X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel man's Mock draft

11/13/07

1)James Laurinaitis - ILB - OSU - 6'3" 244lb 4.60

Brian Urlacher clone and we are know for our LB'ers since the 70's or longer. Hopefully he will be a modern Jack Lambert.

2)Verron Gholston - DE/OLB - OSU - 6'4" 264lb 4.60

He is just a beast, bottom line!

3)Jeff Otah - OT - PITT 6'6" 340lb 5.35

Local Kid that will know the footing at Heinz Field.

4)Drew Radovich - OG - USC 6'5" 305lb 5.20

An OL that fits Pittsburgh's mold.

5)Darnell Terrell - CB - Missouri - 6'3" 205lb 4.45

With the WR's getting taller, he will never be out jumped. He is fast enough to keep up with the fast WR's also and he is tough against the run and can blitz also.

6)Owen Schmitt - FB - WVU - 6'3" 260lb 4.85

Tough, Perfect Steeler Football Player. Dan Kreider is getting older also and he is now starting to get hurt, so time to get a young guy for him to teach.

UDFA
    Eric Wicks - S - WVU [/b]

Tough, fast, physical football player.
    Eric Foster - DE/OLB - Rutgers

Would be a great steal here.
    Last edited by steel man; 11-13-2007, 01:49 PM.

Matthew 19:26
    Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

A good draft is one that addresses needs.

Comment

No way we got those 3 in day 1...they will all be off the board. I would love them if we could though! =D

Comment

So you get three possible first round picks, and a guy in Own Schmitt who should go day 1. Sweet dreamin'
        Last edited by Scotty D; 11-13-2007, 03:10 PM.

Comment

if you look at Scotts 1st rd. mock here, he does not have Verron Gholston in the 1st rd so getting him in the 2nd i thought would be a real chance of happening. the one that was thinking might not be able to happen was Jeff Otah but a lot of people has him as a 2nd rd and you guys know how that goes, people fall =. as far as Owen Schmitt goes, Scott has him as the 3rd FB and with Fb's all of you know that they don't get drafted let alone 3 of them so with 2 being ahead of him i figured he would be there in the 6th rd, also not many teams run a reg FB like Schmitt anymore so not many team would want him.

thanks for the feed back guys.
          this is to have fun and to say the draft that you wish for in this stage of the year anyway.

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
            A good draft is one that addresses needs.

i feel like this is drafting needs. O-LINE(2picks), CB(1 pick) FB(1 pick) the only picks and i do know it is our 1st two picks but they are to good to pass on if they are there at those picks. some people say that we need DE, well one of those picks is a DE filling another need. Plus if we go to the 4-3 like everybody is saying then we need pass rushing DE's so another reason for him. that is 5 out of 6 picks feeling needs

think about this if we draft this and go to the 4-3 in 3 years:
            D-LINE:
            DE: Verron Gholston
            DT: Casey Hampton
            DT: Aaron Smith
            DE: LaMarr Woodley

LB'ers:
            OLB: Lawrence Timmons
            ILB: James Laurinaitis - James Farrior in 3 years prob. would be a back up
            OLB: James Harrison/Larry Foote

This would be the best front 7 in the NFL.

(whats up with the name James and LBers....lol.....just a side note and a joke)

Comment

Originally posted by steel man View Post
              i feel like this is drafting needs. O-LINE(2picks), CB(1 pick) FB(1 pick) the only picks and i do know it is our 1st two picks but they are to good to pass on if they are there at those picks. some people say that we need DE, well one of those picks is a DE filling another need. Plus if we go to the 4-3 like everybody is saying then we need pass rushing DE's so another reason for him. that is 5 out of 6 picks feeling needs

D-LINE:

LB'ers:

Thats assuming we go 4-3 though, its unlikley. Also the o-line is not addressed well. Plus those first thre players are very unlikley to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                No way we got those 3 in day 1...they will all be off the board. I would love them if we could though! =D
                Day 1 is only 2 rounds.

Comment

D-LINE:

LB'ers:

getting both laurinaitis and gholston in the draft would just be incredible!

Comment

i am interested in seeing how Tomlin follows up with his 2nd draft. we might be able to gauge how he is going to draft. for example Cowher and co. hardly ever traded up to get a player....the only two i can think of is Troy and Holmes(which we did not have to), Tomlin in his 1st draft traded up to get a punter so i think he would to get a beat of a player like Verron Gholston, i hope anyway!

Comment

i am interested in seeing how Tomlin follows up with his 2nd draft. we might be able to gauge how he is going to draft. for example Cowher and co. hardly ever traded up to get a player....the only two i can think of is Troy and Holmes(which we did not have to), Tomlin in his 1st draft traded up to get a punter so i think he would to get a beat of a player like Verron Gholston, i hope anyway!
                      mmmmmm, Cowher always traded around mid-round picks.

Comment

i don't think we will go to a 4 - 3 anytime soon

why would we? we have one of the [if not THE] top rated defense right now

until dick retires we will stay in a 3 - 4

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

I would kill for this draft but it just won't happen. They will all be gone by our picks in those rounds.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                            Day 1 is only 2 rounds.
                            Ye...my bad :o

Comment

stop drinkin the kool aid man

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information