2008 Off Season/Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
    Hines what do u think of Stillers idea of swithching to a 4-3/tampa 2???
    Eh, I am not too crazy about it. It is basically a scheme to stop the deep pass really. I like the idenitiy of stopping the run and rushing the passer. I dont want to have a huge makeover just to find this. I like the 34 as I grew up watching that. But if it helps our team, then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
      He is a HUGE upgrade over Kreider and Davis.
      how so? is he enough to merit spending our 2nd rd pick on him? What does a fullback do anyways? Block and occasionally run the ball...

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Eh, I am not too crazy about it. It is basically a scheme to stop the deep pass really. I like the idenitiy of stopping the run and rushing the passer. I dont want to have a huge makeover just to find this. I like the 34 as I grew up watching that. But if it helps our team, then so be it.
        I'm thinking more like the Giants run...just constant passrush. But we also have a better secondary than the Giants, so i think we could run it pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
          how so? is he enough to merit spending our 2nd rd pick on him? What does a fullback do anyways? Block and occasionally run the ball...
          He can run, catch, and block. Basically a bigger Leonard. He isnt as athletic as Leonard, but he can do everything Leonard can do. He wont be in the second. I say about the 4th-5th round.

Comment

Prospect:

Andy Studebacker - DE/OLB - Wheaton - 6'3" - 245 - 4.47

projected round: 7th - UDFA.

Has any1 got any info on this kid???
            Andy Studebaker has like 40+ Sacks in his Jr. + Sr. year. Not to mention like 50+ TFL's over that time. I say him last year and thought he'd be interesting.

I hope for him he gets a combine/Senior bowl invite, I hope for us, he doesn't.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

He can run, catch, and block. Basically a bigger Leonard. He isnt as athletic as Leonard, but he can do everything Leonard can do. He wont be in the second. I say about the 4th-5th round.
              I agree.

Leonard was a second rounder on Crazy Athleticism. 4.5 40' at 6'2 229lbs. Owen Schmitt is a good prospect, but he'll probably run a 4.7-4.8.

He's not near the reciever or running back Leonard was, but he's 2-3x the blocker.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

i really hope the guy is there in the 4th or 5th, but something tells me he won't... just like mike alstott... who was picked in the 2nd round

Comment

Javon Kerse might get cut from the Eagles. Why not bring him east and sign him to a small deal and he can be a situational pass rusher for us.

Comment

^ Lamarr Woodley can do that job...i think we could spend the money elsewhere

Comment

The thing with Kearse is, I think he can put his hand down and rush the passer.

Comment

^ Lamarr Woodley can do that job...i think we could spend the money elsewhere
                        agreed, plus i dont want to take up more roster space with over the hill guys

Comment

p.s. i just spent a solid 4 minutes staring at jakey's sig

Comment

haha this is my favourite sig by far! :p

Comment

Erin Henderson has been projected to go in round 3...i think he would be an ideal replacement for Farrior when he retires, what do u guys think of him???

Comment

Erin Henderson has been projected to go in round 3...i think he would be an ideal replacement for Farrior when he retires, what do u guys think of him???
                                obviously by my sig i love the guy, if we landed him in round 2 i feel that would be a steal much less 3... he is one of the most athletic middle linebackers in the draft, and he will probably be one of the strongest as well...

I think after his workouts he will move up to sometime in the 2nd round... kind of like his brother, E.J. (though i feel Erin is a better prospect)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information