No announcement yet.

2008 Off Season/Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A center would be good, but I have read that we might move Simmons to center.

Comment

• who would be better at C Chris Kemoeatu , Kendall Simmons or Darnell Stapleton or could any of them play C and be good at it?

Matthew 19:26
      Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
        A center would be good, but I have read that we might move Simmons to center.
        i guess you answered my question.

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

• I think Simmons is the better guard.

I could see our next years line being

LT: Starks or draft pick
          LG: Kemo
          C: Simmons
          RG: Colon
          RT: FA/Draft pick, hell maybe even Essex

Comment

• now on to WR. i wanted this guy in the 1st but i figured that everyone would say that we had bigger needs. the guy is Adorius Bowman, then in 2-3 more years get thi kid out of Texas Tech and we would be set at WR, but what do you guys think of :

Adorius Bowman - O St.
            DJ Hall - Ala
            Marcus Monk - Ark
            Paul Hubbard - Wis
            and one of my best steal picks
            Evan Moore - Stanford

all are tall WR which i think we need and we have Holmes as our speed guy and Hines can move in to the slot. When Ben had Plex he went to him all the time and look what Plex has done for Eli and Ben has got better so could you imagine what he and Plex would be doing if they were still together.

Comment

• Originally posted by steel man View Post
              now on to WR. i wanted this guy in the 1st but i figured that everyone would say that we had bigger needs. the guy is Adorius Bowman, then in 2-3 more years get thi kid out of Texas Tech and we would be set at WR, but what do you guys think of :

Adorius Bowman - O St.
              DJ Hall - Ala
              Marcus Monk - Ark
              Paul Hubbard - Wis
              and one of my best steal picks
              Evan Moore - Stanford

all are tall WR which i think we need and we have Holmes as our speed guy and Hines can move in to the slot. When Ben had Plex he went to him all the time and look what Plex has done for Eli and Ben has got better so could you imagine what he and Plex would be doing if they were still together.

Adarius Bowman is a great reciever. Big, fast, has great hands. In the Plex mode. Plays in the slot a lot at OK State. I wouldnt mind him here with our first pick. DJ Hall is a good reciever. He gets taken out of games on occasion, but he is a really good prospect. I dont like Monk at all as I dont think he has enough speed to stick at WR, would be a TE probably. Havent seen much of Hubbard or Moore so I cant comment on them.

Comment

Adarius Bowman is a great reciever. Big, fast, has great hands. In the Plex mode. Plays in the slot a lot at OK State. I wouldnt mind him here with our first pick. DJ Hall is a good reciever. He gets taken out of games on occasion, but he is a really good prospect. I dont like Monk at all as I dont think he has enough speed to stick at WR, would be a TE probably. Havent seen much of Hubbard or Moore so I cant comment on them.
                /agree, <3 bowman and also kelley

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• A player I would spend a second on is Cornelius Ingram from Florida. He originally is a tight end, but he has the size and speed to be a young Plex, which of whom I compare him too.

Comment

• RB/FB - my favorite player is at this position Owen Schmitt from WVU. i know some says that we need a short yardage back and then others say Davenport and Co. are good enough, but Kreider is older and is JUST A BLOCKER where Schmitt can be the Triple Header Monster and Monster he is, he can run, catch, and block. IMO he is worth a good pick.
                    others:

Cory Boyd-SC
                    Yvenson Bernard -OR St.
                    Alley Broussard - Missouri Southern
                    Matt Forte-Tulane
                    Allen Patrick-OU
                    Jacob Hester-LSU

Comment

A player I would spend a second on is Cornelius Ingram from Florida. He originally is a tight end, but he has the size and speed to be a young Plex, which of whom I compare him too.
                      i wouldn't... i dont see him being the threat that bowman or kelley would be, if he is there in the 3rd i wouldn't mind it but right now unless a player can be a bowman-like threat id rather not grab them in the top 2 rounds where both lines and CB's are needed imo

Comment

• the way i look at it is the ones that say he is not worth a higher pick then they do not know how much a good FB helps the running game. as a former all-state and college running back my FB was very important to opening holes for me and down field after you past the 1st tier into the 2nd level and they are in front blocking, it is worth as much as any position on the field. if he opens holes that others would not for Parker then thats a home run for us so out of all the teams in the NFL we need a great FB more than any to open holes for the fastest RB in the NFL and he is use to blocking for faster RB's. plus if he can catch out of the back field then thats another option for Ben that we don't have right know and not to mention his breaking face masks when blocking. when he breaks Steelers face masks i will be the 1st to over pay on EBAY for one, if signed then i would pay thousands for it lol. so all in all he is worth as high as any pick whether it is picking up the blitz to protect Ben that the OL that we draft that we thought was so important missed to having him in the back field to run a 4th and 1 in the Patriots game instead of being scared to and running a WR reverse, even if you say they were trying to catch them off guard but if you had someone back there that you KNOW can get a yard then you would have ran the ball up the gut. so IMO YES he is worth a HIGHER pick

Comment

• Originally posted by steel man View Post
                          the way i look at it is the ones that say he is not worth a higher pick then they do not know how much a good FB helps the running game. as a former all-state and college running back my FB was very important to opening holes for me and down field after you past the 1st tier into the 2nd level and they are in front blocking, it is worth as much as any position on the field. if he opens holes that others would not for Parker then thats a home run for us so out of all the teams in the NFL we need a great FB more than any to open holes for the fastest RB in the NFL and he is use to blocking for faster RB's. plus if he can catch out of the back field then thats another option for Ben that we don't have right know and not to mention his breaking face masks when blocking. when he breaks Steelers face masks i will be the 1st to over pay on EBAY for one, if signed then i would pay thousands for it lol. so all in all he is worth as high as any pick whether it is picking up the blitz to protect Ben that the OL that we draft that we thought was so important missed to having him in the back field to run a 4th and 1 in the Patriots game instead of being scared to and running a WR reverse, even if you say they were trying to catch them off guard but if you had someone back there that you KNOW can get a yard then you would have ran the ball up the gut. so IMO YES he is worth a HIGHER pick
                          the thing is, is i watch the steeler games and i see carey davis make great kick out blocks, and other good lead blocks, im not doubting what schmitt brings to the table but the fact of the matter is that davis gets it done right now so unless we can get him in the 4th id rather pass

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                            I think Max Starks is just as worthy as Faneca...what do you guys think we should do???
                            lately ive been leaning on the "rather sign starks than faneca" side

red has been getting outplayed

Comment

• Its official, Devin Thomas will declare. That is my second round pick.

Comment

Its official, Devin Thomas will declare. That is my second round pick.
                                yup. hopefully he isnt a ***** like former MS receivers...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information