2008 Off Season/Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
    ^ Lamarr Woodley can do that job...i think we could spend the money elsewhere
    LaMarr will be starting Strongside.. We could use a Weakside OLB. Kearse was "The Freak" for a reason. He was pretty much the first "Merriman" Type OLB prospect when we were the only defense running the 3-4.

That said. I think we should hold off 1 more year. Harrison at WOLB and Woodley at SOLB, with Timmons at WILB and Farrior at SILB for one more season atleast before we bring in a guy to train behind Harrison (Ricky Sapp) and Farrior(Maualuga/Spikes).

Trade our first for a 2nd, 3rd and 2009 1st. That should put us in prime position to grab a Premier Passrusher, which we've been lacking since Lloyd left, and a premium SILB to replace Farrior.

For those that say that we definitely need OL.. we do. But we could pull it off.

2a) Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt / Andrew Gardner, OT, Georgia Tech.
    2b) Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech
    3a) Erin Henderson, ILB, Maryland
    3b) Dre Moore, RDE, Maryland
    4) John Greco, OG/RT, Toledo
    5) Jeremy Thompson, LOLB, Wake Forest
    6) Jeremy Leman, ST, Illinois

2009:

1a) Ricky Sapp, ROLB, Clemson
    1b) Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State
    and so on.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by steelersfan27 View Post
      but does he have any accuracy?
      No one will ever know.

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
        i thnk around there, possibly the 19th

as far as qb's go do we still have randall on our P.S.?

the kid can throw the ball a hundred miles an hour
        January 15th.

Randall look like he had potential if given the opportunity. Another waste, just like Omar Jacobs.

Comment

I like Duane Brown from Va Tech. I think he will be a good pro player. Another player that has impressed me is Anthony Collins from Kansas. I think Collins and Talib declare after the game.

Comment

Jerome Mathis might get cut from the Texans. If so, I would like to pick him up as our KR/PR. He is FAST and was a Pro Bowler his rookie season. Yes he is always injured, but I would love to take a shot at him next season.

Comment

Some players to look out for if you are watching the bowl games:

- Jamaal Westerrman (DE Rutgers)
              - Mike Fladell (OG Rutgers)
              - Jeremy Zuttah (OT Rutgers)
              - Eric Foster (DT Rutgers)
              - Ron Girault (FS Rutgers)
              - Tiguan Underwood (WR Rutgers)
              - Dante Love (WR Ball State)
              - Robert Brewster (OT Ball State)
              - Paul Smith (QB Tulsa)
              - Nelson Coleman (ILB Tulsa) - I love this kid
              - Kory Lichtensteiger (C Bowling Green)
              Last edited by Jakey; 01-04-2008, 07:40 AM.

Comment

sorry guys, my power went out as i was typing, and did not come back on until like 5:00 am this morning and last night it got -5(5 below zero) wind chill -24 and we had no heat, a fun night my girls loved running around the house in the dark and playing hind and seek. anyway i am at work right now but when i get home i would like to finish what i started. it is friday and after my girls go to sleep i will be up until i finish it. thanks guys for letting me tap into your knowledge.

Matthew 19:26
                Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

i was wanting to watch the game last night and did not get to (the power deal) there was 2-3 CB's that i wanted to watch. was it a good game or did i miss anything at all.

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

Resign Ben. We need more depth at O-line. Resign Essex and Kemoeatu. Draft a corner. Aqua Talib might be availble or if Macho Harris comes out draft him. He is a playmaker and 1 of the most underrated corners in the nation. Let Haggens go and replace him w/ Woodley.
                    Bluto- When the going gets tough the tough get going.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.

Comment

We dont need that much oline depth. We can sign a guard in free agency and let Mahan be a backup and start Simmons at C.

Comment

Prospect

Orlando Scandrick (Jr) - CB - Boise State - 6'00 - 188 - 4.36

Started 36 consecutive games, great special teamer, returns kicks, blocked 4 kicks this year, good in man and zone coverage.

Given a 4th round grade by the NFL-Advisory comitee...but his agent told him not to expect to go higher than the 5th or 6th round. I think he would be a good pickup in the 5th...kinda like William *** was this year...but more versitile.

Tell me what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                          Prospect

Orlando Scandrick (Jr) - CB - Boise State - 6'00 - 188 - 4.36

Started 36 consecutive games, great special teamer, returns kicks, blocked 4 kicks this year, good in man and zone coverage.

Given a 4th round grade by the NFL-Advisory comitee...but his agent told him not to expect to go higher than the 5th or 6th round. I think he would be a good pickup in the 5th...kinda like William *** was this year...but more versitile.

Tell me what you think.
                          The only thing I would bring him in for is for ST to be a gunner and to cover kicks. Other then that, there are way better corners out there. Even though he does intrigue me.

Comment

what do you guys think of these CB and who do you like and what rounds do you think they will go?

Aqib Talib - Kan
                            Terrell Thomas - USC
                            Darnell Terrell - Missouri
                            Dominique Rodgers Cromartie - Tenn St.
                            Charles Godfrey - Iowa

i like Darnell Terrell and Aqib Talib, what little i have saw of them. thats why i hate that i missed the game last night

Comment

also tell me if you agree with my thinking on o-line. i am thinking draft OL that are from a passing team, that is what seems like we are not doing good at plus we have a HOF QB now that we have not had since Terry Bradshaw, we have to keep him on his feet. we can run, parker was leading the NFL in rushing. my way of thinking is that we are going more to the pass anyway but most of all i feel like if you can pass block then you can push people around in the running game plus i think we should get faster tackles because every one is going smaller and quicker on the ends so we need our guys to have good feet and be quicker for the pass rush als they can use their speed to get up field and block in the running game? do you guys think that is the best way to look at it when drafting OL?

Comment

Originally posted by steel man View Post
                                what do you guys think of these CB and who do you like and what rounds do you think they will go?

Aqib Talib - Kan
                                Terrell Thomas - USC
                                Darnell Terrell - Missouri
                                Dominique Rodgers Cromartie - Tenn St.
                                Charles Godfrey - Iowa

i like Darnell Terrell and Aqib Talib, what little i have saw of them. thats why i hate that i missed the game last night
                                Aqib Talib- Big, fast corner. Good ball skills and can also play reciever. Can return kicks as well. Late 1st/Early 2nd. Could play Fs in the pros.

Terrell Thomas- Underrated. Big, fast. Early 2nd to late 3rd depending on workouts

Darnell Terrell- Big, really big. Probably most suited to play saftey in the pros.

Cromartie- he is tall, but thin. Could play in this league. Can return kicks. Workouts will determine where he goes in the draft. I say 2nd-4th

Godfrey-Underrated player. Big, fast, strong. good ball skills and is physical and will stick his nose in the pile. 2nd-4th

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information