No announcement yet.

Official Steelers Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe we wanted sean smith and after he was gone we made the decision.

Comment

Well could have had Rey maualuga and Jarron Gilbert

BUT....got Ziggy Hood instead.

What?

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
      Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

DAMN... I really wanted to see Gilbert in round 2! Wonder what we got for the pick?

Also, what's the deal on Ziggy? Is he going to be able to man the middle for us, or will he be a DE?

Comment

We got pick 15 and pick 20 of the 3rd for 64.

Comment

I can't believe we could have had both Eben Britton and Jarron Gilbert... But we passed on both. I like the Ziggy Hood pick, but I would have preferred a RT!

Comment

Wow... that seems like very good value for #64.

Comment

We gave up our 4th rounder, too

Comment

yeah 132 overall

Comment

That's a great trade. 3 3rd rounders will be nice.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

whos still available that the steelers may target?

I think it would be plausible to score Meredith, Macho and Gilbert all in the 3rd.
                      Last edited by SteelCityNightmare; 04-25-2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I could see Rashard Johnson, Mike Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Wallace, AQ Shipley, Gerald Cadogan, Derrick Williams, Duke Robinson, or Jamon Meredith as our pick. Maybe Caldwell or Gilbert. Should be interesting.

Comment

That's an average trade in my opinion. Two 3rd's for a 2nd and a 4th.

Target-Jarron Gilbert, Jamon Meredith, AQ Shipley are three of my favorite guys among other lineman (Alex Magee, Sammie Lee Hill, Fenuki Tupou, Troy Kropog, Antoine Caldwell, Duke Robinson, Kraig Urbik) still out there. Also a handful of CB's, Macho Harris and Coye Francies are two of my faves. And WR's like Mike Wallace and Brandon Tate. And at safety I like Rashad Johnson, David Bruton and Chris Clemons.
                          Last edited by THav916; 04-25-2009, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Rumors swirling the Steelers were trying to trade up for Max Unger but couldn't get anything to work. Very disappointing if true.

Comment

We also have an extra 5 and 7 so we could use those to move up high for Gilbert and still have 2 third rounders :) I think we set ourselves up nicely to be very active in getting good players in the 3rd. However with that said we really screwed up by missing out on Britton, Rey, Gilbert, and others. We'll have to see what they can pull off in the 3rd round.

Comment

I know people arent that high on Duke Robinson round here...but he'd be an upgrade over what we've got atm, and would be great value in the 3rd. Other than him...i'll be looking for Macho Harris, Mike Mickens, Jarron Gilbert and AQ Shipley. I can see us targeting them if possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information