2009/2010 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    SC, it's only the first day of FA. I am sure we will bring in qualtiy free agents that fit in our scheme.
    yeah and ben has plenty of time to add to his repertoire so no worries

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• I can't tell if that is sarcasm or not. haha.

Comment

SC, it's only the first day of FA. I am sure we will bring in qualtiy free agents that fit in our scheme.
        Like we did last year.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• When do we ever really sign free agents? If we do, they aren't really big names.

Comment

When do we ever really sign free agents? If we do, they aren't really big names.

I am hoping this offseason Tomlin will push for more FAs, if they're worth it!
            And it seems like there a quite a few that can help us, or hurt us if they sign in our division? I hate seeing guys that would be awesome Steelers go to our rivals.
            Seems like we need more than just draft picks to make a good solid push this year!
            ...The Pittsburgh Steelers represent a way of life...

Comment

• I'm wondering how Casey Hampton is not pissed that Wilkfork got so much money?

Comment

• How would you guys feel about pursuing either Antonio Bryant or Terrell Owens? IMO, they'd be good additions if they keep their attitudes in check, and with guys like Ward, Harrison, Woodley, and Tomlin, their attitudes might not be that big a problem.

However, they do have baggage, and while both can be game-changing wideouts, they can truly disappear at times.

If any came for cheap, I'd consider them. Definitely not Steeler type of players, but Tomlin has pursued them recently (not Steeler types of players). Vick last year comes to mind, the only reason we didn't sign him being Roethlisberger's controversy, according to Tomlin.

Hopefully this year's new scandal won't affect these types of decisions.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                  Ravens get Boldin, Bengals are pursuing Owens, Browns signed Cribbs, Ben's name will forever be linked to sexual assults, and the biggest free agent were bringing in is Arnaz Battle.

******* wonderful.
                  You must be new to how the front office operates or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                    How would you guys feel about pursuing either Antonio Bryant or Terrell Owens? IMO, they'd be good additions if they keep their attitudes in check, and with guys like Ward, Harrison, Woodley, and Tomlin, their attitudes might not be that big a problem.

However, they do have baggage, and while both can be game-changing wideouts, they can truly disappear at times.

If any came for cheap, I'd consider them. Definitely not Steeler type of players, but Tomlin has pursued them recently (not Steeler types of players). Vick last year comes to mind, the only reason we didn't sign him being Roethlisberger's controversy, according to Tomlin.

Hopefully this year's new scandal won't affect these types of decisions.
                    Seems like we're looking for a slot/WR5. Those guys, attitude and character aside, don't fit. And they'd want too much money.

I don't think we were ever seriously looking at Vick.

Comment

• I dont want Bryant or Owens. Our starting receivers are perfectly fine.

Go get Leigh Bodden. The front office cannot possibly think that we can go into this season with what we have at corner. We need a new starter, and the draft wont give us that right away. Rookies dont start on this defense.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• LOL at the Cards. They are bringing in Eason, Clark, and Foote in for visits. Pittsburgh West.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                          ****! Ravens get Boldin and a fifth round pick for a 3rd and 4th. Freaking steal! Ridiculous, stupid Cards....
                          have we had problems with boldin.. ? i thought fitz was the only one that hurt us .. gotta atribute some of anquan's success to playing with a top 5 #1 WO

sig by me
                          Go buckeyes,steelers, cavs

PM me for jersey transfers

Comment

• Originally posted by steelcrew43 View Post
                            have we had problems with boldin.. ? i thought fitz was the only one that hurt us .. gotta atribute some of anquan's success to playing with a top 5 #1 WO
                            along with kurt warner and a pass-happy offense

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• Originally posted by steelcrew43 View Post
                              I don't necessarily mean against us, but he's definitely going to help them win some games. They finally have a legitimate option at WR, a great one for that matter, and he came fairly cheap.

And I do think that Boldin can do some damage against us. We held him down for the majority of the Superbowl, but he's now on a team that can run real well, meaning that the defense can't simply ignore the run as they did vs. the Cards.

Yeah, playing with Fitz definitely helped, but he's still a dangerous player.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• It's believed to be us and NE for Bodden. I hope we get him and Arnez Battle.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information