Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Off Season/Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i would really like getting Groves and Lee. i have noticed that after talking about Groves a while back more people is starting to talk about him. he is a Steelers type IMO. i may be wrong but i think he would really help give us one of the best LB'ing core in the NFL

    Matthew 19:26
    Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

    Comment


    • Originally posted by steel man View Post
      do you guys know anything about

      WR- Evan Moore
      WR- Lance Legget
      WR- Mario Urrutia
      and what rd do you think they will go in?

      Matthew 19:26
      Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

      Comment


      • which one of these guys would we get the best value for(ex. one guy may be better then the other but if you have to use a 3rd pick on him and you can get the other guy for a 5th rd pick and he is almost as good then the 5th rd pick would have a better value) ?


        WR- Evan Moore
        WR- Lance Legget
        WR- Mario Urrutia
        WR -Paul Hubbard
        WR- Adrian Arrington

        Matthew 19:26
        Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

        Comment


        • Originally posted by steel man View Post
          which one of these guys would we get the best value for(ex. one guy may be better then the other but if you have to use a 3rd pick on him and you can get the other guy for a 5th rd pick and he is almost as good then the 5th rd pick would have a better value) ?


          WR- Evan Moore
          WR- Lance Legget
          WR- Mario Urrutia
          WR -Paul Hubbard
          WR- Adrian Arrington

          I think Hubbard is the best player and will go in the 4th or 5th but all these guys are 4th-7th rounders at best.


          "O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
          Mike Tirico

          Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

          Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun


          "(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TheWood56 View Post
            Hmmm, interesting. Tomlin attends Auburns pro day:

            http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/20...assistant.html

            I think he must've been there to personally look at Quentin Groves, Pat Sims and Patrick Lee first hand. Personally, I think this is good news. Those are 3 really good players IMO, and if I had to guess, those are the 3 guys I'd imagine he was there to look at.
            that is interesting...do you think we would take groves at 23 though?

            thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

            Comment


            • ^ Yeah for sure...some people have him going No7 to the pats. But i really cant see him going that early!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                I think Hubbard is the best player and will go in the 4th or 5th but all these guys are 4th-7th rounders at best.

                Hubbard or Marcus Monk ?

                Matthew 19:26
                Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

                Comment


                • what do you guys think if this mock happened?

                  1)Chris Williams - OT
                  2)Chilo Rachal - OG ...... (if not there then Roy Schuening - OG)
                  3)Milke Pollack - C ....(may have to switch 2rd and 3rd if we get Roy)
                  4)Antwaun Molden - CB...(Darnell Terrell - CB) i like Owen Schmitt - FB/RB here but i know i will get raged if i pick him
                  5)Paul Hubbard/Marcus Monk - WR
                  6)Johnny Dingle - DE

                  Matthew 19:26
                  Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

                  Comment


                  • i dont think we need 3 first day O linemen

                    id rather grab langford from hampton in the 3rd

                    thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

                    Comment


                    • OLB Keyaron Fox visited with the Steelers on Tuesday.

                      Fox, formerly of the Chiefs, would be a backup linebacker and a special teamer if he ends up in Pittsburgh.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by steel man View Post
                        Hubbard or Marcus Monk ?
                        Hubbard.........


                        "O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                        Mike Tirico

                        Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

                        Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun


                        "(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

                        Comment


                        • I would take a flyer on Mario Urruita. He is big and has sneeky speed. Could be Plex or a major bust. I like his potential as he has great hands and great leaping ability.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                            i dont think we need 3 first day O linemen

                            id rather grab langford from hampton in the 3rd
                            when you have a great QB and you have a $100mil. man then i do not see how that could be a bad investment.

                            Matthew 19:26
                            Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                              I would take a flyer on Mario Urruita. He is big and has sneeky speed. Could be Plex or a major bust. I like his potential as he has great hands and great leaping ability.
                              thats why i put him in there. i really like him and IMO i think he will be at least a starter and he is one of the tallest and still has a big frame and fast.

                              Matthew 19:26
                              Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by steel man View Post
                                when you have a great QB and you have a $100mil. man then i do not see how that could be a bad investment.
                                its not bad per say but i would argue that for this draft our aging d-line is of more concern than our relatively young o-line...

                                thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information