Steelers Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelers Draft Discussion

Most other boards have this, and I think it can help focus us some. Though I don't post a whole lot here, I do read a lot, and I am interested in this.

I still feel Tomlin will try and go for a guy who can play OLB in 3-4 and DE in Cover 2 at this point. Jarvis Moss looks fairly natural, but there are a lot of ways we can go.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

This seems accurate to me, but I think Moss's combine hurt him a bit. But I think your right.....three other guys that I think can fit both systems are Okoye, Carriker and Willis but I think they'll be gone by time we pick.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
      This seems accurate to me, but I think Moss's combine hurt him a bit. But I think your right.....three other guys that I think can fit both systems are Okoye, Carriker and Willis but I think they'll be gone by time we pick.
      something tells me we get carriker, no matter what. seeing the story about how someone in the organization was talking to him and said that he reminded them of a current player almost to the tee. A Smith. someone they just signed to a four year deal. so i don't know.

ok and don't hang me for this, i love anthony smith and think he is going to kill someone eventually with how hard he hits. i think he is going to be beast, but do we pass up on landry if he by some weird mistake/freak of nature drops to 15?? and do this with the other star caliber platyers. if AD, CJ, Branch, Thomas, Adams, Anderson, all those guys. who do you pass on and who do you grab if they fall for some reason.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

AD-Take

CJ-Take

Branch-take

Thomas-take even though I'm not a big fan

Adams-take

Anderson- pass not a big fan but haven't seen enough tape of him

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

I grab them all. Any one of them would be an upgrade and a grat pick for us.

Even if its someone like landry, if we are sittig at 15 and hes still there you know dallas and other teams are going to be on the phone with us wanting to trade.

If they don't give enough, we grab landry and then trade him. Much like the Chargers did with Eli Manning.

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Landry is too good to pass up, he could play deep S with smith and troy could be one hell of a rover.

Mike Tirico

Comment

I think all the guys that a really want Willis, Carriker, Okoye will all be gone by time we pick.

I wanted Moss but he had the same combine numbers as Anthony Spencer but was less prodictive in college and both might fall to the second.
              Last edited by DeathbyStat; 02-28-2007, 03:05 PM.

Mike Tirico

Comment

I think all the guys that a really want Willis, Carriker, Okoye will all be gone by time we pick.

I wanted Moss but he had the same combine numbers as Anthony Spencer but was less prodictive in college and both might fall to the second.
                yeah i agree, honestly there is no one that fits the bill for us at 15 that i want

i hope we trade back or trade up and get someone like okoye

Comment

AD-Take

CJ-Take

Branch-take

Adams-take

I'd agree with that, but theres no way CJ, Thomas, and probably Branch are there at 15. Adams might be there, and if he is, we definitely need to take him. He's fast enough for a linebacker, but can still drop down and play DE when we run a 4-3 alignment.

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                    something tells me we get carriker, no matter what. seeing the story about how someone in the organization was talking to him and said that he reminded them of a current player almost to the tee. A Smith. someone they just signed to a four year deal. so i don't know.

ok and don't hang me for this, i love anthony smith and think he is going to kill someone eventually with how hard he hits. i think he is going to be beast, but do we pass up on landry if he by some weird mistake/freak of nature drops to 15?? and do this with the other star caliber platyers. if AD, CJ, Branch, Thomas, Adams, Anderson, all those guys. who do you pass on and who do you grab if they fall for some reason.
                    Originally posted by DEATHBYSTAT
                    AD-Take

CJ-Take

Branch-take

Adams-take

I think you guys are missing the point of his question....

IF all of these guys SOMEHOW fell and were all available at 15 - who would you pass on and who would you take?

Personally, I take CJ and pass on everyone else.

AD - well, we've already got a proven starter in Willie so no sense drafting a "complimentary" back in the 1st

Branch - if we stick with the 3-4 Casey can hold it down, if we go 4-3 we move Smith inside and find someone to play end, most likely Haggans

Thomas - what we've got at the T spots right now will be good enough to let Ben toss it up to CJ

Adams/Anderson - there's enough talent to be had in the 2nd and 3rd to make up for passing on one in the 1st

CJ - NOBODY- repeat - NOBODY on our squad right now can match his blend of speed, size, and athleticism, least of all any of our WRs. And that is why I pass on everyone else and take the most sure-fire prospect in years.

Comment

Originally posted by CDub View Post

IF all of these guys SOMEHOW fell and were all available at 15 - who would you pass on and who would you take?

AD - well, we've already got a proven starter in Willie so no sense drafting a "complimentary" back in the 1st

Branch - if we stick with the 3-4 Casey can hold it down, if we go 4-3 we move Smith inside and find someone to play end, most likely Haggans

Thomas - what we've got at the T spots right now will be good enough to let Ben toss it up to CJ

Adams/Anderson - there's enough talent to be had in the 2nd and 3rd to make up for passing on one in the 1st

CJ - NOBODY- repeat - NOBODY on our squad right now can match his blend of speed, size, and athleticism, least of all any of our WRs. And that is why I pass on everyone else and take the most sure-fire prospect in years.

no, we dont pass on anyone

if any of them fall to us at 15 then we wake them and figure out a way to paly them or trade them after we take em

Comment

Originally posted by CDub View Post

good man. i think CJ too.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

No way we pass on Adams if he drops to us.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

adams is probably one guy that we would trade up to get and the one guy I would be alright with us trading up to get. I'm interested in who scott gives us in the next mock, whether he stays with Moss or goes back to Carriker. I think both of those guys are a strong possibility/

Comment

Is it Just me or do I think they were referring to Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia, because there is no way Calvin Johnson falls to 15.

I don't like Carriker either. He's what you call strictly a workout warrior. He never produced in games and he only shows up in practices. I think Spencer is the best 1st round pick outside of Calvin Johnson, Gaines Adams.

As for the talk of Alan Branch. Although he's a Tackle and could play NT in the 3-4, with his size and athleticism, he'd be much more proficient as a 3-4 DE. He could eat up blockers and stuff the run game. Allowing Lb's to come in easier.

Free Agency Notice:

Potential Guys I like:

Sammy Morris, Rb, Miami
                              Chris Brown, RB, Tennessee
                              Antwan Peek, OLB, Houston

Guys to be cut:

Porter, Wilson, Gardocki, Morey.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information