Joey Porter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Porter

What can you guys tell me about him. Why was he released, was it money problems or playing problems?

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
    What can you guys tell me about him. Why was he released, was it money problems or playing problems?
    both

he got too much for doing too little

plus he was going to hold out again

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

He wasn't playing up to his contract and he still wanted to hold out for more. Whoever gets him is going to have to overpay.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

He was our best linebacker since Lloyd and we let him go. You will be getting a great ballplayer if you sign him. He had a down year with us, yet he still led us in sacks and had 2 int's, one returned for a TD. It will come back and haunt us. We didn't want to pay him more, but we tendered contracts to Starks and St. Pierre. I'm not big on our front office right now.

Comment

Originally posted by NFLBOY View Post
          He was our best linebacker since Lloyd and we let him go. You will be getting a great ballplayer if you sign him. He had a down year with us, yet he still led us in sacks and had 2 int's, one returned for a TD. It will come back and haunt us. We didn't want to pay him more, but we tendered contracts to Starks and St. Pierre. I'm not big on our front office right now.
          Give up on it, jesus. He wasn't all sunshine either. Even after the $1 Million bonus he was going to hold out of camp and the last thing you want to do is bring a new coaching staff to deal with the old staff's headcases. It was a good move. He was a good player, but it's still a business get over it.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by NFLBOY View Post
            Believe it or not you need to have enough money to pay 53 guys to be on the roster. You can't just say he is good and pay him whatever he wants. The cap will never work with moves like that.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Past him prime can still be very solid, he doesn't warrant the money, his body has gone through too much trauma it really pisses me off how every on on espn is saying how big of a mistake the steelers made by letting him go.

I think he will go to the niners

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
              Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

i read that the chargers have interest and he would liek to play there

Comment

i honestly dont think joey will act the same as he did with the steelers. i think that he will quiet down. and not talk so much before games. and if he does go to a team that plays us he will not talk trash. thats just me personally

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                    i honestly dont think joey will act the same as he did with the steelers. i think that he will quiet down. and not talk so much before games. and if he does go to a team that plays us he will not talk trash. thats just me personally

He wouldn't be himself if he didn't talk trash if he gets a huge pay day he'll talk even more

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

apparently all the steeler players are upset about his release

via PFT

Comment

With Porter gone its time for Farrior to step up as the leader.

Comment

i think they shoulda released farrior instead of porter. or porter shoulda taken a pay cut if he really did love pittsburgh

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                            i think they shoulda released farrior instead of porter. or porter shoulda taken a pay cut if he really did love pittsburgh
                            no way should they have released farrior over porter

A) he doesnt cost as much
                            B) hes been a solid player since he came here
                            and C) he wont hold out like porter woulda

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                              no way should they have released farrior over porter

A) he doesnt cost as much
                              B) hes been a solid player since he came here
                              and C) he wont hold out like porter woulda

ya true but he costs more. or they coulda cut haggans and townsend

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information