RB2/3rd down back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB2/3rd down back

If Najeh Davenport misses any time next year due to his recent run in with the law, do you think RB becomes a higher priority in the draft, or do you think Gary Russel the rookie out of minnesota could step up? Also we might look to add a free agent in the offseason, if so is there anybody you would like us to take a look at, or anyone you think they might bring in? Whats your thoughts on this?

I like Russell, but not as a 3rd down back. He's very young and raw and I doubt he would do well in pass protection as of now. Maybe in years to come, but not right now. If we did lose Najeh, I wouldnt be suprised to see Verron Haynes back in there, assuming he's kept in shape and can still play.

Comment

i think willie might get more PT on 3rd downs if big najeh loses any games

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

This year, definitely. Next year, I would imagine they would bring in someone to at least spell Willie when he's tired.

Comment

If Jonathan Stewart declares and is there for our pick no way we pass. Either way expect a day 1 RB to be taken by us.

Comment

Why do you say that? Jonathan Stewart would be great to have, but it seems like Tomlin wants to consistantly give Willie the majority of the carries, and Najeh does a good job of spelling him. Plus you have Russell as a guy for the future. Are you assuming Najeh will be gone or do you have other reasoning behind that?

Again, Stewart would be amazing, but I just dont see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
              If Jonathan Stewart declares and is there for our pick no way we pass. Either way expect a day 1 RB to be taken by us.
              Ryan Torrain from ASU is a back I was just thinking of that complements Willie very well.

Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                Ryan Torrain from ASU is a back I was just thinking of that complements Willie very well.
                Hes intresting, I just really want to see him bulk up and become the big fast prototype.

Comment

Originally posted by skarocksoi View Post
                  I like Russell, but not as a 3rd down back. He's very young and raw and I doubt he would do well in pass protection as of now. Maybe in years to come, but not right now. If we did lose Najeh, I wouldnt be suprised to see Verron Haynes back in there, assuming he's kept in shape and can still play.
                  He did in pre-season.. I knocked Justin Harrell and 1 other DT on his ass.

Does anyone forget we'd likely just sign Haynes back?

I had seen a picture of his wife 2 hours after this "Brutal Beating". She looks better than Most people on a daily basis, He must've brutally beat her with a pillow.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

I had seen a picture of his wife 2 hours after this "Brutal Beating". She looks better than Most people on a daily basis, He must've brutally beat her with a pillow.
                    Have your opinion, fine. But dont support and condoen abusing women.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                      Have your opinion, fine. But dont support and condoen abusing women.
                      Dude, If he did it, I seriously hope someone beats the **** out of him and he goes to prison.

I'm not condoning women beating period.

What I'm saying is, for the "Violent attack" she looks pretty damn unscathed.. i.e. she's making a bunch of ******** up to get him in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

Justin Harrell sucks doo-dooo
                        Anyway, Alley Brousard 7th round

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                          Justin Harrell sucks doo-dooo
                          Anyway, Alley Brousard 7th round
                          We don't have a 7th rounder. Allen Rossum.

I want Adrain Smith in UDFA.

Comment

I would maybe like James Davis in the second round.....thats a maybe

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                            Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                              I would maybe like James Davis in the second round.....thats a maybe
                              Personally I really like the kid, but feel he is a 3rd rounder with the depth at RB this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information