2009/2010 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
    in a perfect world i would love for this to happen, but you know how hard it is to trade down in these drafts nowadays
    I dont know, the Pats seem to do it just about every year. Some sucker is willing to do it, you just need to do it right so you don't miss out on the guy you want. Not sure if it works out perfectly, but maybe something like our 1st and 5th to swap 1sts and pick up a 3rd from someone. Or maybe swap 1sts and get a future 3rd or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by skarocksoi View Post
      I dont know, the Pats seem to do it just about every year. Some sucker is willing to do it, you just need to do it right so you don't miss out on the guy you want. Not sure if it works out perfectly, but maybe something like our 1st and 5th to swap 1sts and pick up a 3rd from someone. Or maybe swap 1sts and get a future 3rd or something.
      Yeah, if we trade down three or four spots, we can pick up an extra fifth, maybe a fourth, but that would be lucky.

Last year, the Browns moved down from 17 to 19 and picked up an extra sixth.

They then traded down for two spots again (19 to 21) and picked up an extra sixth.

New England traded down from 23 to 26 and picked up an extra fifth.

New England then traded their first (26) and a fifth for a second and two thirds.

I think we could move down to 20 before the Bengals and still have either Iupati or Pouncey on the board. If for some reason they're gone, Graham, Spoon, Davis, and a couple others would still be options. Maybe even Dez Bryant or something.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitt View Post
        The point was in regards to Tebow as an individual, not the style of the Offense.
        I don't think Tebow being a good QB affects how Pouncey is evaluated by our scouting staff. If anything Pouncey doing his job would help Tebow look good more than the other way around.

Comment

• It also has to do a lot with who you're trading with. If a team wants to trade up, you can get more than if you simply want to trade down.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Anthony Dixon is a beast. This play exemplifies what "tough to tackle" means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcY8M...eature=related

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentM View Post
              I don't think Tebow being a good QB affects how Pouncey is evaluated by our scouting staff. If anything Pouncey doing his job would help Tebow look good more than the other way around.
              Here are some clips where you can see Pouncey play. They are highlights for others, but it's basically the same film you'd find in a Pouncey highlights film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=776DOYfqN0Q
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TIwBBuCtPA

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• some of the latest mocks ive read have us taking kyle wilson...

of all the videos i've watched of him i just gotta say i'm not really all that impressed...

anyone feel otherwise?

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                  some of the latest mocks ive read have us taking kyle wilson...

of all the videos i've watched of him i just gotta say i'm not really all that impressed...

anyone feel otherwise?
                  Didn't Kyle Wilson have character concerns or something? Not sure about this...

And yeah, those clips don't show anything impressive from Pouncey. I'd still like to see him run-blocking and other things, but so far, not overly impressed. Not nearly as excited about the possibility of drafting him as I was last year with Mack.

This clip shows Mack highlights. He was a monster.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XPwmtbD56Q

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Also, here's a clip showing Joe Webb and his freak physical abilities.

The guy is 6'3 and the tower of dummies reaches his chin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9PsUH1fmJk&NR=1

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Would rather have Iupati than Pouncey if were going interior. Overall though, if we're going O-line, Trent Williams is my #1.

Hoping for one of the five.

1. Joe Haden CB Florida unlikely
                      2. Rolando McClain ILB Oklahoma unlikely
                      3. Earl Thomas FS Texas 1A
                      4. Trent Williams OT Oklahoma 1B
                      5. C.J. Spiller RB Clemson distant 3rd

A noticeable difference in value if we trade back. I don't like our track record with extra 3rd / 4th round picks as it is, so I'd rather trade up in the first if anything.

1. Mike Iupati G Idaho
                      2. Brandon Graham OLB Michigan
                      3. Taylor Mays S USC
                      4. Maurkice Pouncey C Florida
                      5. Dan Williams NT Tennessee
                      Last edited by Pitt; 03-25-2010, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• Someone to keep an eye out for as late late round pick or UDFA most likely is Damion Fletcher, looks like a good 3rd down back. MeMo is on the last year of his contract is I am correct.

Comment

• I would like us to bring in callahan bright if he checks out mentally. There is a post about him in the main draft forum. He was a major recruit at florida state but never went due to grades and had a minor marijuana arrest a few years ago. He is also from PA and his brother was on roster last year. He is 6'2 331 and trying to get to 320 by his workout. He should rep somewhere between 30-40 reps. I wouldn't mind bringing him in a an udfa or 7th rounder and we could have an inside track with his brother. He is a link to an SI article about him.
                          http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ght/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Phillysteeler View Post
                            I would like us to bring in callahan bright if he checks out mentally. There is a post about him in the main draft forum. He was a major recruit at florida state but never went due to grades and had a minor marijuana arrest a few years ago. He is also from PA and his brother was on roster last year. He is 6'2 331 and trying to get to 320 by his workout. He should rep somewhere between 30-40 reps. I wouldn't mind bringing him in a an udfa or 7th rounder and we could have an inside track with his brother. He is a link to an SI article about him.
                            http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ght/index.html
                            His brother was a DL at Purdue but is listed as a TE here? Not sure what they're doing with him, but I'm sure the FO has a docket on this kid. I'm all for giving a guy a chance if he really has turned the corner, which it sounds like he has. UDFA only, IMO. It's a long, long road to the bigs if this kid does make it.

Comment

• Movethesticks has a mock draft with us taking Haden. Also notable is that Thomas is taken way before our pick, Pouncey is taken at pick 31, and no Iupati or Mays in the 1st round. Not sure I agree with all of that, but its interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by skarocksoi View Post
                                Movethesticks has a mock draft with us taking Haden. Also notable is that Thomas is taken way before our pick, Pouncey is taken at pick 31, and no Iupati or Mays in the 1st round. Not sure I agree with all of that, but its interesting.
                                I'd be fine with Haden, although I think there's good CB value in R2 and even R3 this year. Would not surprise me if Thomas goes higher than most expect; he's still my top pick for us right now.

Pouncey will go 1c, Iupati will go 1c, Mays I have no idea, but I think he's 2a.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information