X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i wouldnt mind a pouncey / jackson rd 1 / 2 punch

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• 18 is too high for Pouncey. He's no Alex Mack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitt View Post
        18 is too high for Pouncey. He's no Alex Mack.
        I've seen quotes that people think Pouncey is better than Mack. Two Brown scouts even said that Pouncey is better than Mack. Scott thinks Pouncey is better than Mack.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
          I've seen quotes that people think Pouncey is better than Mack. Two Brown scouts even said that Pouncey is better than Mack. Scott thinks Pouncey is better than Mack.
          Tebow was arguably the best College QB in history. With his style and ability (Tebow), you have to be nervous that the game film on Pouncey is skewed.

Comment

Tebow was arguably the best College QB in history. With his style and ability (Tebow), you have to be nervous that the game film on Pouncey is skewed.
            It may very well be, but he has looked extremely well in the post season workouts. I would love the move.

Comment

I don't think the style necessarily hurts Pouncy, unless he can't perform a snap with the QB under center. If anything it might be good that he is used to blocking for a mobile QB since Ben likes to move around so much.

Have their been other highly regarded centers from spread offenses that have been drafted lately to benchmark?

Comment

• Basically every offense in the NCAA is a spread. Hell, we even run a spread offense.

Comment

• if anything the fact that tebow ran the ball so much and the offense was so spread makes pouncy look even better, it def doesnt take anything away from him thats for sure

when you look at it simply: our weakest offensive player is C, and our weakest defensive player is CB

i dont see how a pouncey / jackson combo wouldnt fit our needs perfectly

Comment

• Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                    if anything the fact that tebow ran the ball so much and the offense was so spread makes pouncy look even better, it def doesnt take anything away from him thats for sure

when you look at it simply: our weakest offensive player is C, and our weakest defensive player is CB

i dont see how a pouncey / jackson combo wouldnt fit our needs perfectly
                    TC was our weakest defensive player. I think the inability of his play really affected ***. Of course, all just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                      TC was our weakest defensive player. I think the inability of his play really affected ***. Of course, all just my opinion.
                      true, but i meant usual starter... and youre right troys absence made everyone else look bad but it still doesnt excuse the fact that *** was completed upon over 60% of the time

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentM View Post
                        I don't think the style necessarily hurts Pouncy, unless he can't perform a snap with the QB under center. If anything it might be good that he is used to blocking for a mobile QB since Ben likes to move around so much.

Have their been other highly regarded centers from spread offenses that have been drafted lately to benchmark?
                        im pretty sure cal runs a spread, so alex mack would be in that same boat

Comment

• Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                          im pretty sure cal runs a spread, so alex mack would be in that same boat
                          Excellent point! I guess my biggest question for any center that we would bring in is his ability to hold his ground against NTs. On the radio a little while ago they said that Pouncey didn't fair well against Cody. Does anyone remember watching them battle it out during the SEC Championship game?

Comment

• The point was in regards to Tebow as an individual, not the style of the Offense.

Comment

• I think if Haden or Thomas are not on the board, then the Steelers should trade down to get more picks and take Pouncey. He may not be the sexy pick, but the center is a huge part of the offensive line. Maybe trade to 25 and get another third. You could even trade that third with a second to move up in the second round. Then you have a shot at a decent corner.

You can't expect to get Pouncey in the second. Eric Wood was rumored to be a second rounder, but went in the first.

Comment

• Originally posted by xlm34 View Post
                                I think if Haden or Thomas are not on the board, then the Steelers should trade down to get more picks and take Pouncey. He may not be the sexy pick, but the center is a huge part of the offensive line. Maybe trade to 25 and get another third. You could even trade that third with a second to move up in the second round. Then you have a shot at a decent corner.

You can't expect to get Pouncey in the second. Eric Wood was rumored to be a second rounder, but went in the first.
                                in a perfect world i would love for this to happen, but you know how hard it is to trade down in these drafts nowadays

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information