• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jakey View Post
    A line of...

Starks - Kemoeatu - Pouncey - Urbik - Colon

would be a nasty run-blocking line!

If that was the line, i would be disapointed if Mendy ran for less than 1,500 yards.
    Add in a true FB and we could see a superstar in the making for Mendy.

Comment

• Urbik will never be a starter for us, id be surprised if he was a backup for much longer. he'll just be another mid round Oline prospect that didnt pan out. His feet have lead in them, he gets blown off the ball, hes not great at pulling, he couldnt beat out 2 UDFA last year. I like legursky on the team as a backup center and FB, i like foster (who really should have gotten drafted) as both a backup guard and tackle.

Hills probably wont be on the team much longer, i had high hopes for him. the urbik pick after drafting hood and trading away the #2 pick just blew my mind though...just terrible.

id rather have essex as the RG again, not the greatest run blocker but a solid player and did better job than stapleton (who did alright as well)

Would love pouncey in the first, the man is sex on turf. silky smooth for a center
      E]

Comment

• Someone people are just ready to compete as rookies (see Wallace, Foster, ect), but some aren't. I would rather wait another year to see if he can win a spot. I still have hopes for Hills. He would've been a top two round tackle had he not gotten hurt. Maybe this is the year he wins a starting job at either tackle spot and pushes Colon to RG.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
          Someone people are just ready to compete as rookies (see Wallace, Foster, ect), but some aren't. I would rather wait another year to see if he can win a spot. I still have hopes for Hills. He would've been a top two round tackle had he not gotten hurt. Maybe this is the year he wins a starting job at either tackle spot and pushes Colon to RG.
          i understand that, i just hated that pick long before i saw he offered zero competition to other players. i just dont think he has a future with the team. in 2 years we'll put him in the bruce davis/willie reid group rather than the mike wallace one.

i thought hills could have been a big time steal. no reason to believe he wouldnt have been a first round stud if he didnt blow out both knees, id love him to turn the corner this year
          E]

Comment

• Im pretty sure Urbik will be starting at some point. Either him or Foster...if the team is serious about running the ball more, either of them would be an upgrade over Essex in that standpoint.

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
              Urbik will never be a starter for us, id be surprised if he was a backup for much longer. he'll just be another mid round Oline prospect that didnt pan out. His feet have lead in them, he gets blown off the ball, hes not great at pulling, he couldnt beat out 2 UDFA last year. I like legursky on the team as a backup center and FB, i like foster (who really should have gotten drafted) as both a backup guard and tackle.
              You're way off. His work ethic, smarts, and ability to make up for lack of athleticism will ENSURE that he stays around for awhile. Comparing him to Bruce Davis is a joke. Urbik is a football player that finds a way to get it done. He's always aware in pass protection, and knows what to do in the run game.

Not everything is about speed and good feet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitt View Post
                You're way off. His work ethic, smarts, and ability to make up for lack of athleticism will ENSURE that he stays around for awhile. Comparing him to Bruce Davis is a joke. Urbik is a football player that finds a way to get it done. He's always aware in pass protection, and knows what to do in the run game.

i agree, but im not gonna lie i was SHOCKED that bruce davis was such a ***** during camp, especially considering his pops was an nfl player

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• Urbik definately deserves another shot before people write him off. Some rookies have a hard time coming into camp. I'd let Essex, Urbik, and Foster compete in camp for the RG job.

Iupati could take it from any of them from day 1.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitt View Post

we'll see, i dont think im way off. urbik is a bum, speed and footwork might not be everything but if you suck you suck no matter how athletic you are. not sure why you insist theres no chance of him just being another mid round failure
                    E]

Comment

• And I'm not sure why you insist that he sucks after only one year. He could still easily go either way.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• oh i know he could....im on he side that he will suck, i hope the man is a pro bowl guard that makes me look like a ****** idiot....but i doubt that happens.

you guys call me way off, im just as right as you guys are....i just think hes a player that has a very low ceiling on him, what you see is what you get
                        E]

Comment

• I agree you do see what you get...and what analysts and scouts saw from college and the preseason is a mauling RG with a solid all-round game. That sounds better than anyone we have right now...Essex is solid in pass pro, but below average run blocking...Foster is a beast in the run game, but probably even slower footwise than Urbik...Urbik seems like he has the slight edge imho. Who knows though, the jury is out untill august :p

Comment

• Hey guys, quick recap of the Forum Mock for us so far:

Had the 18th pick, about to take Iupati when Eagles offered trade, traded down to #24 and swapped our third for their second.

Iupati still available at #24, took him there. In his analysis, MelKiper had him as the second best pick of the draft so far.

So far:

1.18 - OG Mike Iupati, Idaho
                            2.52 -
                            2.55 -
                            4.116 -
                            5.151 -
                            5.164 -
                            5.166 -

Also have the chance to trade our 2nd and 4th for an early-mid third and two early-mid 4ths. Still pondering whether to do it or not.

Anyway, here's the list of players left (out of Scott's Top 100):

Rob Gronkowski
                            Chad Jones
                            Brandon Spikes
                            Damian Williams
                            Sean Lee
                            Jerome Murphy
                            Mardy Gilyard
                            Tyson Alualu
                            Koa Misi
                            Jonathan Dwyer
                            Ricky Sapp
                            Aaron Hernandez
                            Eric Norwood
                            Nate Allen
                            Navorro Bowman
                            Brandon Ghee
                            J.D. Walton
                            Lamarr Houston
                            Dominique Franks
                            Toby Gerhart
                            Jason Fox
                            Cam Thomas
                            Joe McKnight
                            Amari Spievey
                            Eric Decker
                            Jared Veldheer
                            Major Wright
                            Jermaine Cunningham
                            Chris Cook
                            Andre Roberts
                            Colt McCoy
                            Morgan Burnett
                            Donald Butler
                            Ed Dickson
                            Geno Atkins
                            Riley Cooper
                            Anthony McCoy
                            Montario Hardesty
                            Alex Carrington
                            Jimmy Graham
                            Selvish Capers
                            Thaddeus Gibson
                            D'Anthony Smith
                            Rennie Curran
                            Javier Arenas
                            Dennis Pitta
                            Jason Worilds
                            John Jerry
                            Dorin Dickerson
                            Greg Hardy

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• nice move, was earl thomas not there?

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                                nice move, was earl thomas not there?
                                No, Ravens traded Jared Gaither to the 49ers and took him at #17.

Anthony Davis went #16 to Raiders. Sean Weatherspoon #15 to Giants. Pouncey went #14 to Broncos.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information