No announcement yet.

2009/2010 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not saying that I want this to happen, but do you see us turning to a 4-3 when Dick Lebeu retires? We took Ziggy who could be great in a 4-3, we are getting rid of Foote leaving only Farrior and Timmons, after Farrior leaves we don't have anthor MLB. And Mike Tomlin came from a 4-3 defense.

Comment

Keith Butler will be the DC and still run a 34 defense.

Comment

Originally posted by skarocksoi View Post
        Sonny looks like he needs to hit the gym a little bit before he can make an impact on the D line. PS him or leave him on the active team and dont dress him?

Also, Wallace has a pointy head. More aerodynamic? Just throwing it out there.
        lol, hes just rockin that fo' hawk

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Originally posted by Steelersfan4life View Post
          Not saying that I want this to happen, but do you see us turning to a 4-3 when Dick Lebeu retires? We took Ziggy who could be great in a 4-3, we are getting rid of Foote leaving only Farrior and Timmons, after Farrior leaves we don't have anthor MLB. And Mike Tomlin came from a 4-3 defense.
          i feel like tomlin knows and is comfortable with the 34 now, i think as long as hes here, thats what we run

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jixyYRkaC-k

Our UDFA running back, Isaac Redman. For a big guy, he sure can move well. There are three videos, but he really impressed me in his first one. Could be be a gem?

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jixyYRkaC-k

Our UDFA running back, Isaac Redman. For a big guy, he sure can move well. There are three videos, but he really impressed me in his first one. Could be be a gem?

some of those highlights are SICK! and you're right, he can move very well for a big guy. Is there room on the roster for him and the Tank?
              ...The Pittsburgh Steelers represent a way of life...

Comment

Originally posted by SCSteeler View Post
                some of those highlights are SICK! and you're right, he can move very well for a big guy. Is there room on the roster for him and the Tank?
                His field vision is amazing, he knows where everybody is. I can't really seem to see how fast he really is, as he doesn't seem to ever turn on the jets, but he breaks a ton of tackles.

He's listed as 6'0 and 230 lbs, so yeah, he moves pretty well for a guy his size. Maybe too well...

I think he needs some work, and I'd like to see him play against guys who literally tackle for a living. But overall, he does seem like a guy who shouldn't have gone undrafted, and most of those plays are spectacular. Hopefully he does develop into the next great Steeler UDFA.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by Steelersfan4life View Post
                  I can't see it.

My thoughts are Tomlin is just bringing the pro's of the tampa2 defense (Coverage's and athleticism), but he's doing it with players that fit the 3-4 defense as well.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                    His field vision is amazing, he knows where everybody is. I can't really seem to see how fast he really is, as he doesn't seem to ever turn on the jets, but he breaks a ton of tackles.

He's listed as 6'0 and 230 lbs, so yeah, he moves pretty well for a guy his size. Maybe too well...

I think he needs some work, and I'd like to see him play against guys who literally tackle for a living. But overall, he does seem like a guy who shouldn't have gone undrafted, and most of those plays are spectacular. Hopefully he does develop into the next great Steeler UDFA.
                    I hope we stash him on the PS for a few years. He certainly has more upside than Justin Vincent. If he shows enough, maybe we could have him make the roster as a 4th running back.

RB: Parker/Mendenhall/Moore/Redman
                    FB: Tank or McHugh

But I really see it as this:

RB: Parker/Mendenhall/Moore/Tank
                    FB: Davis

Comment

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09122/967203-66.stm

...at the bottom of the page (from the PG), it says Martin Nance isn't at camp for something? Does anyone know if it's an injury or is it one of those personal reasons?
                      ...The Pittsburgh Steelers represent a way of life...

Comment

Originally posted by SCSteeler View Post
                        http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09122/967203-66.stm

...at the bottom of the page (from the PG), it says Martin Nance isn't at camp for something? Does anyone know if it's an injury or is it one of those personal reasons?
                        I think it's a somewhat excused personal reason. I seriously doubt that a guy who's competing for a roster spot skips the first day of minicamp for anything that's not important.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

It's good to hear that Dixon is doing well this off-season, it would be awesome if he could unseat Batch.

But I'm hoping the "Dixon looks like he should unseat Batch" means Dixon is looking really good as opposed to Batch is looking rusty.

Like the last few off-seasons, Townsend is working out at safety as well as corner again. Anyone think we could actually move him there this time? We are pretty thin there with only Mundy and Carter, maybe Lewis but I think he is a corner. And we have far more depth at corner with Ratliff, Lewis, other Lewis, Madison, Burnett and Bryant.

Comment

Originally posted by Strongside View Post
                            It's good to hear that Dixon is doing well this off-season, it would be awesome if he could unseat Batch.

But I'm hoping the "Dixon looks like he should unseat Batch" means Dixon is looking really good as opposed to Batch is looking rusty.

Like the last few off-seasons, Townsend is working out at safety as well as corner again. Anyone think we could actually move him there this time? We are pretty thin there with only Mundy and Carter, maybe Lewis but I think he is a corner. And we have far more depth at corner with Ratliff, Lewis, other Lewis, Madison, Burnett and Bryant.
                            Here's the link with the Dixon info and the Townsend info as well for those who haven't seen it.

Dixon might be able to unseat Batch. It'd be nice to have a good, young QB as the back-up, knowing that he can develop much more than Batch can now, and he might even become some valuable trade-bait at some point.

As for Townsend, I think he starts off at corner and gradually switches to safety, but only if required. Tomlin rarely uses rookies, even if they might be somewhat productive. In his first year, Timmons mainly played special teams, and Woodley was in for only, like, 60 snaps all season long, post season combined. Spaeth is still a back-up, Sepulveda did actually start as a rookie, Stephenson and McBean were cut, G.ay is supposed to start this year, and Baker is still a guy who isn't really out of the practice squad yet.

Out of last year's rookies, Mendy played in, like, two games (including the one with his injury), Sweed was never a factor, Davis didn't play, Hills didn't play, Dixon had one pass in the regular-season closer, Humpal was cut and Mundy was on the PS.

That's why I think that Deshea actually sticks at CB again. If G.ay or Taylor are hurt, then Townsend starts. Plus, and I might be wrong on this, I think that learning two different positions might kind of screw him up. Might be wrong on this, but nevertheless...

In any case, Townsend is great to have as depth. And as a mentor to the new guys.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_623419.html

Bruce Davis is eager to contribute.

He lost some pounds (262 to 255) but gained speed and muscle, according to him.

Can't wait to see how he pans out.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

you can say Gay now

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information