Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Off Season/Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Aqib Talib - Kan - Good player, big, pysical, great hands, but not very quick - late round 1

    Terrell Thomas - USC - Ballhawk, good speed, underrated - mid round 2

    Darnell Terrell - Missouri - All the physicals...but not much natural skill...versitile, could also play saftey - round 5

    Dominique Rodgers Cromartie - Tenn St. - Tall and fast, needs to add some more bulk, good natural skills. Probably the best small-schooler in the draft - round 2

    Charles Godfrey - Iowa - My fav' CB in the whole draft...big, strong and fast. Good ball skills, good tackler. Could also play some safety - round 3

    I like all of them...but i wouldn't want a CB untill at least round 2. Some others i like are; Tracy Porter, Brandon Flowers, Macho Harris, Trae Williams, Dwight Lowry, Justin King and Jack Ikegwuono
    Last edited by Jakey; 01-04-2008, 01:22 PM.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Jakey View Post
      Aqib Talib - Kan - Good player, big, pysical, great hands, but not very quick - late round 1

      Terrell Thomas - USC - Ballhawk, good speed, underrated - mid round 2

      Darnell Terrell - Missouri - All the physicals...but not much natural skill...versitile, could also play saftey - round 5

      Dominique Rodgers Cromartie - Tenn St. - Tall and fast, needs to add some more bulk, good natural skills. Probably the best small-schooler in the draft - round 2

      Charles Godfrey - Iowa - My fav' CB in the whole draft...big, strong and fast. Good ball skills, good tackler. Could also play some safety - round 3

      I like all of them...but i wouldn't want a CB untill at least round 2. Some others i like are; Tracy Porter, Brandon Flowers, Macho Harris, Trae Williams, Dwight Lowry, Justin King and Jack Ikegwuono
      i like tracey porter as well, also the VT corners.. Flowers played decent last night and had a couple huge hits as did Harris, but I was expecting more...

      I'd snatch up Terrell Thomas with our 2nd in a heart beat if he was there, I think the kid has what it takes to eventually replace the ageless townsend (something many other corners were not able to do)...

      though i am still a fan of ***, especially with a lot of the cov. 3 that we run, he is very well suited for that and is practically a townsend clone

      thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

      Comment


      • #93
        Prospect

        Justin Harper - WR - Virginia Tech - 6'4" - 200 - 4.35

        I'm thinking kinda like a Nate Washington player...not a full time starter, but a big play guy, who moves the chains. Any1 got any info on him???

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Jakey View Post
          Prospect

          Justin Harper - WR - Virginia Tech - 6'4" - 200 - 4.35

          I'm thinking kinda like a Nate Washington player...not a full time starter, but a big play guy, who moves the chains. Any1 got any info on him???
          Dropped a lot of passes last night. Made a nice touchdown grab and had a nice return for a touchdown. Wasnt really impressed. I have a d-line prospect that reminds me of Luis Castillo a lot. He will be in my mock.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Jakey View Post
            Prospect

            Justin Harper - WR - Virginia Tech - 6'4" - 200 - 4.35

            I'm thinking kinda like a Nate Washington player...not a full time starter, but a big play guy, who moves the chains. Any1 got any info on him???
            id rather take a guy thats 5'7" 120lbs runs a 5.0 but can catch the ball

            thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

            Comment


            • #96
              here are the OT that i was looking out, i will have more player at the positions that i think that we need to draft or use our higher picks on.

              Gosder Cherilus - BC
              Ben Giacomini - UL
              Oniel Cousins - UTEP
              Tony HIlls - Texas
              Sam Baker - USC
              Duane Brown - VT
              Shannon Boatman -FSU

              Matthew 19:26
              Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by steel man View Post
                here are the OT that i was looking out, i will have more player at the positions that i think that we need to draft or use our higher picks on.

                Gosder Cherilus - BC
                Ben Giacomini - UL
                Oniel Cousins - UTEP
                Tony HIlls - Texas
                Sam Baker - USC
                Duane Brown - VT
                Shannon Boatman -FSU
                I think Baker may be a great LT, not the best run blocker but then again the Lt's first job is to protect the QB's blind side (granted hes not a lefty).. with that said there are other more complete OT's that will dominate the first round, I think we have a legit shot at him with our pick

                Just not a fan of Gosder.

                Tony Hills and Duane Brown to me right now seem decent later round picks, but I have only seen a couple games and I wasn't really focused on either of them all that much.

                the others i couldn't really tell you much about at this point.

                Guys like Chris Williams may be available with our pick, and we should really take a good look at him.

                thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

                Comment


                • #98
                  Ryan Clady - Jeff Otah - Chris Williams...are my favourite OT prospects, they will all likely be 1st rounders

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Rumor Watch:

                    Per Jim Wexall a high offseason priority will be to sign Starks and Faneca.. Very hardcore chase as well. His source says it's 50/50 each guy to sign.

                    Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                      Rumor Watch:

                      Per Jim Wexall a high offseason priority will be to sign Starks and Faneca.. Very hardcore chase as well. His source says it's 50/50 each guy to sign.
                      So we have a shot at both?

                      Comment


                      • I think Max Starks is just as worthy as Faneca...what do you guys think we should do???

                        Comment


                        • if we do then that will change the whole draft...we still need a replacement for Faneca but would not have to draft one for a couple years. Starks is still young ao he would last a few more years before we would have to draft to take his place.

                          Matthew 19:26
                          Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

                          Comment


                          • http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=3177330

                            just some reading for you guys

                            Matthew 19:26
                            Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

                            Comment


                            • if Starks comes back from his knee surgery in good shape then i say sign them just dont sign Faneca to a super long deal for a lot of cash because he is getting older

                              Matthew 19:26
                              Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

                              Comment


                              • what do you guys think of drafting a center, no one has talked about it and i know it is hard for a rookie to start right away but he prob would do just as good?

                                Matthew 19:26
                                Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information