Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SteelCzar76's Final 1st round Mock,...(and sticking to it)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't even hate the draft of

Rey
    Macho
    Shipley
    Knox
    Lewis
    Potter

It's got some nice players, nice talent, two offensive lineman, mid-round CB and WR. What worries me most is only taking 1 DL, a DE in the 7th round. We need youth at defensive line badly. I'd be very worried about a draft that only included 1 DL, especially with that DL being taken in the 7th round, giving about a 50/50 chance to even stay on the team.
    Last edited by THav916; 04-02-2009, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THav916 View Post
      I really don't even hate the draft of

Rey
      Macho
      Shipley
      Knox
      Lewis
      Potter

It's got some nice players, nice talent, two offensive lineman, mid-round CB and WR. What worries me most is only taking 1 DL, a DE in the 7th round. We need youth at defensive line badly. I'd be very worried about a draft that only included 1 DL, especially with that DL being taken in the 7th round, giving about a 50/50 chance to even stay on the team.
      I feel your concern with this Thav (1 D-lineman late) But i just do not feel as though Gilbert or Jackson are impressive enough to take in the 1st round,..let alone future Pro Bowlers. (So why reach early for a 5 technique end, out of desperation ?) To me Gilbert has Jammal Anderson written all over him and Jackson will take at least three seasons to pan out,...if he ever does.(And IMO that's not first round talent outside of a QB)

And for the record i'am not a woman,..so i do not "Love" Rey or Harvin. I simply consider them better football players than Gilbert, Jackson, or even Mack and Wood.

Rey Maualuga ILB USC
      Victor "Macho" Harris CB
      A.Q Shipley C
      Johnny Knox WR
      Zach Potter DE
      Sammie Lee Hill NT

Stop giving the Steelers Unger or Mack in the 1st round !

Comment

Originally posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
        I'd use our 3rd, fifth and 1st to move up and select Rey. Then i'd take Macho at the bottom of the second, followed by Shipley in the 4th, Johnny Knox or Dominique Edison in the 5th (comp pick) Cornelius Lewis in the 6th, and Zach Potter in the 7th.

Or

Use our 3rd, fifth and 1st to move up and select Harvin. Followed by the aforementioned players,....with Brinkley in the place of Edison or Knox.

I like Brinkley,.he's tackles with authority, got nice size and athleticism,....but he's no better in coverage than Rey, doesn't use his hands any better and is considered just as unrefined if not more. (Nothing that like Rey, cannot be corrected with coaching) But i've got to give Rey the edge because of his Trojan pedigree. But i could live with him (Brinkley) later,..if we went with Harvin in the 1st.
        Correction,...i'd have to use our 1st, 3rd, 5th and next years 3rd. (Per draft value chart),.......

Rey Maualuga ILB USC
        Victor "Macho" Harris CB
        A.Q Shipley C
        Johnny Knox WR
        Zach Potter DE
        Sammie Lee Hill NT

Comment

On a different note Cutler has been traded to the Bears. What do you think that the odds are that Denver packages their 1st rnd pick along with that of Chicago's to trade up with let's say,...KC,..to select Mark Sanchez or Stafford ?(Depending upon whom goes 1st ?)

Rey Maualuga ILB USC
          Victor "Macho" Harris CB
          A.Q Shipley C
          Johnny Knox WR
          Zach Potter DE
          Sammie Lee Hill NT

Comment

Originally posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
            I feel your concern with this Thav (1 D-lineman late) But i just do not feel as though Gilbert or Jackson are impressive enough to take in the 1st round,..let alone future Pro Bowlers. (So why reach early for a 5 technique end, out of desperation ?) To me Gilbert has Jammal Anderson written all over him and Jackson will take at least three seasons to pan out,...if he ever does.(And IMO that's not first round talent outside of a QB)

And for the record i'am not a woman,..so i do not "Love" Rey or Harvin. I simply consider them better football players than Gilbert, Jackson, or even Mack and Wood.
            It's a reach in your opinion. I hope you realize that it's you're opinion and not necessarily true (as I realize my opinion is not truth either). Patriots seemed to be 'reaching' for Logan Mankins. Trading up for Rey or Harvin could be a reach, too.

Thanks for the clarification on the male/female. Maybe you're trying to be funny, but I think it's quite obvious if anyone talks about 'Loving' a football player, it's known what that means. I knew originally this conversation would go nowhere. How bout you just don't respond and I'll stop as well.

Comment

Originally posted by THav916 View Post
              It's a reach in your opinion. I hope you realize that it's you're opinion and not necessarily true (as I realize my opinion is not truth either). Patriots seemed to be 'reaching' for Logan Mankins. Trading up for Rey or Harvin could be a reach, too.

Thanks for the clarification on the male/female. Maybe you're trying to be funny, but I think it's quite obvious if anyone talks about 'Loving' a football player, it's known what that means. I knew originally this conversation would go nowhere. How bout you just don't respond and I'll stop as well.

LOL,..it's good Thav. "Ya know,..if i thought you were'nt my friend,...i don't know if i could bear it?" Let's just agree to disagree,..but at the same time gain insight and or enlightenment.

Rey Maualuga ILB USC
              Victor "Macho" Harris CB
              A.Q Shipley C
              Johnny Knox WR
              Zach Potter DE
              Sammie Lee Hill NT

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information