 7 Ks in 6 IP yesterday and Golson is hitting over .300 with 7 SBs. The more I see of Golson, the more I understand why the Phils let Bourn go. They are basically the same player but I think Golson has a slightly better bat
                Wish List at 19:

1. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
                2. Chris Williams
                3. Kenny Phillips
                4. Devin Thomas

Comment

• Golson's upside is unreal. He is possibly faster than Bourn (80 out of 80 on the scouting speed scale), and he has a legit power arm. He has great tools and was a top pick for a reason. He can drive the ball and could hit for power. I also read this offseason that Golson could walk in right now and play gold glove-caliber CF in the majors. His problem is pitch recognition and controlling the strike zone. It is possible that he has come around on that stuff, making him a legit option in 2009 or 2010.

Comment

Golson's upside is unreal. He is possibly faster than Bourn (80 out of 80 on the scouting speed scale), and he has a legit power arm. He has great tools and was a top pick for a reason. He can drive the ball and could hit for power. I also read this offseason that Golson could walk in right now and play gold glove-caliber CF in the majors. His problem is pitch recognition and controlling the strike zone. It is possible that he has come around on that stuff, making him a legit option in 2009 or 2010.
                    Sounds like Carlos Gomez.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by DowntownReggieBrown View Post
                      Carrasco and Golson are both hot to start off the year for Reading. Carrasco had 7 Ks in 6 IP yesterday and Golson is hitting over .300 with 7 SBs. The more I see of Golson, the more I understand why the Phils let Bourn go. They are basically the same player but I think Golson has a slightly better bat
                      Hopefully some of the better guys will move up to AAA so my Iron Pigs will win a game this year...

Comment

• I see no need to rush these guys. When Golston is ready, he will get the call to AAA.

Comment

• It was more of a joke to make fun of the Iron Pigs' 0-11 start, not to say they should come up.

Comment

• Gotcha. I'm not worried about AAA records. I care about player development. This group of prospects has pretty much won at every level, advancing as a group from Low-A to AA. That is good for replacing older players in the majors. Just get a big group together, move them through, and get it done.

Comment

Gotcha. I'm not worried about AAA records. I care about player development. This group of prospects has pretty much won at every level, advancing as a group from Low-A to AA. That is good for replacing older players in the majors. Just get a big group together, move them through, and get it done.
                              I wasn't trying to make the record a big deal, I just wanted to show my slight disgust over what is supposed to be a great year for my area. I agree with all of what you say here.

Another solid win last night, and, coincidentally, a AAA callup had a big factor.

Comment

• If we can keep our offense in tact for the next five years and more, and the pitching prospects develop as hoped, we could have a monster of a team in the future, both in offense, defense, and all aspects of pitching.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information