Steelers' 2008 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCSteeler View Post
    as long as we get a DL and CB early tomorrow, it will feel like a great draft!
    who would've thought, RB and WR the 1st two picks?

seems like we'll have a good crop of DL and CB's to chose from.
    King, Ikegwuounu, Scandrick?
    Moore, Bryant, Langford?

a lot of people have slipped; with four more picks this could be good for us?
    i do feel bad for Russell.
    pooor russell... hopefully he can stick around when willie leaves

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

I think we go Molden or Scandrick or Dre Moore in round 3.

Comment

Yeah Russell should be the 3rd back IMO...it would be a 3 headed monster!

Comment

Sweed is big but he is not physical. He is going to have to beat the jam. Hope fully he doesn't have Dwayne Jarrett syndrome

Comment

He doesnt need to be physical! Holmes aint physical but he does well! Sweed is a great possetion reciever IMO...he runs good routes, and has great hands. Plus he is 6'4"...dont get much better IMO.

Comment

Seriously Hines..Don't hurt yourself...

Comment

Man we screwed Tennessee twice

Comment

Do you think Jacksonville jumped ahead of Pgh to take Groves, because they thought that would have been our pick? Didn't matter, because we still got MONEY!!

Comment

We basically just screwed the whole league! Mendenhall will be a beast...and Sweed is the perfect compliment to Holmes for the near future! I can see us going BPA through the whole draft, barring QB and RB now.

Comment

we got the OVERALL #15 &#23 according to Scott....WOW.....also according to Scott we got the 3rd best running back(but IMO i think Mendenhall is alot better then Stewart and i like him better then McFadden also because he is a more powerful back) and then we got the 2nd best WR in Sweed..... another WOW...good draft so far, but we always have a good to great draft.
                      Last edited by steel man; 04-26-2008, 10:30 PM.

Matthew 19:26
                      Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

Assistant Managing Editor for Sports, Jerry Micco, blogs live from the Steelers South Side headquarters on Saturday.
                        2008 NFL DRAFT LIVE BLOG -- April 26, 2008
                        Serendipitous Steelers

9 p.m. -- The Steelers had a very good first day. Perhaps fortuitous first day is more like it. I'm sure they wanted to add depth to the offensive and defensive lines on day one, but I just don't see how they could pass up talent like RB Rashard Mendenhall and WR Limas Sweed. Both positions are ones of need, but maybe not as much as defensive line and outside linebacker. But they handled this one right. You take guys who can be weapons for you if they drop in your lap. If Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin had a playbook that said you draft this position regardless of who's available, they certainly threw it away when it came time to pick. Taking arguably the No. 2 overall RB and one of the top 3 or 4 WRs trumps taking an offensive or defensive lineman who might be seventh or eighth at their position. There's time on Sunday to pick up those guys.

It makes rounds 3 and 4 critical, as they always are, for the Steelers. If they are going to replace some age on the defensive line, they will have to address it early on Sunday. If there is some depth at OG or OT, then it's going to have to be addressed early on, too. Though the thought here is they are more set on the O-line than the D-line. We'll see.

A couple guys who fell in the draft have local connections. PSU CB and Gateway High's Justin King is still on the board as we enter Sunday's action. And Dan Connor, the Lions all-everything LB is still left. Doesn't mean they can't have very successful NFL careers, but they are obviously going to have to prove themselves a bit more when they get into training camps. King's stock may be dropping fast. Three of the last four players picked Saturday were CBs.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08117/876924-360.stm
                        Last edited by S4L; 04-26-2008, 11:23 PM.

Comment

I think this WR class isn't taht great so having the second best WR isn't a great thing.

Comment

We got great value with the first two picks, however if we don't go DE and OL in the 3rd and 4th, I will be disappointed. Our guy Moore is still on the board.

Comment

itll be interesting to see how we put all these pieces together now..

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
                                We got great value with the first two picks, however if we don't go DE and OL in the 3rd and 4th, I will be disappointed. Our guy Moore is still on the board.
                                i agree, if moore is there at our 3rd pick we have to take him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information