2009/2010 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    We went to Boise State's Pro Day to watch Wilson. We are also expected to bring him in for a visit.
    yeah there were a lot of players that they mentioned that we're expected to bring in but it just isn't official yet. I just didn't list those. But yeah there are a fair amount of big name prospects still to be scheduled.

Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Granted it was against lower level competition, it's still pretty damn impressive. If we do end up drafting him, I hope he doesn't turn out like our last small school project who was suppose to be a big player and ballhawk.

Comment

• I like him. I say go for it.

Watching those highlights and seeing his speed compared to the other guys on the field, it looks like he could keep up with anybody else in this draft. Most of his ints were really bad passes, but at least he caught them. My concern would be tackling and whether he has the strength to stop the bigger and stronger WRs and RBs.
        Last edited by skarocksoi; 03-26-2010, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
          Granted it was against lower level competition, it's still pretty damn impressive. If we do end up drafting him, I hope he doesn't turn out like our last small school project who was suppose to be a big player and ballhawk.
          just look at his name...that alone is worth drafting him

Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Doing a 7R mock at Walterfootball... way too many trades and pages of inane chatter, but whatever. R1 I selected Earl Thomas. (Weatherspoon was off at 15, Haden and McClain were off; best choices were Thomas, Brandon Graham, Anthony Davis, Jared Odrick, IMO.)

Without listing all players taken, where would you look for R2?

Dwyer is still on the board; I think Tate may be a better pro, though.

Tennant and Walton are on. Ghee and AOA are on. Carrington, Worilds, Koa Misi still on.

Suggestions? At this point I'm leaning toward Ghee, who I see as close to a R1 value, and a huge injection of talent into the backfield.

Comment

• Maybe it's just me, but the 2nd round talent in this draft seems like the worst in years.

In past drafts you would have at least 10-15 names in the top of the 2nd who are LEGIT 1st round candidates.

If you go by rankings, I see more 3rd round names that I'd want than the 2nd.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers trade that 2nd round pick for a pick next year (you always get better value).

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitt View Post
                Maybe it's just me, but the 2nd round talent in this draft seems like the worst in years.

In past drafts you would have at least 10-15 names in the top of the 2nd who are LEGIT 1st round candidates.

If you go by rankings, I see more 3rd round names that I'd want than the 2nd.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers trade that 2nd round pick for a pick next year (you always get better value).
                i disagree

1) i love this years second round
                2) might not be a draft next year

this years secod round seems to be stacked with WRs and CBs more than anything imo
                E]

Comment

• I am sure that there will still be a draft if there is no season. Don't quote me, but I think they'll still have the draft. When the NHL had their lock out, they still had the draft.

Comment

• Ryan Clark continues to keep climbing up my favorite player's scale. Not only is he a class guy, he doesn't throw a teamate under the bus whenever they're being a dumbass. Watch the video.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5026596

Comment

• What do you guys think of Kraig Urbik? Will he get a chance to play next season?
                      "Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."

Comment

• I think he'll win the RG spot...that is unless we draft Mike Iupati of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                          I think he'll win the RG spot...that is unless we draft Mike Iupati of course.
                          I read Pouncey could play RG for the first year if we draft him too. I don't want him to, but it's also a realistic possibilty.

Comment

• I'd rather see Pouncey and Urbik start at some point next season at center and right guard. Those two spots are horribly weak on our line.

I don't think they'd let Pouncey start from day 1, but they'd have to after watching Hartwig play the first few games cause its clear he sucks.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                              I'd rather see Pouncey and Urbik start at some point next season at center and right guard. Those two spots are horribly weak on our line.

I don't think they'd let Pouncey start from day 1, but they'd have to after watching Hartwig play the first few games cause its clear he sucks.
                              I agree on Hartwig. I was so excited when we signed him because he played well for Carolina and Tennessee and I thought he was our next great center. At least he was better than Sean Mahan.

Comment

• A line of...

Starks - Kemoeatu - Pouncey - Urbik - Colon

would be a nasty run-blocking line!

If that was the line, i would be disapointed if Mendy ran for less than 1,500 yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information