• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skarocksoi
    started a topic Smith out for season

Smith out for season

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7552830?MSNHPHMA

Aaron Smith is out for the season with a torn bicep. Eason will probably take his place.

I think DE depth just moved up on the needs list for this offseason.

• Mr. Stiller
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakey View Post
    ^ i think he was talking bout Billichick...the fact that he mumbles
    Yep thatd be correct

Leave a comment:

• Jakey
    replied
    ^ i think he was talking bout Billichick...the fact that he mumbles

Leave a comment:

• DeathbyStat
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
    How the hell did you understand that?

*Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble* Aaron Smith *Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble* Pro Bowl..
    *Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**M umble**Mumble*
    I vote every year.. *Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**M umble**Mumble*
    Ok, calm down dude i'm sorry

Leave a comment:

• Jakey
    replied
    ^ i got it...but mumble is my first language ;)

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Stiller
    replied
    Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
    All you need to know about Aaron Smith is that.....in an interview I was watching with Bill Belichick......Bill said he votes for Aaron Smith for the Pro Bowl every year.

Nuff Said.
    How the hell did you understand that?

*Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble* Aaron Smith *Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble* Pro Bowl..
    I vote every year.. *Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**M umble**Mumble*

Leave a comment:

• DeathbyStat
    replied
    All you need to know about Aaron Smith is that in an interview I was watching with Bill Belichick, Bill said he votes for Aaron Smith for the Pro Bowl every year.

Nuff Said.
    Last edited by DeathbyStat; 12-13-2007, 01:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Stiller
    replied
    Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
    no way foote is a better mike than farrior in a 4-3
    In a Traditional tampa2 scheme? Farrior is a 3 down LB. Foote is a 2 down thumper that is more of a Chaser.

In a 4-3 Foote would be a SLB (Like in college) Farrior has the speed and understanding of the zones to play a deep Zone coverage (He does it a lot as it is).

Not to mention, I'm not worried about the run defense because Keisel, Hampton, Hoke and Woodley are superb in run defense... and with 4 DL, that should make it a lot easier for Farrior as he doesn't have to shed blocks.

Leave a comment:

• mikehop05
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
    Frankly I think we should run a 4-3.

Why?

Because it limits Smiths loss and adds some youth and speed up front. Not to mention it's something no one has seen.

DL:

Woodley ~ Hampton ~ Keisel ~ McBean
    Haggans ~ Hokie ~ Kirschke ~ Harrison

LB:

Harrison ~ Farrior ~ Timmons
    Foote ~ Kreidwaldt ~ Frazier

Woodley ~
    no way foote is a better mike than farrior in a 4-3

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Stiller
    replied
    Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
    hopefully mcbean will get some reps... cant be worse than eason
    Frankly I think we should run a 4-3.

Why?

Because it limits Smiths loss and adds some youth and speed up front. Not to mention it's something no one has seen.

DL:

Woodley ~ Hampton ~ Keisel ~ McBean
    Haggans ~ Hokie ~ Kirschke ~ Harrison

LB:

Harrison ~ Farrior ~ Timmons
    Foote ~ Kreidwaldt ~ Frazier

Woodley ~

Leave a comment:

• mikehop05
    replied
    hopefully mcbean will get some reps... cant be worse than eason

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Stiller
    replied
    Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    I do understand that he is one of our best players, but honestly, i believe we will game plan to make it seem like eason isnt there...i would move hoke to de for the games
    We can't move Hoke to DE without suffering depth issues at NT. and against a run first team like Jacksonville... thats not a good idea. Though I think we should see some "Fat Nickel" with Eason/Kirschke at the Ends and Hoke/Hampton inside.

Eason does a good job making it seem thats he's not there, because he never is.. he gets blown off the ball and is like a bad Mike.. he makes the plays 5-10 yards downfield.

Leave a comment:

• Smooth Criminal
    replied
    Massive loss for the Steelers that will go unnoticed by most fans because he has no name recognition. Eason is not even comparable to Smith and we will probably be much worse against the run now.

Still we are likely to win the division. The Browns will have to make up 2 more games over the last 3. Probably not gonna happen.

Leave a comment:

• Hines
    replied
    I do understand that he is one of our best players, but honestly, i believe we will game plan to make it seem like eason isnt there...i would move hoke to de for the games

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Stiller
    replied
    I would really go as far to say that Aaron Smith is the most integral part to our defense.

Teams rarely run to the right and if/when they do, it never goes anywhere because Smith can tackle anyone and I have never seen him, not once, get blown off the ball.

Watch ANY game Eason has been in and tell my 1 game where he actually didn't get blown off the snap on 1 play. Eason seems like a Vanilla 4-3 Lazy ass DE... more than a 3-4 Hold the point DE.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information