Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential Rushing Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Potential Rushing Title

    I know it is a little early and thats why I am putting it just in our area.

    Willie is ahead of the pack and is averaging 122 ypc. that would be put him right at 1900 something yards. I know we haven't really played any good defenses but what do you think the chances are that he sticks with this consistent level of play and nabs it??

    also why do we always go to the pass when we get down in the redzone?? willie's 1 TD is killing me.


    Silverback....still the best.

    +rep to Jakey for the sig

  • #2
    Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
    I know it is a little early and thats why I am putting it just in our area.

    Willie is ahead of the pack and is averaging 122 ypc. that would be put him right at 1900 something yards. I know we haven't really played any good defenses but what do you think the chances are that he sticks with this consistent level of play and nabs it??

    also why do we always go to the pass when we get down in the redzone?? willie's 1 TD is killing me.
    122 yards per carry thats not possible lol. Anyway I think he has a good shot, before this week Henry was the elader and had a bad game. It seems unlikley he gets that many yards per game but I actually think he can do it. With us throwing more hes not gettting as many runs but therefore is fresh and unpredictable.

    Comment


    • #3
      i think he has a shot if he doesnt dissapear with the good defences..i hope he wins it

      Comment


      • #4
        trust me you dont want him to get that amount of carries.

        Comment


        • #5
          http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07267/820099-66.stm

          Good article on Parker.

          Comment


          • #6
            yea...ypg. :D sorry.

            good article. i think he can win it if we don't stray away from the run like we did last year.


            Silverback....still the best.

            +rep to Jakey for the sig

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
              trust me you dont want him to get that amount of carries.
              he hasn't really had that many carries as of now and is on pace for that. there isn't a set amount of carries for 1900 yards. he is at 5 YPC.
              what amount of carries are you talking about when you say that we don't want him getting that many carries??


              Silverback....still the best.

              +rep to Jakey for the sig

              Comment


              • #8
                With this season Tomlinson, Gore, Jackson, and Johnson have all gotten off to slow starts. With all of those guys down there really is no other backs to take over the top spot other than Willie. As long as he can avoid injury I can see it happening.

                Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

                Comment


                • #9
                  He will get more yards with a balanced passing attack than if we run more often. Arians offense is so unpredictable that teams wont be able to stack the box and focus on Willie. Also when we sppread the field and hand off to him, he gets to go one-on-one with a linebacker and that is sweet. Steelers haven't had a rushing title since 1946 so it would seem we are due.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What needs to happen more are screens to Parker, Ward and Holmes, heck really anyone on our offense.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                      What needs to happen more are screens to Parker, Ward and Holmes, heck really anyone on our offense.
                      agreed, except on 3rd and anything longer than 10. no draws or screens in those situations.

                      also, are we starting a new fantasy league, can't find anything in the fantasy section. let me know.


                      Silverback....still the best.

                      +rep to Jakey for the sig

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I hate to hijack the thread, but how does that fantasy league work. I understand its people that you make up and they play for teams and whatnot, but how do you get all the stats? Are they just made up or do you simulate them in madden or something like that?

                        To keep things going with this thread, I would like to see Willie get the Rushing Title, and I think if he keeps up this pace, he might achieve it. I also think if Ben continues to play well, he might get comeback player of the year. That would be pretty sweet too.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Right now Id say Roethlisberger is far and away the comeback player of the year.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                            Right now Id say Roethlisberger is far and away the comeback player of the year.
                            i agree, so far anyways

                            thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              cant forget about lamont jordan. hes currently second behind willie and the raiders run the ball jus as much as the steelers now so he could be a surprise sleeper pick to upset willie. but its too early to tell still.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information