• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
    1+3+Clark?

1+3+5+Essex?

What would you guys suggest?
    Sweed is a guy I'd suggest.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
      Sweed is a guy I'd suggest.
      Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about the Sweed to the Chiefs rumors...

1+3+5+Sweed = Berry = Sweetness...

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Just looked up the draft value chart. The number 3 pick is worth 2200 while our 1, 3, and 5 combined are worth 1113. Actually all our picks combined only equals 1606.6. I know the chart isn't perfect but based on that we have to give up a lot more, but with the finances for the number 3 pick who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phillysteeler View Post
          Just looked up the draft value chart. The number 3 pick is worth 2200 while our 1, 3, and 5 combined are worth 1113. Actually all our picks combined only equals 1606.6. I know the chart isn't perfect but based on that we have to give up a lot more, but with the finances for the number 3 pick who knows.
          KC has 5, not 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
            Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about the Sweed to the Chiefs rumors...

1+3+5+Sweed = Berry = Sweetness...
            that would be pure sex. i just have no other way to describe it

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

KC has 5, not 3.
              Rookie mistake on my part, I still have last year stuck in my head. The five is worth 1700 so the numbers still aren't perfect but with a starter and the picks plus the money that would be tied up who knows.

Comment

• I personally wouldnt trade that high in this draft, barring Suh and McCoy the value in the top 5 is not great. I'd personally only move up a few spots to grab Haden or Thomas if they were there. If not id trade back a little bit and target Iupati, Pouncey or Graham.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                  I personally wouldnt trade that high in this draft, barring Suh and McCoy the value in the top 5 is not great. I'd personally only move up a few spots to grab Haden or Thomas if they were there. If not id trade back a little bit and target Iupati, Pouncey or Graham.
                  I would definitely prefer that route. Trading up to five would cost way too much of our draft at a time where we need to stock up on depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                    I personally wouldnt trade that high in this draft, barring Suh and McCoy the value in the top 5 is not great. I'd personally only move up a few spots to grab Haden or Thomas if they were there. If not id trade back a little bit and target Iupati, Pouncey or Graham.
                    Werd. Although I doubt we would have to trade up for either of those two. I have to think as of right now one of those two will fall to us.

Comment

• Got all excited about trading up for Berry (berry, berry, berry unlikely to happen, see what I did there?).

Trade 1st, 3rd, 4th and Sweed for 5th overall.

1. FS Eric Berry, Tennessee
                      2. ILB Brandon Spikes, Florida
                      5.a) NT Linval Joseph, East Carolina
                      5.b) RB Charles Scott, LSU
                      5.c) QB/WR Joe Webb, UAB
                      6.) DT/DE Vince Oghobaase, Duke
                      7.a) C Kevin Matthews, Texas A&M
                      7.b) FB Manese Tonga, BYU

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Yes I do. Kai Parham was a second rounder then dropped to undrafted due to a slow 40. Brandon Siler was a high draft pick before slow 40s dropped him.
                        Maybe you're right, but I'd be really surprised to see him make it all the way to the 5th. I guess I just feel that Spikes was regarded higher than Parham was, but that was a while ago so maybe my memory is just getting fuzzy haha

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                        How much do you think it would take to trade up with the Chiefs? They supposedly want to trade down, and if Berry is still there, oooohhhhhhh, way too tempting.

A 1+3+5? 1+3+4? Would you guys do it?
                        Is Berry that much better than Thomas that it would be worth all of those draft picks and the increased salary to get him? Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have Berry straight up over Thomas, but considering those factors is it worth it?

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentM View Post
                          Maybe you're right, but I'd be really surprised to see him make it all the way to the 5th. I guess I just feel that Spikes was regarded higher than Parham was, but that was a while ago so maybe my memory is just getting fuzzy haha

Is Berry that much better than Thomas that it would be worth all of those draft picks and the increased salary to get him? Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have Berry straight up over Thomas, but considering those factors is it worth it?
                          I agree with the straight Thomas pick over the Berry mega trade as well

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

• It would cost way more than our 3+4 to move up. Remember, it cost us a 3+4 to move up from 32 to 25 to get Holmes, and this would be worth so much more. It would be a similar trade that the Jets pulled off last year, but they robbed the Browns.

Most likely, we could do it by giving up next years #1, or a pretty large package of this years picks.

Berry is damn good, but I don't think it would be worth the risk to trade up that high and have to give out a massive contract.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• I've never seen the Steelers pick in the top 5, and I doubt I ever will. It's just not them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitt View Post
                                I've never seen the Steelers pick in the top 5, and I doubt I ever will. It's just not them.
                                It could happen if somehow the Ben thing goes down in the worst possible way and he is cut.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                                Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information