Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SteelCzar76's Final 1st round Mock,...(and sticking to it)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteelCzar76's Final 1st round Mock,...(and sticking to it)

1: Lions: Mark Sanchez

2: Rams: Matthew Stafford

3: Chiefs: Aaron Curry

4:Seahawks Jason Smith

5:Browns: Michael Crabtree

6: Bengals: Eugene Monroe

7: Raiders: Percy Harvin

8: Jaguars: Jeremy Maclin

9: Packers: Bj Raji

10: 49ers: Andre Smith

11: Bills: Brian Orakpo

12: Broncos: Brian Cushing

13: Redskins: Everette Brown

14: Saints: Malcom Jenkins

15 Texans: Vontae Davis

16:Chargers: Knowshon Moreno

17: Jets: Josh Freeman

18: Bears Michael Oher

19: Steelers (Via Bucs) Rey Maualuga

20: Lions: Peria Jerry

21: Eagles: Brandon Pettigrew

22: Vikings: Hakeem Nicks

23: Patriots: Louis Delmas (Or they package picks to trade up for Malcolm Jenkins)

24: Falcons: Clay Matthews

25: Dolphins: Kenny Britt

26: Ravens: Darius Heyward Bey

27: Colts: Evander Hood

28: Eagles: Chris Wells

29: Giants: Robert Ayers

30: Titans: Jarron Gilbert

31:Cardinals: Donald Brown

32:Bucs: Aaron Maybin
    Last edited by SteelCzar76; 03-31-2009, 03:10 PM.

Rey Maualuga ILB USC
    Victor "Macho" Harris CB
    A.Q Shipley C
    Johnny Knox WR
    Zach Potter DE
    Sammie Lee Hill NT

Stop giving the Steelers Unger or Mack in the 1st round !

where are the trades?

You gotta throw a trade in there, you honestly think this is going to happen?

Edit: didn't see the steelers move, but come on only 1.

Comment

Trade up for Rey?

I really really really really doubt that will happen.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I like trading up for Maualuga, but that is one terrible mock. You'd do yourself justice by not sticking to it.

Comment

I don't like trading up for Rey

But I think it's a good mock. Actually, I'd rarely say anyone has a terrible mock draft. What do the 'experts' get right every year? 5-10? A lot of mock drafts look the same but the draft always unfolds differently. I like seeing a variety.

Comment

Mauluaga? That's an AWFUL pick. WE DO NOT NEED A LB. We need to address OT or Cornerback. We have Farrior Foote and Timmons, why would we take another ILB? Not to mention that Mauluaga is completely overrated. I would break my tv if we drafted him.

Originally posted by SNIPER26
            LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
            Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!

Comment

ahhah you had the Steelers taking Rey, but not Jackson a 3-4 DE the Steeler's defense could use.

Actually Jackson isn't even on there.

Comment

Wow. I love Percy, but he's useless when we already have McFadden. Terrible situation for a great player.

Comment

I know this isn't about the giants but why would we draft a 4th DE in the first round. With DHB, Britt and Nicks gone I'm pretty sure we'd look at William Beatty as our franchise LT of the future.

Comment

While I'm not against getting Maualuga, and I think he could flourish in our system, I'd only take him if he dropped to our pick and a huge amount of improbable events happened. If we did trade up in the draft, I think we'd be aiming at Michael Oher, not Rey Maualuga.

As of now, Rey's not one of my top 5 prospects for the first round. In fact, he might not even be in the top ten. Be it need or overall talent, I'd take the following players before Maualuga (in no particular order):

Alex Mack
                    William Beatty
                    Eben Britton
                    Larry English
                    Clint Sintim
                    Vontae Davis
                    Tyson Jackson
                    Alphonso Smith
                    Darius Butler
                    Max Unger

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                      While I'm not against getting Maualuga, and I think he could flourish in our system, I'd only take him if he dropped to our pick and a huge amount of improbable events happened. If we did trade up in the draft, I think we'd be aiming at Michael Oher, not Rey Maualuga.
                      I totally agree Goose. I don't really want Rey, but first round is about getting studs and if he happened to fall to us, I'd consider him. I think Foote's got one more year and I think Rey would be a great replacement for Farrior by year 3 but I don't want to trade up for a guy we don't need.

But the thing is, SteelCzar LOVES Rey and isn't a big fan of Timmons. It's his mock, I wouldn't overanalyze.

If we're trading up, Oher, Britton, ASmith, or Tyson would be nice targets.

Comment

Originally posted by THav916 View Post
                        I totally agree Goose. I don't really want Rey, but first round is about getting studs and if he happened to fall to us, I'd consider him. I think Foote's got one more year and I think Rey would be a great replacement for Farrior by year 3 but I don't want to trade up for a guy we don't need.

But the thing is, SteelCzar LOVES Rey and isn't a big fan of Timmons. It's his mock, I wouldn't overanalyze.

If we're trading up, Oher, Britton, ASmith, or Tyson would be nice targets.
                        Thanks for not "overanalyzing" Thav. And for the record,... it's not that i have a "Maualuga man crush" (lol) or a matter of simple Trojan homer pride,...i just think he'd be an exceptional MLB in coach Lebeau's system. (Along with the fact that Potsie isn't getting any younger, and i do not think Timmons can hold up for the duration of a season in the middle.)

I can also understand the perspective of the "Trench representatives" but it's my opinion that because of the fact that we are not rebuilding and in fact are returning most of the starters from a World Championship team,....we have some flexibility in terms of going after a young impact player in the first like Rey or Percy Harvin. (Harvin because Hines is in the same position as Farrior)

I'm not in favor of standing firm at 32 and taking a center when we could draft Shipley later whom i feel will be every bit as productive as Mack, Unger or Wood at the pro level. (If not more so) And Britton and Beatty are overrated in my opinion. Not poor players,..just overrated.

As far as the D-line,...who's to say Tyson Jackson, Hood, Jarron Gilbert or even Fili should be tapped in the first ? Are we not the most successful team in the league when it comes to finding five technique ends in the later rounds ?

And finally in terms of Corners,...i mean c'mon,... this is one of the most pedestrian group of corners that many have seen in quite a while. Who's to say that Getting a player like Macho later would not be just as effective for us (considering our system) as opposed to spending a first round pick on a "workout warrior" like Butler, "measurable stud" Sean Smith, or Alphonso smith ? Especially when considering the reality that Macho has been more productive than any of them at the collegiate level.

Rey Maualuga ILB USC
                        Victor "Macho" Harris CB
                        A.Q Shipley C
                        Johnny Knox WR
                        Zach Potter DE
                        Sammie Lee Hill NT

Comment

theres no way we trade up for rey, i just cant get on board with that

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                            theres no way we trade up for rey, i just cant get on board with that
                            There's a great chance that we won't,..but then again,.since Tomlin has come aboard Colbert has become a great deal less predictable in the 1st. And i could very well see a trade up happening. And if that would be the case i would like for us to go after Rey or Harvin. And POSSIBLY Jenkins if they were off the board,.. as i think he would be a considerable upgrade at FS for us. (Not that Clark is a Bum,..but he is injury prone and has only one year remaining on his contract)

Rey Maualuga ILB USC
                            Victor "Macho" Harris CB
                            A.Q Shipley C
                            Johnny Knox WR
                            Zach Potter DE
                            Sammie Lee Hill NT

Comment

Originally posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
                              As far as the D-line,...who's to say Tyson Jackson, Hood, Jarron Gilbert or even Fili should be tapped in the first ? Are we not the most successful team in the league when it comes to finding five technique ends in the later rounds ?
                              Just to point this out (Not trying to be a dick) but..

Orien Harris, Eric Taylor, Ryan McBean, Shaun Nua, Shaun Paxton, Jordan Reffett, Kyle Clement disagree wholeheartedly with the bolded statement.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information