• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg Effing Dobbs
    Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

I was really really upset there. Glad the Phils came back to win, but I was homicidal for a half an inning.

Originally posted by snuff
      Yeah, good joke. Awesome.

Comment

Anyone local in Philly have any information about Myers' injury? I couldn't watch the game last night, and the ESPN Bottom Line said he left in the 9th.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Strained right shoulder was the initial prognosis, he's getting/got an MRI today, should hear exactly what happened tomorrow. Hopefully it's only a strain, Myers said he didn't feel anything tear, it just felt "weird."

Comment

They'll probably put Myers on the DL just in case. He needs to strengthen the shoulder regardless, and he has to get his pitching motion back. I'd rather shelve him for 15 days and have him healthy.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Yeah. I did see when he actually hurt himself last night on the news, they replayed it(not sure if they showed it on ESPN or not), and it looked pretty painful for him. But like you said, and they said he most likely will go on the DL anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                They'll probably put Myers on the DL just in case. He needs to strengthen the shoulder regardless, and he has to get his pitching motion back. I'd rather shelve him for 15 days and have him healthy.
                i agree completely. the only problem i have is...whos our closer then? alfonseca? madson? geary? i dont really trust any of them. i would much rather go for a closer-by-committee for a couple weeks than be without gordon and myers for a long period of time.

on a side note, barajas needs to go...NOW. he blew two games in a row with HORRIBLE defensive plays at the plate. i dont know if he is considered an offensive or defensive minded player but he hasnt been effective at either this year. i really didnt like this signing when it happened and i like it even less right now. i just see no reason to keep this guy on as ruiz has proven to be better than him at the plate and in the field and at this point id rather keep coste on the active roster because we already know what he can do off the bench with limited playing time. it seems like the only time barajas does anything half-decent is when he can start a couple days in a row. a decision will have to be made soon as howard is set to be activated shortly and i would much rather see us designate barajas for assignment than option coste back down. maybe we can even get lucky and someone will take barajas' contract (maybe even get a prospect?) and we wont even have to pay him.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Many of the baseball analysts out there are saying that until Gordon and Myers get back, Alfonseca, Madsen, and Geary are going to split closing duties. It's going to be quite the trainwreck, I think. Guess we can kiss the playoffs goodbye unless we score 9 runs a game.

Comment

No one is going to take Rod Barajas give the Phillies even a mediocre backstop in return. Barajas has had a good career by being a marginal hitter and exceptional defender but he has really proven none of that so far in his Phillies tenure. Coste hasn't really proved much outside of last year, so we will have to see if pitchers catch up to him with another season but I'd much rather have him up than Barajas.

But I think the Phillies are just waiting until Jason Jaramillo is ready, he has little bat but he's a great defender. People compare him to a poor man's Jayson Varitek for what it's worth.
                    Is that a rash?

Comment

they could still bring up Chris Coste who was pretty good last year

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

Coste is a solid contact hitter, but I am weary to see if he was a flash in the pan or not. He did have a good game in his lone start of the year, but apparently the investment in BarajASS is too much.
                        Is that a rash?

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                          Coste is a solid contact hitter, but I am weary to see if he was a flash in the pan or not. He did have a good game in his lone start of the year, but apparently the investment in BarajASS is too much.
                          I must say his signing was a head scratcher, as I liked Coste and Ruiz a lot. But what I have heard is Barajas is one who can handle pitchers and batters really well, and he has tons of experience, so that may be a reason the Phils signed him. Its not like we payed him big money either, but I still wish we would have kept Coste in the majors, he was a favorite of mine last year.
                          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                            No one is going to take Rod Barajas give the Phillies even a mediocre backstop in return. Barajas has had a good career by being a marginal hitter and exceptional defender but he has really proven none of that so far in his Phillies tenure. Coste hasn't really proved much outside of last year, so we will have to see if pitchers catch up to him with another season but I'd much rather have him up than Barajas.

But I think the Phillies are just waiting until Jason Jaramillo is ready, he has little bat but he's a great defender. People compare him to a poor man's Jayson Varitek for what it's worth.
                            I like what we have gotten out of Ruiz, and think that Jaramillo has the capability to be a good catcher for the Phils. Anyone know how long the contract for Barajas was? If it was short, it would make a little more sense that a long one, considering what we have at catcher throughout the organization.

Comment

SWEEP! We are gaining ground on the Braves, now only if the Mets could lose a few and the Phils keep up this pace. It seems as if Howard is back and most importantly, healthy. Two dingers really makes me happy. The whole lineup did well today. Lets just hope they save some runs for tomorrow, I want to see the Phils win for my first Phils game in person.

Comment

The Braves were playing over their heads for much of this year. The Phils got hot at the right point and hit the Braves at the right time. Good wins this weekend, but it was a long time coming. Glad Howard is back and on track. The lineup is looking awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information