No announcement yet.

2009/2010 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I was going to post that, but my computer was super slow. I have my laptop now. RIP Kaye Cowher.

Comment

• There's a tour of the Steelers facilities on steelers.com, given by Brett Keisel.

He says that Mundy's going to be a good player. Lets hope he's right.

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-au...a-1c6ad6fca7e3

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steelersfan4life View Post
        This may be ignorant but how hard could it be for our o-line to run block. While Ben is gone, lets have a heavy rushing attack on offense. Hammer the ball inside and out, get the defense tired, and simply play old fashion, blue-collar steeler football. I know this may be oblivious to Arians but, it seemed last year that our defense would get the job done and when our offense gets on the field we throw it around, take a few sacks, and while it does work beautifully at times, it often leads to our defense getting no rest what-so-ever. And playing 4 quarters with a tired defense cannot lead to good things, a la numerous defensive meltdowns in the 4th. I am well aware of the fact that Leftwich and Dixon are very capable QBs, but how about playing some smart football. Run the ball, control the clock, limit turnovers, and have a well-rested, dominant defense- all of these things are more than possible and given history it's bound to turn out nicely.

/End Rant

I haven't been on in a while and I figured I might as well throw in my two cents.

Not easy to do without threat of passing game.

Comment

• http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...53#post2240353

It's up!!!! Hopefully Shane can sticky it.

Comment

• Hey guys, hows it going? Can one of you give me an update on Ziggy Hood? Is he a bust, or just haven't been given a chance?

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

• Originally posted by V-I-P View Post
              Hey guys, hows it going? Can one of you give me an update on Ziggy Hood? Is he a bust, or just haven't been given a chance?
              hes been playing relatively well in place of smith...

our 3/4 DL dont get a lot of recognition and while hes played well he hasnt done anything to distinguish himself on a national level

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• Ziggy Hood has been a force on his side especially against the Ravens where he forced double teams and allowed Timmons to have a field day. Hood has had a sack in each of his last 3 games and against the Ravens had four tackles and one assist. On many of the Harrison Sacks Hood came to hit Flacco seconds after. Ziggy has played exeptionally and I look foward to seeing him mature more as a player and allow the Steelers to send 3 guys and still get pressure.

Comment

• Ok got a question fourm mock tonight i am making the Steelers pick. What is a bigger need for the Steelers CB or OL?

RIP themaninblack

Comment

• CB unless its pouncey or carimi at 31

Id take aaron williams or jimmy smith in a heartbeat...id even be inclined to reach for ras-i or curtis brown if i had to rather than take sherrod, solder, watkins, or ijalana
                    E]

Comment

• Originally posted by V-I-P View Post
                      Hey guys, hows it going? Can one of you give me an update on Ziggy Hood? Is he a bust, or just haven't been given a chance?
                      he was pathetically bad until his last 5 or so games...he was being brutalized and thrown on his ass way to much for being a LDE in a 34. at the end of the year he was much better though, id still rather have him play on the right side and get heyward for the left...evander is an attacking dlineman, hes be better in keisels role
                      E]

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
                        he was pathetically bad until his last 5 or so games...he was being brutalized and thrown on his ass way to much for being a LDE in a 34. at the end of the year he was much better though, id still rather have him play on the right side and get heyward for the left...evander is an attacking dlineman, hes be better in keisels role
                        Ok thanks. What if someone like Cam Heyward or another 3-4 DL drops in the 1st do u think they would pull the trigger on them and what chance do u think they would try and trade down?

RIP themaninblack

Comment

• cam heyward would be near the top of my list if not at the top if he fell to 31, only other dlineman i would take there would be phil taylor.

Heyward
                          Pouncey
                          Carimi
                          Williams
                          Taylor
                          Jimmy smith
                          Ras-i dowling
                          Curtis Brown
                          Brandon Harris

would be my list of first round picks...would prefer the last 3 in the second but if they had to reach for dowling id be ok with it.

trade down is possible this year, im kinda in favor of it and thats not usually the case
                          E]

Comment

• Gave the Steelers a Cameron Heyward in the 1st in the Fourm Mock with Carimi and Pouncey off the board and not being sold on Aaron Williams.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

• if heyward is a steeler come a few weeks there is no argument from me...thats a hell of a value pick imo....and whether your sold on williams or not he would either be an upgrade over mcfadden/*** at CB or the sluggish ryan clark at FS.

im on board with texas DBs...probably the strongest bloodline in the NFL at the moment
                              E]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information