Paul Oliver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Oliver

I was reading another draft website's coverage on the Supplemental Draft. One of the main items is on Paul Oliver, a cornerback from Georiga who is "a steady cover corner that defends the run well and is excellent in coverage. He has great instincts and is a playmaker in the secondary." Should we try to get him in the supplamental draft? The article was written by Chris Steuber who is a main guy on the Philadelphia Eagles .com forums.

PM me for a link to the article if you want to read it.
    Last edited by bsaza2358; 05-22-2007, 02:57 PM. Reason: Eliminating advertising of other draft sites.

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Originally posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
    I was reading a website (www.nfldraftpro.com) and the main item is on Paul Oliver, a cornerback from Georiga who is "a steady cover corner that defends the run well and is excellent in coverage. He has great instincts and is a playmaker in the secondary." should we try to get him in the supplamentary draft? The article was written by Chris Steuber who is a main guy on the Philadelphia Eagles .com forums.
    With the situation the eagles are currently at as far as Corner goes the answer would be "yes" Considering William James will most likely bounce after the season to pursue his goal of being the best corner in the NFL. However, i think it is unlikely that they would be able to grab him, or would consider grabbing him. I would offer a second but i dont think that would land oliver (eagles being a playoff team and all).

Comment

I'm editing your post to make sure we're not "advertising" other draft sites. This thread could get locked or deleted by the mods. Scott likes to be the only game in town on his forums.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

If we were to bid a second round pick we could probably get him, but I doubt we go after him. We've already got some young projects at CB in Barksdale and Hanson, Gaddis may even get some PT as a CB.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
          If we were to bid a second round pick we could probably get him, but I doubt we go after him. We've already got some young projects at CB in Barksdale and Hanson, Gaddis may even get some PT as a CB.
          Hanson aint that young, Lito is only 4 months older than he is.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
            I'm editing your post to make sure we're not "advertising" other draft sites. This thread could get locked or deleted by the mods. Scott likes to be the only game in town on his forums.

yea, ok i understand

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
              Hanson aint that young, Lito is only 4 months older than he is.
              25 is pretty young, and he's been in the league for only two years, thus I consider him a project.

Comment

I wouldn't use a second rounder on him, when we could easily get one just as good or better in next year's draft. I doubt that the Eagles would do this anyway, but I wouldn't be too upset if they did.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                  I wouldn't use a second rounder on him, when we could easily get one just as good or better in next year's draft. I doubt that the Eagles would do this anyway, but I wouldn't be too upset if they did.
                  "we could easily get one just as good or better in next years draft"... the reason someone will give up a second for him is because "you cant just as easily get one in next years draft" esspecially with a second round pick. :roll:

Comment

If he weren't a moron theres a good chance he would be in the first round of next years draft. His talent level isn't common among first rounders IMO.

Comment

The Eagles may put in something like a 5th round bid on the guy, but with his character issues, is it worth that kind of risk? Do they need his talent that badly? I would probably say that they do not. I doubt he becomes an Eagle. Seems like the kind of guy who gets snagged as a third rounder somewhere else.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

The Eagles may put in something like a 5th round bid on the guy, but with his character issues, is it worth that kind of risk? Do they need his talent that badly? I would probably say that they do not. I doubt he becomes an Eagle. Seems like the kind of guy who gets snagged as a third rounder somewhere else.
                        Didnt he just do poorly in school? i dont know if that is a character issue...

Comment

Well, if he didn't put his work in in the classroom at school, what's to say that he would put work in the classroom/weight room as a professional football player? There are hundreds of other NCAA football players who were able to get their stuff together. The fact that he didn't or didn't do enough is a character concern to me.

Comment

Well, if he didn't put his work in in the classroom at school, what's to say that he would put work in the classroom/weight room as a professional football player? There are hundreds of other NCAA football players who were able to get their stuff together. The fact that he didn't or didn't do enough is a character concern to me.
                            Thats cute, to judge people without knowing the situation what so ever. There are plenty of reasons why he could have become ineligable for example he could have ended up taking classes that were too tough or got stuck with terrible professors. "well if he didnt put in his work in the classroom at school, whats to say that he would put int he work in the classroom/weight room as a professional football player?" well because he obviously has put in enough work there to be amongst the best in college football. Plus its not like corners are smart... coming out Corners/DT's/RB's historically have amongst the lowest wonderlic scores.

Comment

Oliver as far as I know is just naturally stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information