2008 Off Season/Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    I dont think we need all that much on the oline front. We have the pieces, they just need to play in the right spots. I believe they will move Colon to RG, with Starks at LT. Simmons could play a good LG, and if he shows something, Essex can play RT. Mahan sucks as a starter, so put him on the bench. We have Stapleton as our backup center. We have Kemo as a backup at both guards. We have Capizzi and Parquet as backup tackles. Smith will be back next year maybe. I really think we need a guard/tackle tweener. John Greco comes to mind in the third round. We can get an UDFA for center. All we need is depth, other then that, my main focus is toughening up our defense by getting replacements for Farrior, Aaron Smith, Keisel, and Deshea. Plus getting a Hines replacement.

I see us cutting Reid, Wilson, and maybe Marvel Smith. I would like to sign Flozell Adams, Bryant Johnson or Ian Scott. Damien Woody would be a good option as well as oline depth.

Washington has grown on me the past couple of weeks and I think if he works on his hands in the offseason, he can be a great slot reciever for us. Wilson, while he does make plays for us, is too expensive for a fourth/fifth reciever, so he is cut.
    your only problem with that line is yoou have no starting center i believe :)

move Simmons to C, and put kemo at LG then the rest of the lineup seems decent enough

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
      your only problem with that line is yoou have no starting center i believe :)

move Simmons to C, and put kemo at LG then the rest of the lineup seems decent enough
      Thats what I was going to do really. It would be ideal. We have depth at the tackles, and guard spots too. We just need to sign a mid level free agent for the oline.

Comment

i am trying to decide on players for a mock....if i list guys and i have a few will you guys tell me what you think? i will list 4 or 5 at a time by position.

Matthew 19:26
        Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

Yeah sure, go right ahead.

Comment

why i want your opinion is because every time , it seems, that i like someone or pick them in a certain round you guys tell me there is no way he will be there or i am picking him to high. last year it drove me nuts trying to get a complete mock. i know these are just opinion and what you think but you guys study this more and have inside hook ups that i dont and i dont have time(with 3 girls and working 50+ hours a week) to look stuff up that why i go months at a time with out being on here.

so here is to your endless knowledge. I SALUTE YOU!!!!!

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
              Yeah sure, go right ahead.
              Thanks

Let's go position by position:

QB: do we need a better back up than Batch, he looked awful last week and i know that is just one game but he is older. having said that what do you guys think about

Sam Keller- NEB
              Brandon Cox- AUB
              Joe Flacco- Delaware

Comment

or would it be better to pick someone up in FA or UDFA because if Ben keeps getting sacked like he did this year he is going to miss games here and there and one game could cost us a playoff spot

Comment

I think we could use a backup to push BSP off the roster. Flacco will be a first day player, and I think we will go UDFA with this one.

Comment

what day is the cutoff to register for the draft. Is it January 16th?

Comment

Originally posted by steelersfan27 View Post
                      what day is the cutoff to register for the draft. Is it January 16th?
                      i thnk around there, possibly the 19th

as far as qb's go do we still have randall on our P.S.?

the kid can throw the ball a hundred miles an hour

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

i thnk around there, possibly the 19th

as far as qb's go do we still have randall on our P.S.?

the kid can throw the ball a hundred miles an hour

Comment

p.s. i just spent a solid 4 minutes staring at jakey's sig
                          So did you smoke a cigarette at the end of that four minutes or simply roll over and go to sleep?

It is a great sig!

Comment

Eddie Royal is the next Devin Hester or Josh Cribbs. He is that damn explosive returning kicks.

OH and btw, Randall isnt on our practice squad.

Comment

Stiller and I were talking about this last night, he brought it up and I just have to agree...

Brandon Flowers, CB, VT = Beast.

Dude's about 5'11" 200lbs-ish, and is an animal, goto youtube and type in his name and watch some of his clips from LAST year, he is one of the most physical corners I have ever seen.

But, not only is he physical, he has the complete package, he can run with most of em, and his ball skills are above average.

My only knocks on him is that some of the hits that he makes (tackling up high) may not work in the NFL.

He is only a junior, but there are rumors that he will come out, and if he does it would be intriguing to see where he ends up on draft boards, and I think is a player the steelers need to seriously look at getting.
                              I would love either Brandon Flowers or Dre Moore to be available for us in Rd 2. I do like Heyden a couple rounds later, but prefer Dre Moore.

Comment

I saw Hayden play against the Vols. The kid was in the backfield every play.

Flowers is hitting like a truck tonight, and LT Duane Brown is impressing me with his pass blocking.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information