2008 Off Season/Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    I am not sold on Bloom. If we dont get Royal, I want us to get Darius Reynaud from West Virgina. Basically the same player as Royal and Reid, but is a better reciever. He would be beastly.
    ive been very impressed with reynaud, dingle, and schmit as far as prospects go for the steelers in this game

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
      ive been very impressed with reynaud, dingle, and schmit as far as prospects go for the steelers in this game
      I am very impressed with Reynaud and Dingle. Too bad that I believe we could have a shot at one.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
        I am very impressed with Reynaud and Dingle. Too bad that I believe we could have a shot at one.
        ? what do u mean?

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
          Because Im not sure who will be there
          Probably John Greco of Toledo who I think is fantastically underrated.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

if we do not get Schmitt i am going to be very upset, if there is one player in the whole draft that i want no matter what it would be Schmitt. Kreider is getting older and now he is starting to get hurt, so we need a new younger Kreider and Schmitt is a whole lot better than Kreider and he can run the ball also and that would solve our short yardage problems also and being from WVU he will have a lot of fan following.

Matthew 19:26
            Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

i think Schmitt is and could be better than the Bus!!!

Matthew 19:26
              Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

Mocks in years to come

I like Mr. Stiller's ideas of going after Patrick Crayton and maybe Randy Starks from the Titans.

If we get at least Crayton or another legitimate wide-reciever threat via free-agency, this is my mock...

1 Jeff Otah- OT, Pittsburgh
                2 Tracy Porter- CB, Indiana
                3 Chad Rinehart- OT, N. Iowa
                4 Owen Schmitt- FB, WVU
                5 Keilan Dykes- DE, WVU
                6 Kerry Brown- OG, App. State

Then, in years to come...

1 Phillip Mehrling- OLB
                2 Ramses Barden- WR
                3 Jason Chapman- DE
                3 Chris Clemmons- FS
                4 BJ Raji- NT
                5 Daniel Holtzclaw- ILB
                6 Nick Walker- TE
                7 Stephen Hodge- FS

1 P.J. Hill- RB
                2 Emmanuel Cook- SS
                3 Boo Robinson- NT
                4 Vladamir Richard- OG
                5 Leigh Tiffin- K
                6 Emmanuel Sanders- WR/KR
                7 Matt Nichols- QB

Let me know what you think. I'll try to explain any pick that you want me to.

Thanks to Jakey for the sweet sig

Comment

Crayton just got a 5 year extention...so WR might need to be addredded this year

Comment

good to know about crayton. thanks.

Thanks to Jakey for the sweet sig

Comment

As for the '08 mock...i love Otah, Porter would be a good pick, i think we can get a better prospect than Rinehart in the 3rd, Schmitt would be a good pick, i like Dykes, and Brown is o.k. Overall not a bad mock...but nothing sexy

Comment

Prospect:

Andy Studebacker - DE/OLB - Wheaton - 6'3" - 245 - 4.47

projected round: 7th - UDFA.

Has any1 got any info on this kid???

Comment

One player that I like is Bryan Smith from McNease State. He is 6-3 about 235-240 pounds. He runs about a 4.5-4.6. He is a pass rusher with 31 career sacks. I say bring him in as a UDFA and see what he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by steel man View Post
                            if we do not get Schmitt i am going to be very upset, if there is one player in the whole draft that i want no matter what it would be Schmitt. Kreider is getting older and now he is starting to get hurt, so we need a new younger Kreider and Schmitt is a whole lot better than Kreider and he can run the ball also and that would solve our short yardage problems also and being from WVU he will have a lot of fan following.
                            Schmitt is a beast i agree, but it may take our 2nd to get him... and ask yourself this, is he really THAT much of an upgrade over carey davis/ dan kreider that we need to spend our 2nd on him? Especially if players like tracey porter, devin thomas, and other may be around? Now if he can be had in the 4th id say absolutely take him, the 3rd... not so much...

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                              Schmitt is a beast i agree, but it may take our 2nd to get him... and ask yourself this, is he really THAT much of an upgrade over carey davis/ dan kreider that we need to spend our 2nd on him? Especially if players like tracey porter, devin thomas, and other may be around? Now if he can be had in the 4th id say absolutely take him, the 3rd... not so much...

He is a HUGE upgrade over Kreider and Davis.

Comment

Hines what do u think of Stillers idea of swithching to a 4-3/tampa 2???

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information