No announcement yet.

2008 Off Season/Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aqib Talib - Kan - Good player, big, pysical, great hands, but not very quick - late round 1

Terrell Thomas - USC - Ballhawk, good speed, underrated - mid round 2

Darnell Terrell - Missouri - All the physicals...but not much natural skill...versitile, could also play saftey - round 5

Dominique Rodgers Cromartie - Tenn St. - Tall and fast, needs to add some more bulk, good natural skills. Probably the best small-schooler in the draft - round 2

Charles Godfrey - Iowa - My fav' CB in the whole draft...big, strong and fast. Good ball skills, good tackler. Could also play some safety - round 3

I like all of them...but i wouldn't want a CB untill at least round 2. Some others i like are; Tracy Porter, Brandon Flowers, Macho Harris, Trae Williams, Dwight Lowry, Justin King and Jack Ikegwuono
    Last edited by Jakey; 01-04-2008, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
      Aqib Talib - Kan - Good player, big, pysical, great hands, but not very quick - late round 1

Terrell Thomas - USC - Ballhawk, good speed, underrated - mid round 2

Darnell Terrell - Missouri - All the physicals...but not much natural skill...versitile, could also play saftey - round 5

Dominique Rodgers Cromartie - Tenn St. - Tall and fast, needs to add some more bulk, good natural skills. Probably the best small-schooler in the draft - round 2

Charles Godfrey - Iowa - My fav' CB in the whole draft...big, strong and fast. Good ball skills, good tackler. Could also play some safety - round 3

I like all of them...but i wouldn't want a CB untill at least round 2. Some others i like are; Tracy Porter, Brandon Flowers, Macho Harris, Trae Williams, Dwight Lowry, Justin King and Jack Ikegwuono
      i like tracey porter as well, also the VT corners.. Flowers played decent last night and had a couple huge hits as did Harris, but I was expecting more...

I'd snatch up Terrell Thomas with our 2nd in a heart beat if he was there, I think the kid has what it takes to eventually replace the ageless townsend (something many other corners were not able to do)...

though i am still a fan of ***, especially with a lot of the cov. 3 that we run, he is very well suited for that and is practically a townsend clone

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Prospect

Justin Harper - WR - Virginia Tech - 6'4" - 200 - 4.35

I'm thinking kinda like a Nate Washington player...not a full time starter, but a big play guy, who moves the chains. Any1 got any info on him???

Comment

Prospect

I'm thinking kinda like a Nate Washington player...not a full time starter, but a big play guy, who moves the chains. Any1 got any info on him???
          Dropped a lot of passes last night. Made a nice touchdown grab and had a nice return for a touchdown. Wasnt really impressed. I have a d-line prospect that reminds me of Luis Castillo a lot. He will be in my mock.

Comment

Prospect

id rather take a guy thats 5'7" 120lbs runs a 5.0 but can catch the ball

Comment

here are the OT that i was looking out, i will have more player at the positions that i think that we need to draft or use our higher picks on.

Gosder Cherilus - BC
              Ben Giacomini - UL
              Oniel Cousins - UTEP
              Tony HIlls - Texas
              Sam Baker - USC
              Duane Brown - VT
              Shannon Boatman -FSU

Matthew 19:26
              Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

Originally posted by steel man View Post
                here are the OT that i was looking out, i will have more player at the positions that i think that we need to draft or use our higher picks on.

Gosder Cherilus - BC
                Ben Giacomini - UL
                Oniel Cousins - UTEP
                Tony HIlls - Texas
                Sam Baker - USC
                Duane Brown - VT
                Shannon Boatman -FSU
                I think Baker may be a great LT, not the best run blocker but then again the Lt's first job is to protect the QB's blind side (granted hes not a lefty).. with that said there are other more complete OT's that will dominate the first round, I think we have a legit shot at him with our pick

Just not a fan of Gosder.

Tony Hills and Duane Brown to me right now seem decent later round picks, but I have only seen a couple games and I wasn't really focused on either of them all that much.

the others i couldn't really tell you much about at this point.

Guys like Chris Williams may be available with our pick, and we should really take a good look at him.

Comment

Ryan Clady - Jeff Otah - Chris Williams...are my favourite OT prospects, they will all likely be 1st rounders

Comment

Rumor Watch:

Per Jim Wexall a high offseason priority will be to sign Starks and Faneca.. Very hardcore chase as well. His source says it's 50/50 each guy to sign.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                      Rumor Watch:

Per Jim Wexall a high offseason priority will be to sign Starks and Faneca.. Very hardcore chase as well. His source says it's 50/50 each guy to sign.
                      So we have a shot at both?

Comment

• I think Max Starks is just as worthy as Faneca...what do you guys think we should do???

Comment

• if we do then that will change the whole draft...we still need a replacement for Faneca but would not have to draft one for a couple years. Starks is still young ao he would last a few more years before we would have to draft to take his place.

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=3177330

just some reading for you guys

Comment

• if Starks comes back from his knee surgery in good shape then i say sign them just dont sign Faneca to a super long deal for a lot of cash because he is getting older

Comment

• what do you guys think of drafting a center, no one has talked about it and i know it is hard for a rookie to start right away but he prob would do just as good?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information