3. Antoine Caldwell/Duke Robinson
    3. Louis Murphy
    5. Sammie Lee Hill
    5. Fenuki Tupou
    6. Antonio Appleby
    7. Frank Summers
    7. Trimmane Goddard

That'd be cool.

Seems like all the players I like go to teams I don't like.
    Mack, Robiskie to Browns. Oher to Ravens. Brace, Butler to Patriots. Rey to Bengals. McBath (even though it was a reach), Smith to Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelersfan4life View Post
      We also have an extra 5 and 7 so we could use those to move up high for Gilbert and still have 2 third rounders :) I think we set ourselves up nicely to be very active in getting good players in the 3rd. However with that said we really screwed up by missing out on Britton, Rey, Gilbert, and others. We'll have to see what they can pull off in the 3rd round.
      I love Gilbert, but I'd say if they wanted him, they woulda taken him, so I wouldn't count on them then suddenly trying hard to trade back up and get him.

Waaaaaaaay too early to say we really screwed up. Gotta trust the Steelers more than any of us writing on a message board. Let the draft play out my man.

Comment

This is going to be a boom or bust trade...

It's risky but if they end up with 2 of Glibert, Mickens, Moore, Robinson, Herman Johnson, or Cadogen, I'd be happy.

Like someone said earlier, could have had Britton/Gilbert...would've been very happy.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those thirds shipped off to Buffalo for Parrish.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
            I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those thirds shipped off to Buffalo for Parrish.
            Maybe. I wouldn't mind it. Does anyone know how much the Hines' extension cleared up in cap space. We were REALLY tight before, it might just clear enough for the rookies.

Comment

i'm thinking with our 3rds...

aq shipley
              kevin barnes
              derrick williams

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Very surprising start of the draft, I must say. I like the pick and the trade though. I think Ziggy can be something special in our defense. Excited to see what we do tomorrow.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                  Very surprising start of the draft, I must say. I like the pick and the trade though. I think Ziggy can be something special in our defense. Excited to see what we do tomorrow.
                  yeah i agree, those 3 picks in the 3rd will be nice

Comment

1. Ziggy Hood

Jarron Gilbert and Jamon Meredith are my top guys but I'll go with...
                    3a. AQ Shipley
                    3b. Sammie Lee Hill
                    3c. Mike Wallace/Roscoe Parrish
                    5a. Joe Burnett
                    5b. Louis Vasquez/Andrew Gardner
                    6. Frantz Joseph
                    7a. Frank Summers
                    7b. Trimane Goddard

Comment

I would try and get Rashard Johnson as one of our picks in the third. He would be a very solid player in our scheme. Would be another ballhawk as a safety.

Comment

How can you guys be excited about the 3rd round? You want more Anthony Smith's, Willie Reid's and Trai Essex'? Our best drafting takes place in the 1st and 2nd.

And we blew it in my opinion. I like Hood, but not the value. And I thought we'd make up for it in the 2nd with Gilbert or D.J. Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitt View Post
                          How can you guys be excited about the 3rd round? You want more Anthony Smith's, Willie Reid's and Trai Essex'? Our best drafting takes place in the 1st and 2nd.

And we blew it in my opinion. I like Hood, but not the value. And I thought we'd make up for it in the 2nd with Gilbert or D.J. Moore.
                          Why are you so damn negative about everything?

I personally think the Hood pick is excellent. He doesn't have the potential like Gilbert, but he doesn't have the bust factor. I personlly would've chosen Butler or Britton over Hood, but Hood is a great choice.

I think Duke Robinson is going to be a PIttsburgh Steeler tomorrow.

Comment

Why are you so damn negative about everything?

I personally think the Hood pick is excellent. He doesn't have the potential like Gilbert, but he doesn't have the bust factor. I personlly would've chosen Butler or Britton over Hood, but Hood is a great choice.

I think Duke Robinson is going to be a PIttsburgh Steeler tomorrow.

Comment

I'm starting to see the trends in who Tomlin and Colbert are targeting early. Hood, Mendenhall, Timmons: they are all explosive, excellent athletes, coachable with no quit at all.

I'm not sure how well Hood is going to translate to our scheme but I said the same thing when we drafted Timmons.

Great players transcend scheme.

Comment

yeah bro, you followed up your best comment earlier by this one

edit** meaning it sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information