Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skarocksoi View Post
    True, but we could use some quality depth at some positions, mostly linebacker.
    You should read Adam Schefters article. I dont' always agree with him, but it's brilliant.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10028966

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I don't think we should overpay in FA, cause thats a waste. I'd rather pick someone else up in the draft who we can develop into a good player than some 30 year old overpaid vet who is in the downslide of his career. But, getting a guy for a reasonable price who can help out is never a bad thing. I'm a little dissapointed that we didn't pick up TBC, but its better we don't overpay him to do nothing. I think we're going to be going heavy on the LB's in this draft as we could use at least a few.

On a side note, do we get a conditional pick for Porter this year or next? I'm gonna assume next because isn't it based off production somewhat?

Comment

I don't think we should overpay in FA, cause thats a waste. I'd rather pick someone else up in the draft who we can develop into a good player than some 30 year old overpaid vet who is in the downslide of his career. But, getting a guy for a reasonable price who can help out is never a bad thing. I'm a little dissapointed that we didn't pick up TBC, but its better we don't overpay him to do nothing. I think we're going to be going heavy on the LB's in this draft as we could use at least a few.

On a side note, do we get a conditional pick for Porter this year or next? I'm gonna assume next because isn't it based off production somewhat?
        Its a Compensation pick and we'll get it next year. We'll probably get a 3rd rounder for him.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

I'm not sure we get a pick. He wasn't lost to UFA. He was cut. So I don't know the rules on that very well, so I'm wondering if we'd even get a compensation pick (Which would be a 3rd.. it's based on Contract, players history/#'s)

Comment

I hope we get something for him. Seems like kind of a waste to let him go for nothing.

Comment

I hope we get something for him. Seems like kind of a waste to let him go for nothing.
              yeah i agree

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

First, we don't get jack for Porter. We dumped him, so we aren't going to get any compensation. Secondly, I also feel quite disapointed when the steelers don't sign anybody in FA, but the way the market is being blown out of proportion, I think we'd be better off saving all our cap space and signing Hampton, Faneca and Polamalu to long extensions.

We can always upgrade through the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by tom View Post
                  First, we don't get jack for Porter. We dumped him, so we aren't going to get any compensation. Secondly, I also feel quite disapointed when the steelers don't sign anybody in FA, but the way the market is being blown out of proportion, I think we'd be better off saving all our cap space and signing Hampton, Faneca and Polamalu to long extensions.

We can always upgrade through the draft.
                  yeah we need to save cap space

also, we usually dont do much in FA either... didnt really have to this year either

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                    yeah we need to save cap space

also, we usually dont do much in FA either... didnt really have to this year either
                    We did Sign Andy Lee.. so now all mocks are round 6-less..

Dang Now I'm losing James Jones..

Comment

unless SF matches him

Comment

unless SF matches him
                        I doubt it. They have 10 picks as it is, They'll net Sepulveda or Podlesh, or evena UDFA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                          I doubt it. They have 10 picks as it is, They'll net Sepulveda or Podlesh, or evena UDFA.
                          podlesh...

those lucky bastards

Comment

podlesh...

those lucky bastards
                            I don't know why I like Sepulveda better. I think like I mentioned before it's the Rugby Techniques and the fact he was a linebacker.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                              I don't know why I like Sepulveda better. I think like I mentioned before it's the Rugby Techniques and the fact he was a linebacker.
                              i like podlesh cuz he goes to my school

that and he runs a 4.45

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information