Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RB2/3rd down back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RB2/3rd down back

    If Najeh Davenport misses any time next year due to his recent run in with the law, do you think RB becomes a higher priority in the draft, or do you think Gary Russel the rookie out of minnesota could step up? Also we might look to add a free agent in the offseason, if so is there anybody you would like us to take a look at, or anyone you think they might bring in? Whats your thoughts on this?

  • #2
    I like Russell, but not as a 3rd down back. He's very young and raw and I doubt he would do well in pass protection as of now. Maybe in years to come, but not right now. If we did lose Najeh, I wouldnt be suprised to see Verron Haynes back in there, assuming he's kept in shape and can still play.

    Comment


    • #3
      i think willie might get more PT on 3rd downs if big najeh loses any games

      thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

      Comment


      • #4
        This year, definitely. Next year, I would imagine they would bring in someone to at least spell Willie when he's tired.

        Comment


        • #5
          If Jonathan Stewart declares and is there for our pick no way we pass. Either way expect a day 1 RB to be taken by us.

          Comment


          • #6
            Why do you say that? Jonathan Stewart would be great to have, but it seems like Tomlin wants to consistantly give Willie the majority of the carries, and Najeh does a good job of spelling him. Plus you have Russell as a guy for the future. Are you assuming Najeh will be gone or do you have other reasoning behind that?

            Again, Stewart would be amazing, but I just dont see it happening.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
              If Jonathan Stewart declares and is there for our pick no way we pass. Either way expect a day 1 RB to be taken by us.
              Ryan Torrain from ASU is a back I was just thinking of that complements Willie very well.


              Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                Ryan Torrain from ASU is a back I was just thinking of that complements Willie very well.
                Hes intresting, I just really want to see him bulk up and become the big fast prototype.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by skarocksoi View Post
                  I like Russell, but not as a 3rd down back. He's very young and raw and I doubt he would do well in pass protection as of now. Maybe in years to come, but not right now. If we did lose Najeh, I wouldnt be suprised to see Verron Haynes back in there, assuming he's kept in shape and can still play.
                  He did in pre-season.. I knocked Justin Harrell and 1 other DT on his ass.

                  Does anyone forget we'd likely just sign Haynes back?

                  I had seen a picture of his wife 2 hours after this "Brutal Beating". She looks better than Most people on a daily basis, He must've brutally beat her with a pillow.

                  Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                    He did in pre-season.. I knocked Justin Harrell and 1 other DT on his ass.

                    Does anyone forget we'd likely just sign Haynes back?

                    I had seen a picture of his wife 2 hours after this "Brutal Beating". She looks better than Most people on a daily basis, He must've brutally beat her with a pillow.
                    Have your opinion, fine. But dont support and condoen abusing women.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                      Have your opinion, fine. But dont support and condoen abusing women.
                      Dude, If he did it, I seriously hope someone beats the **** out of him and he goes to prison.

                      I'm not condoning women beating period.

                      What I'm saying is, for the "Violent attack" she looks pretty damn unscathed.. i.e. she's making a bunch of ******** up to get him in trouble.

                      Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                        He did in pre-season.. I knocked Justin Harrell and 1 other DT on his ass.

                        Does anyone forget we'd likely just sign Haynes back?

                        I had seen a picture of his wife 2 hours after this "Brutal Beating". She looks better than Most people on a daily basis, He must've brutally beat her with a pillow.
                        Justin Harrell sucks doo-dooo
                        Anyway, Alley Brousard 7th round



                        Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                          Justin Harrell sucks doo-dooo
                          Anyway, Alley Brousard 7th round
                          We don't have a 7th rounder. Allen Rossum.

                          I want Adrain Smith in UDFA.

                          Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I would maybe like James Davis in the second round.....thats a maybe


                            "O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                            Mike Tirico

                            Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

                            Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun


                            "(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                              I would maybe like James Davis in the second round.....thats a maybe
                              Personally I really like the kid, but feel he is a 3rd rounder with the depth at RB this year.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information